This is how epically bad we are.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take unproven commodities using a fresh approach over known 'qualities' and the same old overlapping rosters and philosophies.

Sure, these guys could flame out spectacularly, but at the very least they're doing it on their terms, in their vision, rather than hammering the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not "falling for" anything out of OBD. I'm intrigued by the new approach, and I don't expect results overnight.

That is about as a well-reasoned post as I've read today.

16-32 under Nix

30-34 under Whaley

One was terrible the other was meh.

So whats happening now isnt present tense?

It's not the draft from 2015-2015, THAT I know. I'm not all against what we've seen from the current FO. In fact, there's a lot I like. I won't condemn them until I see how it turns out. And I won't try to hang what their predecessors did on them to make my point.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

I stopped right about here.

We'll see soon enough whether they know how to build a team. Here's to hoping that they do.

Exactly, I'm not claiming they are doing everything right, I'm just not willing to break out the pitchforks after 3 preseason games. Maybe after 3 full seasons, but it's waaaay too soon right now.

One had the distinct advantage of being able to pick his head coach. Too bad he could barely give the job away and he settle for Chan Gailey.

I've spoken about this before, part of the job in just about anything you do is selling your vision. Clearly he wasn't able to do that with the Pegula's. You can fault the Pegula's for potentially making the wrong decision but they never trusted Whaley enough to go all-in with him.

Also, Whaley no denying had an eye for talent, specially on the waiver wires but he really didn't know how to value that talent.

1. We gave up a 2015 1st round pick and 2015 4th round pick to move up and get Watkins. He is gone 3yrs later and missed like 30% of his games.

2. Cyrus was our 2nd round pick in 2014. He is an abomination.

3. Our first pick in 2015 was 2nd round pick Darby. He is gone 2 years later.

4. Our 2nd pick in 2015, 3rd rounder John Miller, is barely a starter and may get beat out by Ducasse, who is horrible.

5. Our 3rd pick in 2015, 5th rounder Karlos Williams isn't even in the NFL anymore.

So to recap: We missed on our 2014 1st round pick; we gave up our 2015 1st round pick; we missed on our 2014 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 2nd round pick; we missed on our 2015 3rd round pick.

The 2014-2015 draft classes have set this team back at least 5 years. A blind monkey could have thrown darts at the draft board and had more success.

16-32 under Nix

30-34 under Whaley

Wait is this thread on records of win loss or on people that are no longer on the team starting in 2015. Im confised because the op had a list of players that were drafted post nix.

Might want to revist the quoted post for reference.

Oh thanks Doug Whaley.

I'll take unproven commodities using a fresh approach over known 'qualities' and the same old overlapping rosters and philosophies.

Sure, these guys could flame out spectacularly, but at the very least they're doing it on their terms, in their vision, rather than hammering the square peg into the round hole.

I'm not "falling for" anything out of OBD. I'm intrigued by the new approach, and I don't expect results overnight.

You do realize that you make no sense whatsoever with that post?........too many roster and philosophy changes has been a critical regime change issue for the franchise as has been "overdoing it my way" aka "on their terms".

But I supposed hiring his un-employable brother and 50 other crony assistant coaches wasn't Rex doing it his way.

Gone from one over-empowered HC to another.......McDermott will be crucified by Bills fans if he can't make salad out of the sh*t he's creating.......but ultimately it comes down to ownership being down with it.

I've spoken about this before, part of the job in just about anything you do is selling your vision. Clearly he wasn't able to do that with the Pegula's. You can fault the Pegula's for potentially making the wrong decision but they never trusted Whaley enough to go all-in with him.

Also, Whaley no denying had an eye for talent, specially on the waiver wires but he really didn't know how to value that talent.

Once it was Russ with Maroon. The second time around it was the Pegulas with Rex. Let's just hope the Pegulas have chosen correctly this time around because their choice of Rex failed miserably as we already know.

I don't understand the optimism for this great new plan and foundation that's going to result in a winning franchise in 2-3 years. What has this current FO and coaching staff done to warrant such unabashed optimism and confidence? Other than dump half the players on the team and roll out of the gate wth pretty abyssal performances in 3 consecutive preseason games, where's this confidence that all is right in the world coming from?

Yup.

Yeeap.

Wait is this thread on records of win loss or on people that are no longer on the team starting in 2015. Im confised because the op had a list of players that were drafted post nix.

Might want to revist the quoted post for reference.

Oh thanks Doug Whaley.

Is the OP the only post in the Thread? Nope! Now Bill with it!

Some of you guys need to relax. Why don't you wait and see what happens. We were never going to be good this season anyhow. Trading Watkins doesn't change that. Ragland was getting cut because he sucks. They got something for him.

Why don't you guys give it a couple years and see how they do. Pull out the pitchforks after results not before.

Edited by Scott7975

It is a mess and it seems more and more that Beane and McDermott are determined to get rid of anyone they didn't bring in. I still can't understand how Watkins and Darby specifically wouldn't be helpful long-term.

And they publicly state this is not the case. Seeing is believing.