This is how epically bad we are.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take unproven commodities using a fresh approach over known 'qualities' and the same old overlapping rosters and philosophies.

Sure, these guys could flame out spectacularly, but at the very least they're doing it on their terms, in their vision, rather than hammering the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not "falling for" anything out of OBD. I'm intrigued by the new approach, and I don't expect results overnight.

Good post; however, I disagree.

Darby/Ragland/Watkins are all 24 and under and still on their rookie contracts. Darby had a good rookie season and followed that with a subpar 2nd season. He's unproven. Ragland never even started a game in the NFL. Unproven. Watkins, when healthy, was very effective. His talent is not up for debate, and he's still 24yrs old; not even in his prime yet.

If what we want to do is get rid of proven players, get rid of Kyle Williams; get rid of Eric Wood; get rid of LoJax; don't sign Andre Holmes; get rid of Jerry Hughes; why is Streater on this team?

Why in the world is Ducasse on this team?! Ragland is traded but we have Ducasse rotating with Miller? Ducasse is garbage. Complete, unequivocal garbage.

You do realize that you make no sense whatsoever with that post?........too many roster and philosophy changes has been a critical regime change issue for the franchise as has been "overdoing it my way" aka "on their terms".

But I supposed hiring his un-employable brother and 50 other crony assistant coaches wasn't Rex doing it his way.

Gone from one over-empowered HC to another.......McDermott will be crucified by Bills fans if he can't make salad out of the sh*t he's creating.......but ultimately it comes down to ownership being down with it.

So what you're saying is if McBeane can retain and groom 3 players from rounds 1-3 over the next three years you'll consider it a success?? I'm good with that.

Man oh man was he bad at drafting.

And Whaley didn't prep at all when he ran away from the obviously needed presser after Rex was fired.

That was the most unprofessional thing I have ever seen for someone who apparently had held a job for more than a week.

It's amazing how many quality NFL GMs and coaches are posting on a fan message board. Pegulas probably could have just started a thread poll for every decision and gotten a free GM!

It's amazing how many quality NFL GMs and coaches are posting on a fan message board. Pegulas probably could have just started a thread poll for every decision and gotten a free GM!

Its amazing how a team can go 2 decades without making the playoffs during the age of parity.

Its amazing how a team can go 2 decades without making the playoffs during the age of parity.

Which has nothing to do with the current FO and coaching staff. Nothing.

If anything, they should be given a little slack because of the garbage sandwich they were given as a starting point.

Which has nothing to do with the current FO and coaching staff. Nothing.

If anything, they should be given a little slack because of the garbage sandwich they were given as a starting point.

How is a .500 team with a top 10 scoring offense a garbage sandwich?? The 0-16 Lions were a garbage sandwich. The 2-14 chiefs were a garbage sandwich.

Yet every team has managed to make the playoffs since divisional realignment... except for one ..

This is another thing that infuriates me. No offense.

Who cares if we make the playoffs if we get bumped or before we win the super bowl?

This team may have been close to sneaking into the playoffs. Maybe. Even that is generous.

This team was light years from winning the Super Bowl. That's the goal and that's what we need to shoot for. If we have to take a small step back, so be it.

How is a .500 team with a top 10 scoring offense a garbage sandwich?? The 0-16 Lions were a garbage sandwich. The 2-14 chiefs were a garbage sandwich.

See above

Who cares if we make the playoffs if we get bumped or before we win the super bowl?

This team may have been close to sneaking into the playoffs. Maybe. Even that is generous.

This team was light years from winning the Super Bowl. That's the goal and that's what we need to shoot for. If we have to take a small step back, so be it.

Yup

See above

Fair enough. We'll see. Still not sure how getting rid of talented 23/24yr olds puts us any closer to winning a Super Bowl.

So what you're saying is if McBeane can retain and groom 3 players from rounds 1-3 over the next three years you'll consider it a success?? I'm good with that.

Again......someone making no sense.

McDermott got rid of Watkins, Kujo, Darby and Ragnuts........and appears to want to dump Miller too.

And Shaq and Preston Brown still have starting jobs.

An educated guess is that they would ALL be here still with most coaches so let's not act like they played themselves off the roster just to prop up the new HC.

Fair enough. We'll see. Still not sure how getting rid of talented 23/24yr olds puts us any closer to winning a Super Bowl.

Well, I don't really know the answer to that. You're assuming a lot.

I think these were defendable calculated risks.

Sammy has been hurt a lot and probably too expensive to sign next year given the risk.

Darby was good in year one and gross in year 2.

Ragland was a really bad fit coming off a season ending injury.

We got three quality picks in return not including the picks from Gillislee and Mahomes.

They are clearly valuing finding good fits and a QB (next year).

I don't know if it'll work, but I understand what they are trying to do.

See above

None of the best, most consistently SB competitive organizations in football today got there by bottoming out..................so........let's bottom out? :lol:

I get that you are at the end of your rope but tanking is WAY less effective than building on mediocrity.

See above

So a team can't reach the milestone of making the playoffs and building on that before winning the Super Bowl? I'm not sure how many teams have won the SB coming off a decade plus playoff drought. The two goals are not mutually exclusive , nor is a winning season infuriating. Anyway my point was a response to a post that said " most " teams don't find a franchise QB. I merely pointed out that it didn't stop every other team in the league from qualifying for the playoffs during this span of time.