This is how epically bad we are.

I don't understand the optimism for this great new plan and foundation that's going to result in a winning franchise in 2-3 years. What has this current FO and coaching staff done to warrant such unabashed optimism and confidence? Other than dump half the players on the team and roll out of the gate wth pretty abyssal performances in 3 consecutive preseason games, where's this confidence that all is right in the world coming from?

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand the optimism for this great new plan and foundation that's going to result in a winning franchise in 2-3 years. What has this current FO and coaching staff done to warrant such unabashed optimism and confidence? Other than dump half the players on the team and roll out of the gate wth pretty abyssal performances in 3 consecutive preseason games, where's this confidence that all is right in the world coming from?

Yup.

Not really. Like i said before above: when we hired the new GM and manager we obviously didnt do a good job of matching the personnel talent to the coach/GM. One thing is to cut aging veterans and purge the roster from the top down but to trade away the young pieces? We are setting ourselves back. I hope im wrong.

Ahhhh, that's where you're wrong. Now I see. You're putting the horse before three carriage or somethibg like that.

If I bring a HC/GM in, I want THEIR vision and not the other way around.

Edited by r00tabaga

11 games out of 48. 23%.

I really find it hard to believe that Ducasse is beating out Miller by any legit metric. I think Ducasse has nasty pictures of Castillo or something.

Please, when coaching that "blind monkey", please train it to throw darts that will take into account 3 coaching changes in <5 years

But we still have Kyle Williams from the Jauron era leading our defense. (5th round pick in 2006) Maybe Marv as a GM wasn't that bad? LOL

That's what they want you to think.

It's not nearly as much of a mess as they seem to think. They are ridding YOUNG talented players just because the previous regime drafted them.

Asinine in my opinion.

It is entirely possible that the 2017 football year will end up being the most successful year in the Beane/McDermott era - even if the Bills only win 5 games.

Let's not forget our 2013 first round pick. Those 4 drafts should have produced the cornerstones of the current team . They produced zero. This is a tear down / rebuild regardless of what the FO would like us to believe

Or what half the regulars on here want to admit😉

Edited by Buffalo Boy

Let's not forget our 2013 first round pick. Those 4 drafts should have produced the cornerstones of the current team . They produced zero. This is a tear down / rebuild regardless of what the FO would like us to believe

I would also add the EJ fiasco, that guy should never have been drafted in the first round.

Incredibly stupid pick.

I find this take interesting. Nix and Whaley were poor Gms and bad at evaluating talent. But somehow McBeane, with no track record is doing the right thing AND is going to evaluate talent correctly and draft the right guys.

Let me ask this, what if they are worse than Whaley/Nix?

That outcome is as possible as them being better.

Its comes down to this unshakeable optimism that things cannot possibly get worse which is especially confusing since these past three years are the high water mark in the new millennium. Not only can things get worse but they have been worse for much of the last 20 years.

Its the same story every time a new coach/GM comes in.

Why are you the only one who gets this? There are other posters too but are we supposed to keep the old stuff just to justify the picks? I think it's bold to clean house & on board with the overhaul.

It's not only on this board, seen it on Twitter and other social media platforms. People do not grasp that this is a house cleaning and is more of an indictment of Whaley, Rex and other regimes prior to this one.

Its comes down to this unshakeable optimism that things cannot possibly get worse which is especially confusing since these past three years are the high water mark in the new millennium. Not only can things get worse but they have been worse for much of the last 20 years.

Its the same story every time a new coach/GM comes in.

That is really the head scratcher. The Whaley era is the high point for this drought. Why is it assumed what these guys are doing is going to make things better and that it can't get worse? It's been worse!

Why isn't it possible that the Pegulas just hired Gus Bradley? Why do they deserve the benefit of the doubt?

We are seeing the results of cleaning up a previous regimes mess.

Incorrect........we are seeing a new regime that's never proven they can win elsewhere change personnel.

That is all.

Fans should know better than calling it "cleaning up a previous regimes mess" by now.

No Bills HC has ever won a SB in that position before or after coming to Buffalo so let's not get carried away with the idea that THIS new guy is some kinda' lock and won't depart leaving "a mess" of his own.

It's not like the players the Bills move after every regime change don't go on to success elsewhere........Ted Washington was too fat to play for Greggo but he anchored a Bears team that earned homefield in the NFC the following year AND was a force on a SB winning NE defense.......Antowain Smith collected one there too.......Marshawn Lynch had to go per Chan but he became the identity of a dominant, near-dynastic Seattle team. The changes when Jauron took over have been well documented........ended up spending the next 4 years drafting the same type of players and the same positions they let go. :lol::doh:

Comes down to a couple new guys in charge that think they know better than what the past has told them.

Time will tell but until improved results are provided it's just risk taking.......and if it doesn't work McDermott will be out on hisass in a couple years just as it should be........this ain't a 4-5 year re-build league anymore.

McDermott and Beane are no different than all the other twits that came before them or will come after them.

Anyone that swallows their kool-aid will be swallowing their own vomit for years to come.

This team is falling apart faster at this stage of the preseason than any of the previous 16.

• Boldin tells Beane that Watkins isn't a team guy
  • Beane trades Watkins
  • Boldin quits
  • Belicheck pays Boldin off.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

The Bills have made made a tradition out of squandering their top draft picks for decades.

You make it sound like this is something new!

:lol:

Incorrect........we are seeing a new regime that's never proven they can win elsewhere change personnel.

That is all.

Fans should know better than calling it "cleaning up a previous regimes mess" by now.

No Bills HC has ever won a SB in that position before or after coming to Buffalo so let's not get carried away with the idea that THIS new guy is some kinda' lock and won't depart leaving "a mess" of his own.

It's not like the players the Bills move after every regime change don't go on to success elsewhere........Ted Washington was too fat to play for Greggo but he anchored a Bears team that earned homefield in the NFC the following year AND was a force on a SB winning NE defense.......Antowain Smith collected one there too.......Marshawn Lynch had to go per Chan but he became the identity of a dominant, near-dynastic Seattle team. The changes when Jauron took over have been well documented........ended up spending the next 4 years drafting the same type of players and the same positions they let go. :lol::doh:

Comes down to a couple new guys in charge that think they know better than what the past has told them.

Time will tell but until improved results are provided it's just risk taking.......and if it doesn't work McDermott will be out on hisass in a couple years just as it should be........this ain't a 4-5 year re-build league anymore.

You summed it up BADOL ... Trusting the process is a whole lot of blind faith... in zero track record. Whose to say that all of these young players are a " mess"? And you're right about the 4-5 year rebuild. With this purge of spent draft capital ( that likely contained some useful talent) McBeane team are betting on themselves ... Big.... Thinking they could produce a major winner in 3 years is now looking like they would have to reproduce some of the best drafting stretches in NFL history... '90s Cowboys, late '80s- early '90s Bills , current Seahawks etc. I don't like those odds

Hello!

@IanKenyonNFL

What the bills are doing would make a lot more sense if they were trading aging vets instead of good 22-23 year old players

....not sure I understand the reasoning of getting rid of the "other regime's players" as a top priority and for the SOLE sake of regime change irrespective of talent out the door.....at the same time, Pegula opened up the checkbook WIDE for Beane to hire a BIG list of former NFL VP's and Player Personnel Directors who I would assume have a wealth of research info on these players.....maybe a dangerous assumption though.....and I'm sure the pundits will say they all came to Buffalo for jobs because none of the other 31 would hire them (COUGH)....sure as hell is getting interesting....

I've said it before and will say it again. assuming the Bills draft a QB early in the 1st rd next year this GM/HC will get another 3 years to develop their QB... Peterman looks like he at least may be a capable backup at the position... We are watching the beginning of a classic rebuild here whether the FO wants to admit it or not... No pain - No gain....