official "happy that Sammys gone" thread

mrags

With all the doom and gloom. With all the OMG it's a full tank. With all the people in this place that want to jump off a bridge. This is the place for everyone that is happy that Sammy is gone.

I'll be first. I don't hide it. Never have. I've hated Sammy here since he cost us 2 first rounders. Hated him even more when he called out the Buffalo Fans. Calling us "losers" and saying we have "little jobs". Hated him even more when he kept getting hurt. Not injured, Hurt and refused to play through pain.

I for one am extremely happy he's off this team. I am even more happy we got a WR that has outperformed with less support than Sammy has had. Happy we got a 2nd rounder back in the trade. Happy we ended up with a CB to replace Darby that is probably just as good and with the same upside going forward. And of course again with another pick.

This isn't a tank. If it was we would have just doubled up on draft picks instead of asking for players in the trades. This is not a tank because we still have McCoy, Taylor, Hughes, Dareus, Wood, Kyle. This is not a tank or we wouldn't have signed Boldin in the first place. Boldin and Mathews both outperformed Sammy in the last 3 seasons.

This is a thread for those that think it's hilarious that everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is a thread that enjoys the fact that we not only have players that can and will compete this season, but are finally ready to rock and roll come next years draft. Let's hope the Pegulas are paying a lot of money to scouts this season to figure out what QB we are going to draft next season of Taylor doesn't improve significantly. And chances are, they will draft one anyway.

Loved him, so I hate the move. Most talented Bill in a long time. Loved the little jobs thing, and how butt hurt so many " tough guys" were by that comment. Hilarious, all running for " safe space" crying in their beer. Not in meltdown mode at al as I love this team more than any player. But make no mistake, this is a tank. If the Bills get a franchise QB out of this somehow, they will be ok. But SW was too good for the loser fans that will post negative things about him in this thread. Yep, any fan of a team that thinks it's ok to post derisive comments on a player's personal Instagram / social media is a complete and utter loser in life. SW was justified in his respons to those imbeciles.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved him, so I hate the move. Most talented Bill in a long time. Loved the little jobs thing, and how butt hurt so many " tough guys" were by that comment. Hilarious, all running for " safe space" crying in their beer. Not in meltdown mode at al as I love this team more than any player. But make no mistake, this is a tank. If the Bills get a franchise QB out of this somehow, they will be ok. But SW was too good for the loser fans that will post negative things about him in this thread. Yep, any fan of a team that thinks it's ok to post derisive comments on a player's personal Instagram / social media is a complete and utter loser in life. SW was justified in his respons to those imbeciles.

I can agree with that. The people who were upset about the little jobs thing were likely the same type people who would take pot shots at him on social media and then cry when he fires back.

We'll see how happy you are when team's squeeze the short part of the field since there is nobody that can draw coverage away.

This offense will struggle this season...pass and run will be worse.

When was he ever there to fill that role ummmmmm NEVER!!!!

yeah. Cuz a guy that has more yards. Receptions and TDs than your beloved Sammy is bad

You could have just stopped with your initial argument. You didn't make terrible points, but nobody in their right mind agrees with this.

Matthews is slow, drops a ton of balls, and was arguably in danger of being cut this year. Somebody had to catch the balls that he did. It doesn't make him elite in the same way that Stevie Johnson and Kenny Britt aren't elite. They've all been serviceable receivers on offenses that don't have elite receivers.

Overall I'm not convinced that this is a tank and don't hate the trades since I was skeptical of Sammy sticking around after this year anyway, but he is light years beyond Matthews in terms of real talent.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

Couldn't disagree with the op more. Yes Sammy got injured but when he was healthy he was the most dynamic wr we've had since Eric Moulds. And if you're going to start jettisoning top players get rid of Dareus next. I get it that McD wants his own guys but what if Tyrod and Sammy blew up this year. Only Darnold is worth a "tank" season and what if Darnold decides to stay in school with the Jets or Bills looking? A lot of questions to be answered?

I'm not happy that he is gone per-se, I just wish they never traded up in the draft for him, in one of the best WR drafts in recent history...

Having to get max value for him is not a win, it shows how inept this franchise really is was

Having said all that, Sammy IMO was a bust. If you can't stay on the field, you are useless.

wishful thinking perhaps for me but...

Couldn't disagree with the op more. Yes Sammy got injured but when he was healthy he was the most dynamic wr we've had since Eric Moulds. And if you're going to start jettisoning top players get rid of Dareus next. I get it that McD wants his own guys but what if Tyrod and Sammy blew up this year. Only Darnold is worth a "tank" season and what if Darnold decides to stay in school with the Jets or Bills looking? A lot of questions to be answered?

if you had not noticed Bills cannot afford to trade Dareus yet, nor Clay.

I think it was a good trade. I'll think it's an awesome trade when Sammy goes on the PUP or IR for the Rams. Glad we have the extra draft pics to load up next year.

I like the loaded for bear picks next season for sure

SW always was hurting taking away from his game ability. Another teasing season happens in 2017 what do you do for a contract in 2018? Sign him to top money and sit out hurt? Get something for him now AND a player in 2018 too

Good trade

Now the Rams have Woods and Sammy. Did they watch the Bills passing game? LOL

Watkins did more with a lot less targets.

Oh hey guys, about Watkins not signing, how about Matthews not signing?

So, they cancel each other out. The draft picks will be signing. If Sammy and Jordan have statistical years that are in line with their history, we win on the trade based on the draft picks. If Sammy finally breaks out and reaches his potential, it will suck. I doubt he does that with Goff as his QB.

Happy we got rid of a good WR? Awesome. Really building the team there.

This is absolutely an exercise in team building. Sammy never embraced the team and we have replaced him with a new prospect, two productive NFL receivers, one of whom is a tremendous leader. And we have a high pick next year to boot.

This is absolutely an exercise in team building. Sammy never embraced the team and we have replaced him with a new prospect, two productive NFL receivers, one of whom is a tremendous leader. And we have a high pick next year to boot.

He never embraced the team because we never had the passing game to suit his skill set and because he had an unfortunate injury. That's not on him. When we actually have a passing game, which is what most of the people in this thread are hoping will come of all these draft picks, then we will be wishing we had a Watkins type receiver.

I thought he always had a bad attitude and didn't want to be here. Check out his twitter "everything happens for a reason, thanks for the memories". No appreciation shown for Buffalo or its fans. See ya later Sammy.

He never embraced the team because we never had the passing game to suit his skill set and because he had an unfortunate injury. That's not on him. When we actually have a passing game, which is what most of the people in this thread are hoping will come of all these draft picks, then we will be wishing we had a Watkins type receiver.

How will he embrace the Rams? It's not like they have a passing game either. Goff is a bust in waiting imo. I'm sure he'll enjoy the LA lifestyle though. More people who don't have "little jobs". Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I thought he always had a bad attitude and didn't want to be here. Check out his twitter "everything happens for a reason, thanks for the memories". No appreciation shown for Buffalo or its fans. See ya later Sammy.

How will he embrace the Rams? It's not like they have a passing game either. Goff is a bust in waiting imo. I'm sure he'll enjoy the LA lifestyle though. More people who don't have "little jobs".

The same Bills fans that ridicule him nonstop on social media every time he posts something?

Edited by What a Tuel

The same Bills fan that ridiculed him nonstop on social media every time he posts something?

How about all the fans who worshipped him? You act like every Bills fan attacked him on twitter. He won't have to worry about fans criticizing him LA. No one in that city will care. How could he play in Philly or NY if he can't handle criticism? PS that's the kind of stuff that happens on the internet. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

How about all the fans who worshipped him? You act like every Bills fan attacked him on twitter. He won't have to worry about fans criticizing him LA. No one in that city will care. How could he play in Philly or NY if he can't handle criticism?

Not every fan attacked him but it was pretty cringy every time he posted something. Can't feel good when you have an injury that you can't help.

Also he handled it pretty well and fired back with little jobs. I am not saying he can't handle it, I am saying why would he throw out appreciation quotes?

Edited by What a Tuel

I thought he always had a bad attitude and didn't want to be here. Check out his twitter "everything happens for a reason, thanks for the memories". No appreciation shown for Buffalo or its fans. See ya later Sammy. How will he embrace the Rams? It's not like they have a passing game either. Goff is a bust in waiting imo. I'm sure he'll enjoy the LA lifestyle though. More people who don't have "little jobs".

Isn't thanks for the memories a thank you to the fans? Many fans on his social media were douchebags. Never heard a bad attitude out of Sammy. Always praised his teammates and took blame when things weren't going well. So butt hurt over a comment to a few losers harassing the guy. I'll never understand such softness by Bills fans.

Not every fan attacked him but it was pretty cringy every time he posted something. Can't feel good when you have an injury that you can't help.

That happens to every NFL player. He needs to realize that. Especially a name as big as him. What about all the people walking around Buffalo with Watkins jerseys? Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

I'm not happy Sammy's gone...always loved him and I do not view him as damaged goods. most of his lost games are due to one injury which, while serious, can be overcome permanently and (i predict) likely will be.

what's more, Tyrod's inability to hit guys in stride certainly contributes to everyone's injury risk.

Then again...

http://www.buffalobills.com/video/videos/Russ-Brandon-Doug-Whaley-on-NFL-Draft-Round-1/786aa0a6-f3a2-448c-a874-cd930f457999

Edited by jester43

Ironic you say that Sammy is justified in degrading ither humans but fans arent allowed to be critical of Sammy. Yikes.

This is the pretend Jordan Matthews is good thread. Lololol.

I thiught it was the oretend Sammy Watkins was never injured and never didnt play through pain thread.

My hope is that they tried to sign him to an extension and he said no or put out a number that was ridiculous.

After that they made the right move.

Sammy was a top four player on this roster but it was unlikely he would have been here after this year.

In the end he will get paid, most of the posters on this board will have little jobs, and if Beane trades away those picks to move up in the draft the board will scream even louder - me the loudest!

With all the doom and gloom. With all the OMG it's a full tank. With all the people in this place that want to jump off a bridge. This is the place for everyone that is happy that Sammy is gone.

I'll be first. I don't hide it. Never have. I've hated Sammy here since he cost us 2 first rounders. Hated him even more when he called out the Buffalo Fans. Calling us "losers" and saying we have "little jobs". Hated him even more when he kept getting hurt. Not injured, Hurt and refused to play through pain.

I for one am extremely happy he's off this team. I am even more happy we got a WR that has outperformed with less support than Sammy has had. Happy we got a 2nd rounder back in the trade. Happy we ended up with a CB to replace Darby that is probably just as good and with the same upside going forward. And of course again with another pick.

This isn't a tank. If it was we would have just doubled up on draft picks instead of asking for players in the trades. This is not a tank because we still have McCoy, Taylor, Hughes, Dareus, Wood, Kyle. This is not a tank or we wouldn't have signed Boldin in the first place. Boldin and Mathews both outperformed Sammy in the last 3 seasons.

This is a thread for those that think it's hilarious that everyone is in full meltdown mode. This is a thread that enjoys the fact that we not only have players that can and will compete this season, but are finally ready to rock and roll come next years draft. Let's hope the Pegulas are paying a lot of money to scouts this season to figure out what QB we are going to draft next season of Taylor doesn't improve significantly. And chances are, they will draft one anyway.

Well said- all my thoughts exactly!

Ironic you say that Sammy is justified in degrading ither humans but fans arent allowed to be critical of Sammy. Yikes.

I thiught it was the oretend Sammy Watkins was never injured and never didnt play through pain thread.

Ironic that you describe the classless use of social media to harass a player out with the family at a park as " being critical" of him.

I'm not really happy he's gone, but:

a) I hated the decision to waste an extra first round draft pick to get him,

b) he's Glass Joe

c) he'll want a contract based on his college production rather than his pro production,

and,

d) they got a good player and a high pick for him, so not upset about the trade either.

b) he's Glass Joe

c) he'll want a contract based on his college production rather than his pro production,

and,

d) they got a good player and a high pick for him, so not upset about the trade either.

a) trading a first is ill advised for a non QB

b) he's had a nagging injury, though not injured in college

c) and you know this how? 2nd NFL contracts are based on production ... in the NFL. Not college

d) they got a marginal to bad CB and a 2nd rounder. Not an impressive haul

Ironic that you describe the classless use of social media to harass a player out with the family at a park as " being critical" of him.

These were watkins words:

To all the people that have a problem with me being injured you guys go out there and play this sport its a 100% injury rate, Watkins wrote. Im not first or last person thats gone be injured difference from me and you guys yall mad and Im not get a life and goto work stop worrying about my job because Im good on this end and forever will be losers most of you just wish to be in this position so continue working yall little jobs for the rest of yall lives since everyone once a response here go one have a blessed day.

Every doctor on the Bills staff states he was dealing with pain and could play through it. This comment was directed at someone that had a problem with him being injured, but cleared to play. Thats being critical. Sammy was a completely immature, nonprofessional, childish behavior in his lashing out. To state other wise would be deceitful seeing hiw Sammy apologized and deleted the immature attacks. Whats Ironic is you saying sammy was innocent after sammy himself admitted guilt in the form of an apology.

b) he's Glass Joe

and,

^ indeed