Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....now that this is done....where dones Bolden slate in your group of wideouts

I dont think he is as good as Watkins (but I consider him when healthy to be elite)

Zay Jones is showing a lot of promise as a rookie

Holmes is having a hard time holding onto the rock

guys like shorts and streeter are showing promise

Would

Watkins

Boldin

Z. Jones

be pretty accurate?

I'd rather have Hauschka than a 4th to be honest. But I'd trade Holmes, Davis and Ducasse for a 3rd. Then just sign cuts from elsewhere to fill their spots.

I agree plus I would rather have a young wr with upside (Shorts) as the #4 or #5 then a vet that can't catch. Edited by Bronxbomber21

Apples and oranges.

Zay Jones is Woods replacement..........hopefully he proves more dynamic as a receiver than Bob Woods.........who is really just an intermediate route runner in the NFL.

Antwain Boldan is is way better than Bob Woods.

So with the signing of Boldin I see depth chart at the moment as:

Watkins

Holmes

Jones

Boldin

Streater.

If Jones, Boldin, Streater and one other player plays well in pre a season Holmes is going to have to play lights out in order to stay on team.

Not sure why they keep him on top of the depth chart with all the drops he has been having. But pre-season will be the tell-all.

So how many FA players have to be cut before the Bills get Draft picks back?

Edited by dezertbill

Agreed.

He's older, he's slower, and I couldn't careless about the mentoring...and he'd be tied for the third best receiver on this team with Holmes, behind Sammy and Zay and THAT'S what makes him valuable. One or two guys go down and we don't have to panick at the position.

Edit: if Bolding catches 36 balls for this team, without any drop off in other receiver numbers, then I am fine with it.

I could really live with Sammy at 76, Zay at 56, and Holmes and Bolding at 80 between them. Roughly 13-14 receptions per game for the receivers would be a nice change for this team.

So with the signing of Boldin I see depth chart at the moment as:

Watkins

Holmes

Jones

Boldin

Streater.

If Jones, Boldin, Streater and one other player plays well in pre a season Holmes is going to have to play lights out in order to stay on team.

Not sure why they keep him on top of the depth chart with all the drops he has been having. But pre-season will be the tell-all.

So how many FA players have to be cut before the Bills get Draft picks back?

Sorry, don't know the draft pick question.

I will say another problem with Holmes according to Sal C last week on GR is that he just cannot play the slot, which hurts Zay for playing the outside as he would have to come in and play the slot.

I stand by my earlier comments above, we are thin and another top 3 or 4 receiver was very badly needed, especially if the injury bug hits. However, that said now maybe we could see more (and preferred) sets of Zay, Sammy and Bolding on the field.

So....now that this is done....where dones Bolden slate in your group of wideouts

I dont think he is as good as Watkins (but I consider him when healthy to be elite)

Zay Jones is showing a lot of promise as a rookie

Holmes is having a hard time holding onto the rock

guys like shorts and streeter are showing promise

Would

Watkins

Boldin

Z. Jones

be pretty accurate?

I'd say he's your #1 slot guy and the first one to kick outside in the case of Watkins or Jones missing time.

X/Z: Watkins/Jones backed up by Boldin, Holmes, Streater and Tate

Slot: Boldin followed by Jones and Philly Brown.

Philly Brown may not be long for this team. I don't know if they would keep 7 WR. It sounds like Streater has had a very good camp. Holmes has been struggling with drops and I haven't heard anything, negative or positive, of Brown. One of Holmes or Brown might have to go if Tate locks down the returner job.

Watkins, Jones, Boldin are locks, Tate will be if he wins the returner job which means you can pick 2: Holmes, Streater, Brown

Good signing. No need to rush Zay Jones now. Id expect 50 catches for 500 yards and 5-7 tds.

He should be an asset in the red zone as at this point in his career he's really learned to offset his loss of speed with more effectively using his huge frame to box out defenders.

If Holmes makes the team he should also be an asset down there with his height. Could be a fun year for the offense. Let's hope the defense comes together.

The Bills most intelligent FA signing of the year. Hyde and DiMarco being the other two smartest signings. Basically the same 1 year fixed cost as Holmes, with Holmes not being a 10th of the quality WR as Boldin is. They now have 10 games to decide if Holmes is worth the comp cost.

ProFootballTalkVerified account @ProFootballTalk 10m10 minutes ago

More

The Bills think the oldest receiver in the NFL is going to help their young guys build a winning culture

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/08/08/brandon-beane-anquan-boldin-helps-us-build-a-culture-in-buffalo/

Don't give that turd Florio any clicks

Anquan in Bills gear legitimately made my heart skip a beat.

Great experience, attitude, and professionalism to go along with his production. Happy to have him in Red, White, and Blue. Go Bills!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz