So Boldin retired?

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually kind of made me wonder if it has anything to do with McDermott's speech to the team today - about how he would support them protesting but to make sure that you were doing it for the right reasons and not to just let it be some hollow act on the field, to get out there in your local community and truly help make those changes you want to see a reality.

It could just be a total coincidence that he retires for this reason the same day McDermott talked with the team about it. Reading this statement just made me wonder if the two were possibly connected in any way is all.

Maybe that and him thinking WTF am I doing here with a team that's half-assed trying to win. I have better things to do with my time. "Honey, I'm coming home".

Yeah he is 3rd on depth chart because he is a slot reciever... but just because you are a slot reciever and 3rd on depth chart doesnt mean you are not the primary reciever. Jarvis Landry is #3 slot reciever but he is actually their #1. Julian Endelman is same way for Patriots. Matthews was probably their #2 overall reciever behind Alshon but was #1 bedorw his arrival

Okay, same article . . . Sure looks like he went from 1 to 3 to me

ACTUAL 2016 EAGLES WIDE RECEIVER DEPTH CHART

1 - Jordan Matthews

2 - Nelson Agholor

3 - Dorial Green-Beckham

4 - Bryce Treggs

5 - Paul Turner

And if we're talking talent and potential vs. just production - the next best player was Dareus, not SW.

You're right. So shady, actually the best, MD the potential to be the best and Sammy was the best at people thinking he was the best. That's his baileywick. I'm sure he live up to the hype surrounding him.... with goff

Now boldin... what is he the best at?

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

Good.

95% of his value was to help get Sammy to his potential.

Zay Jones doesn't need that mentoring......he grew up in an NFL family.

seriously - did Zay looked like he needed AB's help Thursday?

where on the depth chart honestly, would AB be? 4?

I'm getting it for free and I'm trying to find a way out. Not really- I'm a glutton for punishment and will watch every bills game

Is it possible for me to cancel my NFL game pass? I'm serious. I dont want to pay for it anymore. This news just gets worse and worse

I agree for the most part.

They were/are going to suck with or without Boldin.

Zay and Matthews are fine. I think they should have kept Watkins though. Streeter could be fine as a 3. Some of the other guys Shorts, Reilly, have been showing some signs. This staff doesn't value WR as highly as some. Carolina pedigree and they don't!

Edited by horned dogs

Still doesn't change the fact that they signed Boldin though. That was a move to help them win this season. Beane had no clue Boldin was going to retire when he made that statement.

Doesn't the GM or HC put FA's through a workout before they sign them? Almost all of the fans on here said he looked ridiculously slow, how could your GM or HC not see this as well. It's becoming scary to be a fan of this team.

@byjerrysullivan

Earlier today, I mentioned Boldin's recent work to help effect change in the criminal justice system:

https://t.co/7VdmGrpayn?amp=1

Boldin organized two visits to Congress by NFL players this past year. His cousin was killed by a Florida police officer in a 2015 incident

Boldin testified about his cousin's death to a Congressional forum and later met with two senators who sponsored a bill for police reform.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Matthews' arrival meant he was gonna be an afterthought in the offense. He's strictly a slot receiver at this point too, so it's not a big deal.

Won't stop the media from laughing though. It's not Beane's or McDermott's fault.

ANYTHING is fine at this point.

Watkins was their most valuable asset......the next most valuable assets are Tre White and Zay Jones........and that's just because they are new and under team control for a few years.

They might still bring picks that project to be less than a full round after they were just drafted in return.

Tyrod and Shady probably 3rd round values but hard to trade because of $..........Shaq probably worth a 4th.