26CornerBlitz

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he didn't make enough already?

Anyways, happy for him!

-------

It's an incentive, not a guarantee. Performance? 1500+yards 15 TDs? Games played? Maybe all 16? Receptions? 70? Shady is already an elite back. Any additional production is worth the cost IMO.

Proves to me that McD has a good feel for his players. Shady is a team guy but also seems a little self absorbed and is into personal goals as well. Personal goal incentives seems like a good way to motivate him and in turn help the team. I run a small business and we do it all the time.

could be "shady, we are putting a lot on you, so if all goes well, you will be rewarded handsomely for your efforts. thank you. and hopefully this shows you that we intend to take care of those that take care of us. now go out there, do what you do, and give those fans something to cheer for!"

Proves to me that McD has a good feel for his players. Shady is a team guy but also seems a little self absorbed and is into personal goals as well. Personal goal incentives seems like a good way to motivate him and in turn help the team. I run a small business and we do it all the time.

and also..."we are gonna run you into the ground. you are going to hurt. but this should help ease the pain a bit".

seems like a self motivated players who wants to be the best

Haha are you guys messing with me or are you being serious? They gave him 1 year worth of incentives for absolutely no reason other than to motivate him to have 1 good season. You can't be that dense to see what's going on here. If you think a highly paid RB in his 30's is part of a rebuilding team then you need to get your head examined. In 2-3 years when we are expected to be good Shady will most likely be retired. Wake up people

Haha are you guys messing with me or are you being serious? They gave him 1 year worth of incentives for absolutely no reason other than to motivate him to have 1 good season. You can't be that dense to see what's going on here. If you think a highly paid RB in his 30's is part of a rebuilding team then you need to get your head examined. In 2-3 years when we are expected to be good Shady will most likely be retired. Wake up people

If that's why they did it, it's freaking genius.

They need Shady to ball out this year so they added money, simple.

If that's why they did it, it's freaking genius.

Its win win. Shady balls out and does great this year. he Is motivated and makes more money, Bills get a guy who can show he can still ball so he is better trade bait

Ok that only covers a portion of your post...

Its win win. Shady balls out and does great this year. he Is motivated and makes more money, Bills get a guy who can show he can still ball so he is better trade bait

Ridiculous! NFL personnel executives already know what kind of player he is. He doesn't need to show anymore than he has for his entire career.

I don't think Shady needs to prove anything to anyone willing to trade for a RB to begin with. He may only have a couple years left in the tank, but every team in the NFL knows what he is capable of without added incentive to play even better. McCoy had 1623 combined yards last season, which was 5th in the league for RBs and 27.6% of the teams yards.

Edited by Scott7975

Ridiculous! NFL personnel executives already know what kind of player he is. He doesn't need to show anymore than he has for his entire career.

Right. It's all about aligning those production incentives with the different things this offense wants to do, as opposed to the old offense.

He doesn't look good enough around the league now?

Hasn't put up Philly type numbers since coming here, no. If he puts up the type of numbers he did in Philly teams will know he's still got it and his trade value goes through the roof. A RB desperate team will be itching for a back that can put up big numbers like that

Right. It's all about aligning those production incentives with the different things this offense wants to do, as opposed to the old offense.

Agreed. As I said earlier in the thread, I expect him to be heavily involved in the passing game as Arian Foster was for the Texans.