This is how epically bad we are.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We need a proven 3rd stringer. Can't afford to waste a roster spot on someone who may pan out where there are proven players available who already haven't panned out.

Is this sarcasm? A proven 3rd stringer sounds like an oxymoron.

You had me until you said John Miller is barely a starter.

Go back and watch him second half of last year. You'll be eating those words.

Miller was solid last year. And now hes rotating with Ducasse who is garbage. What does that say?

You had me until you said John Miller is barely a starter.

Go back and watch him second half of last year. You'll be eating those words.

Miller was solid last year. And now hes rotating with Ducasse who is garbage. What does that say?

Another thing: what does a 2019 4th round pick do for us exactly. Fine, lets say Ragland still was not recovered from his injury. He doesnt have to start day 1. If anything he would be depth at an already weak position. The guy was the starting ILB for an elite Alabama defense. We cant use that talent at any point in the next 2yrs? His salary cap hit was minor.

Well.......you wouldn't want to waste a roster spot on this stellar 53 right? :flirt:

Michael Ola might make this team.......the last 5-7 spots are going to be guys that couldn't sniff a spot on this opening day roster in the past 4 seasons.

Hello!

@IanKenyonNFL

What the bills are doing would make a lot more sense if they were trading aging vets instead of good 22-23 year old players

Hire your GM after the draft........decide to be less competitive AFTER the offseason........trade anyone NOW who might be in their prime two years from now........cutting edge stuff.

Who'd have thought two "meh" candidates could be such mavericks! :thumbsup:

All the posters complaining about trading good young players (Watkins, Darby) are assuming those guys would be here for years to come. Watkins is going to get huge money from somewhere after this season, and at that point the Bills still won't have their QB to make staying look attractive. Darby saw Gilmore cash in, and he was ready to bail immediately. We wouldn't have had either of those guys next year, face it. And McBeane doesn't expect to win this year. So, do the math. Get what you can.

For those listing all the draft picks left from 2013-16 (not many), yes, that's really bad. But at least we traded Alonso, a good player, for Shady, a great player. But even with that, those drafts are the reason we're not going anywhere this year.

Yeah bottoming out usually just leads to a tougher environment to build a team in and subsequently more bottoming out.

Bills fans haven't endured 5 or 6 years of 2-5 win teams........it can definitely get worse.

What McDermott has done since his arrival doesn't add up...........keep tons of veterans and trade away young talent.

#Leadership....and Marcel would be out the door if it wasn't for that !@#$ed up contract. Wood, Lorax, Kyle and Hyde are the type of players McBeane are looking for.

Darby (wasn't buying into zone scheme)

Watkins (wouldn't sign here without big (inflated) dollars

Ragland (hard worker but bad fit)

Gilmore - arm tackle expert

We obtained draft capital instead of letting guys go for nothing (except for Gilmore...buh bye)

These guys get it.

All the posters complaining about trading good young players (Watkins, Darby) are assuming those guys would be here for years to come. Watkins is going to get huge money from somewhere after this season, and at that point the Bills still won't have their QB to make staying look attractive. Darby saw Gilmore cash in, and he was ready to bail immediately. We wouldn't have had either of those guys next year, face it. And McBeane doesn't expect to win this year. So, do the math. Get what you can.

For those listing all the draft picks left from 2013-16 (not many), yes, that's really bad. But at least we traded Alonso, a good player, for Shady, a great player. But even with that, those drafts are the reason we're not going anywhere this year.

How does that make sense with the plan to acquire a franchise QB in the '18 draft? Darby was ready to bail? Where is that coming from? Yet 31 year old Eric Wood gets an extension.

Whose assuming that?

If you aren't worried about Zay Jones second contract NOW you are whistling past the graveyard IMO!

Get something drafty while you can.......and preferably an expiring contract of a lesser player so we can pull a sign and trade with someone in our weight class like the Sacraficial Kings or Minnetonka Timberwolfs.

I just skimmed this since it was immediately obvious the entire premise was flawed. How bad we "are" refers to the present tense. Things that happened years before the current regime took control are in the past and not in their control. All they can do is work with what they have today - the present.

I liked some of the old decisions and hated others. Regardless, they are no reflection on the current front office.

Oh, and I just shake my head every time someone brings up the tired old 17 year drought thing. I know what's happened, but it's weak to blame current owners and staff for things that happened so long ago they were not a part of. I get being frustrated, but........ :(

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

Thanks Whaley.

I just skimmed this since it was immediately obvious the entire premise was flawed. How bad we "are" refers to the present tense. Things that happened years before the current regime took control are in the past and not in their control. All they can do is work with what they have today - the present.

I liked some of the old decisions and hated others. Regardless, they are no reflection on the current front office.

Oh, and I just shake my head every time someone brings up the tired old 17 year drought thing. I know what's happened, but it's weak to blame current owners and staff for things that happened so long ago they were not a part of. I get being frustrated, but........ :(

So whats happening now isnt present tense?

I'll take unproven commodities using a fresh approach over known 'qualities' and the same old overlapping rosters and philosophies.

Sure, these guys could flame out spectacularly, but at the very least they're doing it on their terms, in their vision, rather than hammering the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not "falling for" anything out of OBD. I'm intrigued by the new approach, and I don't expect results overnight.