Rams' fan reaction to Sammy trade

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Fans here are conditioned to hate talented players and excuse the front office for incompetence when it comes to their contract status. Then theyll complain that they didn't pay the backup RB.

Thats right. its like 1984

The one dude has a point about WRs dying in Buffalo. Look at Sammy's career between Marrone playing him in preseason with cracked ribs to Rex bringing him back too soon from foot surgery. We mismanaged a great talent

ugh....makes the Boldin signing look...ughh..not good..

So hilarious if it wasn't so sad. Fans here are conditioned to hate talented players and excuse the front office for incompetence when it comes to their contract status. Then theyll complain that they didn't pay the backup RB.

So true. Examples: Happy Sammy is gone, but love Taylor. Lol

Happy Stevie was gone but loved Losman. Lol

Happy Schobel was gone but showed Kelsay more love. Lol.

Barely appreciated Lee Evans. Loved the idea of Rex being hired amd some felt it was to soon when he was fired. Loved when the Bills got rid of Marshawn. Gotta love this fan base and their love for losing.

Edited by Cherrybone

The Rams have enough fans for a message board? I figured they could get by with a group text.

They got more than three boards. After three I stopped looking.

Their reactions are all similar. there's a 5% of fans who are having their panties in a knot over the 2nd round pick. 95%+ are pretty much like the above.

Go watch LA then. Go away. You have no dignity coming to a Bills site and trolling their fans. Their are many other fans of teams here. Icebowl67, the Boston Pats dude, the NH #1 Pats Fan, Jimmy Spags, etc. They are treated with respect cuz they also HAVE respect.

Learn it or bounce.

I am a fan and I can be critical of the players, coaches, team front office and general manager. WHO SAID YOU GOTTA LIKE EVERY CHOICE EVERY MOVE THEY MAKE. ITS MY CHOICE. DEAL WITH IT.

They sound like Raven fans after the Bills traded them McGahee.

Seemed to help the Ravens a bit making the playoffs 3 out of 4 years he was there. I'd be friggin pumped as hell too if the Bills picked up Watkins for a 2nd rd pick.

One of the Rams biggest problems was having zero WR help for young QB play and Rex Ryan Jr. as HC(Fisher).

Woods and Watkins already know how to play in a BS passing game. They might just be able to turn Goff into something now.

Edited by Real McCoy

Their reaction and enthusiasm has made me feel better about the trade. Sammy is going where his talents are appreciated. He's gone to a bigger and better market. Rams now potentially have their big three in Gurley, Sammy, Goff. If McVay is half the genius many proclaim, they will be a fun team to watch.

I am sure they would not mind you jumping on bandwagon.

Goff blows.

I know he's been underwhelming so far. Let's see what McVay can do. I still think they got issues with their offensive line. It's not a complete roster by any means. If that O line struggles, Goff will struggle. He doesn't seem to have that command and confidence you need in a QB. Not that it's a necessity.

Seemed to help the Ravens a bit making the playoffs 3 out of 4 years he was there.

Yeah, as a back up. Not the "stud" RB they were crowing about. So Sammy is going to be the #2 WR behind Woods?

I'd be friggin pumped as hell too if the Bills picked up Watkins for a 2nd rd pick.

One of the Rams biggest problems was having zero WR help for young QB play and Rex Ryan Jr. as HC(Fisher).

Woods and Watkins already know how to play in a BS passing game. They might just be able to turn Goff into something now.

Woods and Watkins could not elevate TT's play, what makes you think they will suddenly elevate Goff's play?

Edited by Cynical

come back to us at the end of 2017 when Sammy has played 4 games and is now hitting free agency.

Posts like this make me wonder if some fans recognize any semblance of reality.

In his most injury-plagued season, he started 8 games.

Prior to 2016, he'd started 29/32 NFL games.

They're laughing at us.

When he asks for 90m+ for 6 yrs after playing in 10 or 12 games and making 40 or 50 catches we can laugh ;)

Yeah, as a back up. Not the "stud" RB they were crowing about. So Sammy is going to be the #2 WR behind Woods?

Woods and Watkins could not elevate TT's play, what makes you think they will suddenly elevate Goff's play?

Yeah Woods looked like he was earning his 8m per last night.

First 2 targets equal a drop and a fumble although the fumble got a Rams roll and Cooper Jockstrap recovered it for a look what I found TD.

Edited by JMF2006

They got more than three boards. After three I stopped looking.

Their reactions are all similar. there's a 5% of fans who are having their panties in a knot over the 2nd round pick. 95%+ are pretty much like the above.

I am a fan and I can be critical of the players, coaches, team front office and general manager. WHO SAID YOU GOTTA LIKE EVERY CHOICE EVERY MOVE THEY MAKE. ITS MY CHOICE. DEAL WITH IT.

:lol:

Like I said before, none of us know what had gone on behind the scenes in regards to Sammy. Who knows what was said behind closed doors. Beane can talk "resignability" all he wants if that is his story and he is sticking to it, but the cap $ available next year is a pretty good amount. I still don't like the move.

Edited by H2o

The one dude has a point about WRs dying in Buffalo. Look at Sammy's career between Marrone playing him in preseason with cracked ribs to Rex bringing him back too soon from foot surgery. We mismanaged a great talent

Yup. I think in the discussion of Sammy we neglect what an impact not just qb play had but coaching.

Also, someone mentioned the example of what if the trade went the other way and we sent something like NRC (instead of cutting him) and a 2 for amari cooper. It'd be keys to the city.

It's not just about the games he play in or started...it's also about how often he was playing hurt. I loved Sammy as a writer for the bills, and would rather still have had him on this team, but his nagging injuries were evident in his play. I'm willing to bet he hasn't been completely healthy for 50% of his time here.

It's the beauty of Bills fans, OBD can do no wrong. Look at the folks now saying it's an even swap at CB. These are the same people who less than a year ago were using Darby to prop up Whaley and his drafting prowess. "Darby was our first round pick, that Sammy trade didn't even limit Whaley" Now that Darby is gone he is apparently the equivalent of EJ Gaines.

The level of discussion has taken a boot to the face in recent months. No one stands by their takes. Everything is roses at OBD.

When he asks for 90m+ for 6 yrs after playing in 10 or 12 games and making 40 or 50 catches we can laugh ;)

Don't hold your breath for that to happen.

Look. Is Watkins injury prone? You could probably say so. But everyone is acting like the dude is going to miss 8 games again. That is extremely unlikely. As pointed out he played 29/32 games his first two seasons. Nothing wrong with that at all. He is way more likely to play in all 16 this year then miss even 4 or 5 games.

As for what kind of production he puts up? Well that is part of the key to this trade. Would Beane ever have had the balls to trade him to a team with a legit QB? I'm thinking not. But with him going to a team with a bad QB, it almost insures that the Bills at the very least don't come out looking like they got smoked in this trade. With Goff, Watkins cieling is probably 1150 yards and 10 TDs.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

Don't hold your breath for that to happen.

Look. Is Watkins injury prone? You could probably say so. But everyone is acting like the dude is going to miss 8 games again. That is extremely unlikely. As pointed out he played 29/32 games his first two seasons. Nothing wrong with that at all. He is way more likely to play in all 16 this year then miss even 4 or 5 games.

again, it's not only the amount of games he actually plays in, but whether he's close to 100%. he played hurt a lot, and it was obvious when something was nagging him. when healthy, sammy can light it up. i hope for his future he does, because i really liked him here.

Edited by teef

It's not just about the games he play in or started...it's also about how often he was playing hurt. I loved Sammy as a writer for the bills, and would rather still have had him on this team, but his nagging injuries were evident in his play. I'm willing to bet he hasn't been completely healthy for 50% of his time here.

It's the NFL. You think other star receivers are playing 100% healthy all season? And before you say, yeah but they produce, well yeah that is because they have more competent QBs and passing attacks that give them 10+ targets a game.

He started some games while injured and just played decoy.

Even when 100% healthy he's been a decoy in our ground and pound offense. Remember the Kansas City game? That should have been a 3 TD 200+ yard game for Watkins. But he went decoy in the second half no fault to his own.

Edited by Sammy Watkins' Rib

It's the NFL. You think other star receivers are playing 100% healthy all season? And before you say, yeah but they produce, well yeah that is because they have more competent QBs and passing attacks that give them 10+ targets a game.

then why did sammy have huge games here and there? when he felt great he played great. i'm willing to be he didn't feel great 50% of the time. sure other receivers were banged up, but to use that an excuse for the lack of sammy's production when not healthy just doesn't make sense. i really did like sammy, but to ignore how his injuries effected his play is crazy.

As for what kind of production he puts up? Well that is part of the key to this trade. Would Beane ever have had the balls to trade him to a team with a legit QB? I'm thinking not. But with him going to a team with a bad QB, it almost insures that the Bills at the very least don't come out looking like they got smoked in this trade. With Goff, Watkins cieling is probably 1150 yards and 10 TDs.

They traded him to a team which they hoped would have an early pick. The other part is pure La Conjecture, 100% bull crap.

then why did sammy have huge games here and there? when he felt great he played great. i'm willing to be he didn't feel great 50% of the time. sure other receivers were banged up, but to use that an excuse for the lack of sammy's production when not healthy just doesn't make sense. i really did like sammy, but to ignore how his injuries effected his play is crazy.

Look at the number of targets and you will probably find your answer. Did he not produce because he wasn't 100% or because we only through the ball a total of 25 times and Sammy only saw 6 or 7 balls thrown his way? My guess would be on the latter over the former.

It's the beauty of Bills fans, OBD can do no wrong. Look at the folks now saying it's an even swap at CB. These are the same people who less than a year ago were using Darby to prop up Whaley and his drafting prowess. "Darby was our first round pick, that Sammy trade didn't even limit Whaley" Now that Darby is gone he is apparently the equivalent of EJ Gaines.

The level of discussion has taken a boot to the face in recent months. No one stands by their takes. Everything is roses at OBD.

Are you reading the same board I am? :huh: