Astro-Notes: 8-1-17 Fifth Practice

Astrobot

Posting 101, folks. Don't quote the entire opening post unless you're specifically highlighting and commenting on portions of it. Huge space drain, particularly for those scrolling on their handhelds.

Edited by eball

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Notorious? He has had one touchdown in the past three seasons in Carolina.

He had 13 total touchdowns in 5 years while in Carolina.

Yeah, but that one touchdown...it really killed BuffaloHokie13 that week.

I'm am still incredibly scarred from having Deangelo Williams in 2013. Tolbert snagged at least 4 TDs through the year, the most important being in week 15 against the Jets in our championship game that I lost by 2 points :cry:

I'm am still incredibly scarred from having Deangelo Williams in 2013. Tolbert snagged at least 4 TDs through the year, the most important being in week 15 against the Jets in our championship game that I lost by 2 points :cry:

I have a blind hatred for Colin Kaepernick as well.

Week 15 in 2012 season, Gore got 6 carries for 28 yards.

1st and goal from the 10, gore gets 6 yards. CK scrambles, then incomplete, then the FG is blocked.

1st and goal from the 5, non-gore run, pass, pick.

I hate you Colin... Ball-hogging jerk-store!

So who gets the second team reps vs. the Vikes? -Peterman or Yates?

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other probably.

Peterman will likely come in after Yates but get some snaps with the 2s.

Edited by The Wiz

6 of 1, half a dozen of the other probably.

Peterman will likely come in after Yates but get some snaps with the 2s.

:mellow: I'm not sure I'm happy with that... From Astros' reports, Deuce is looking sharper every day... I'd put him in directly after Tyrod... Quality reps with players who will likely make the team...

Any Astro Notes on how Tyrod is doing? To hear from Joe B and even Fairburn the sky was falling but he sounded ok in Astro's writeup

He's focused more on throwing to a spot on time than he is the result of the pass at this point. Needs to make that timing ingrained in muscle memory.

:mellow: I'm not sure I'm happy with that... From Astros' reports, Deuce is looking sharper every day... I'd put him in directly after Tyrod... Quality reps with players who will likely make the team...

Because he wears #2? And what matters more is where he is come the end of pre-season.

Good news that Zay is doing well with the bubble screens. We'll probably go mostly to Sammy on those, but itll be a big part of the offense this year.

I don't think Sammy should be used on any bubble screens. Forget what he did at Clemson when he was 19 and 20 years old, he needs to listen to what Martz told Issac Bruce and Tory Holt when they put those great seasons together: 'We need you at the end of the season and you don't get there by taking big hits. Catch the ball, run out of bounds, slide, fall down, I don't care what you do but we want you to forego the extra yard and avoid getting hit so that you can play a full season.

Sure it's not very Ditka-esque, but that needs to be his style of play. He's too critical to this offense.

Thanks!!!! Favorite part of my day reading these!!!

You mentioned TEs working seem routes. With the QBs?

Who was throwing and how was their accuracy?

On the subject of TE's...I'm encouraged to hear how they are doing as a group.

I thought that depth at this position would be a problem. Sounds like O'Leary is doing very good.

Be interesting to see who the #3 position goes too. The safe many appears to be on Logan Thomas, but it's great to hear that Jason Croom is standing out.

If Thomas is #3, I hope we put Croom on the P-Squad.

Really good to see Peterman seems to be improving. I see him as a long-term backup at worst with a decent possibility of becoming more.

I'm getting really really good feelings about Tre'Davious White and Zay Jones. If both these guys can play to their potential it will have been the best Bills draft in a long time.

Peterman is like Yates and Tyrod in that they are cool as a cucumber in the pocket. They're focused on getting the ball to someone, and not worrying about the line blocking for them. And today, there was no Eric Wood.

Is Kyle in pads? Haven't heard any mention how the old man is doing.

Methusaleh is drooling less, and down to 2 Depends a day.

I really like the fact that the adults are in charge now, illustrated by the fact that Astro mentions "never seen this in camp before" four times.

Great read, great observations. Mad props to you and your astute observation team!

And if he has never seen it what are the chances it has been done?

Peterman is like Yates and Tyrod in that they are cool as a cucumber in the pocket. They're focused on getting the ball to someone, and not worrying about the line blocking for them. And today, there was no Eric Wood.

Based on all the reports I'm reading sounds like they are trying to force Tyrod to stay in the pocket for these drills, which is fine by me. I'd rather he practice mostly in the pocket and let his mobile abilities shine on game day.

On the subject of TE's...I'm encouraged to hear how they are doing as a group.

I thought that depth at this position would be a problem. Sounds like O'Leary is doing very good.

Be interesting to see who the #3 position goes too. The safe many appears to be on Logan Thomas, but it's great to hear that Jason Croom is standing out.

If Thomas is #3, I hope we put Croom on the P-Squad.

Thomas is the #3. I think it comes down to whether to keep 4 TEs or 5 RB/FBs on the roster.

....so Dareus is back and McD is happy according to his comments.....so go with the flow......stay tuned............

“Tweaking’’ a hamstring, as coach Sean McDermott described it, on the second day of training camp wasn’t a good start for Dareus but after missing two days of practice, he was back on the field Tuesday at St. John Fisher College.

“We’ll monitor his reps as we work him back in,’’ McDermott said.

McDermott said he has been pleased with Dareus’ attitude, effort — and waistline. Dareus, who is listed at 331 pounds, arrived in Rochester looking to be in his best shape in years.

Great work Astro , you should be on staff with Buffalo News or GR55

Murph and Donald impressed with Logan Thomas is more good news.

Don't even suggest that he join the negative nancies at the News!

Good news that Zay is doing well with the bubble screens. We'll probably go mostly to Sammy on those, but itll be a big part of the offense this year.

Yes, we have had too many coaches that didn't properly use some of the talent (Spiller, Roscoe, Goodwin, etc.) in the past by getting them out in space.

Thomas is the #3. I think it comes down to whether to keep 4 TEs or 5 RB/FBs on the roster.

It seems you are hitting your stride on day five Bud!

Love the enthusiastic writeup.

I sure took note of when you add, " Never saw that in camp before" and each one of those get me pumped that Sean is on the right track.

Glad you are having fun while being our third eye, deciphering all the activities in such a coherent form.

Luv ya D !

what would you pick?

Don't even suggest that he join the negative nancies at the News!

Yes, we have had too many coaches that didn't properly use some of the talent (Spiller, Roscoe, Goodwin, etc.) in the past by getting them out in space.

I think it should be a facet of the game for multiple player sets and packages.

Its not on tape from last year so a great wrinkle to exploit i hope?!

It's been reported that Dawkins has struggled at RT, and that Mills as had his issues, as well (no surprise there), but that Dawkins has done little to surpass Mills. I'm wondering how differently these two players have performed lined up with the different QBs? I have to believe that defending TT is quite a bit different than defending Yates?

So, it sounds like you can't park right at St John Fisher, but instead, need to park at Mendon High and grab the shuttle. Is that right? Cheers,

Yeah, you can't park at SJF, but some people who live nearby will let you park on their lawns for $10-15. Or you can take a bus from Pittsford Mendon HS (or Sutherland HS, if you must) for $1.