This is how epically bad we are.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ready to sit there and watch the first year of a three year serious rebuilding plan.

I think it's the 6th one now (a few didn't quite get to Year Three)

Official space helmet on, Captain Video!

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

11 games out of 48. 23%.

I really find it hard to believe that Ducasse is beating out Miller by any legit metric. I think Ducasse has nasty pictures of Castillo or something.

Please, when coaching that "blind monkey", please train it to throw darts that will take into account 3 coaching changes in <5 years

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

And we had BOB WOODS and he was &#33;@#&#036;ing CRAZY!

On the bright side, if we didn't select Sammy, we were enamored with Eric Ebron.

LOL, LOL

Those bad drafts along with this are the reason why this team continually fails to produce a winner: https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/195696-ralph-set-this-team-back-with-his-trust-issues/

Yep.

I'm all for it, keep sweepin' it away!

yup. A huge mess of Whaley Fans on the BBMB would scream he never had any decisions to make (and therefore no responsibility) his entire time at OBD, but gleefully gave him credit for the good things the he apparently arranged.

yup. A huge mess of Whaley Fans on the BBMB would scream he never had any decisions to make (and therefore no responsibility) his entire time at OBD, but gleefully gave him credit for the good things the he apparently arranged.

Whaley was good at signing FA's, but was terrible with draft picks.

Let's not forget our 2013 first round pick. Those 4 drafts should have produced the cornerstones of the current team . They produced zero. This is a tear down / rebuild regardless of what the FO would like us to believe

Hello!

@IanKenyonNFL

What the bills are doing would make a lot more sense if they were trading aging vets instead of good 22-23 year old players

I would agree with this. Wouldn't it be easier to keep those players and figure out what to do with one guy( Dareus) in a year or so? I mean,MD is the reason why they are running a 4-3. Not an aging KW, not JH , heck not even SL. Essentially they are purging talent to keep Dareus as a 4-3 DT.

It is a mess and it seems more and more that Beane and McDermott are determined to get rid of anyone they didn't bring in. I still can't understand how Watkins and Darby specifically wouldn't be helpful long-term.

11 games out of 48. 23%.

I really find it hard to believe that Ducasse is beating out Miller by any legit metric. I think Ducasse has nasty pictures of Castillo or something.

Please, when coaching that "blind monkey", please train it to throw darts that will take into account 3 coaching changes in <5 years

You would hope that players selected in the first 2 rounds have enough talent to survive a coaching change.

Watkins, Darby, Ragland are all under 24. No sure how theyre dead weight. But instead we extend Eric Wood? I love Wood but hes no longer what he used to be.

You aren't going to mention the 2013 class none of which are on the team?

Haha. Go for it. I lost steam.

You, Rex and this guy might be the only three folks who think Ragnuts is "good."

I think you are being harsh on Ragland. Most had second round grade , some even first Rd on the guy. He had a serious knee injury and isn't all the way back. By all accounts was looking very good in camp pre injury . It's a bit unfair to say he's had a chance to even show what he can do at full health

I think you are being harsh on Ragland. Most had second round grade , some even first Rd on the guy. He had a serious knee injury and isn't all the way back. By all accounts was looking very good in camp pre injury . It's a bit unfair to say he's had a chance to even show what he can do at full health

Then, at best, he's an unknown.

Good? Not a chance.

Why would a new coach keep together a defense that was terrible? Every team in NFL without a QB goes through what the Bills are going through. Just sucks that we haven't had a QB to build around in 20 years and go through this every 3 years.

The Bills haven't gone through a purge of recent high picks like this in a long time.

Bills should fire the GM responsible for all of those terrible decisions!

Damn...and I didn't think I could feel any sicker about our draft history under Nix/Whaley.

This is a clear re-build and long term plan. Love it!!

But is it smart? Many of the players were high picks. The picks received are low. The long term plan may not be better than keeping the young players and running a system that works for them. Maybe jettisoning just a Dareus and some aging vets like Wood and Kyle