Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....folks, I MOST certainly appreciate your kind words and well wishes in my prolonged troubled times...means a helluva lot........BUT....we're talking football here and not me.....my heart iies with these youngsters chasing their dream first and foremost.....love one or hate one, it's hard to root against them either way....these Cleveland kids I met were amazing.....and yes, Joe Thomas was poolside....he was my sun shade, a human eclipse.........

I hope those guys don't read their team message boards.

I think he signs elsewhere when injuries start to happen

CBF

Yup. I don't think he's coming here---Unless the FO thinks Holmes sucks and wants to up their offer. Just don't see it happening. This off-season feels like 'mostly in' and '2nd trimester'.

The off season feels like "half ass" to me.

Get used to it, this regime thinks they can get everyone on a bargain. Until they realize this is one of the worst places to play with a 17 year playoff drought, no one is coming here. Sorry, but you need to overpay to get players here.

Get used to it, this regime thinks they can get everyone on a bargain. Until they realize this is one of the worst places to play with a 17 year playoff drought, no one is coming here. Sorry, but you need to overpay to get players here.

I know right..they bid so much less than everyone else and Boldin is in such high demand..pay him whatever the fug he wants

oh my god...

Wouldn't you say the property taxes in WNY is a reason why we can't sign every single FA on the market?

without a doubt. the players are all like, buffalo seems pretty cool! then they see what they'll be paying for a home and they're like, !@#$ that noise!

Wouldn't you say the property taxes in WNY is a reason why we can't sign every single FA on the market?

....and 1/2 of their income (8 home games) is subject to NYS Income Tax (9+%) if they rent to avoid property taxes....but property taxes would be rolled into their monthly rental payment anyway......

Yes property taxes are very high, but the houses themselves are much cheaper here than in most other cities. Yes they are still buying million dollar homes, but in NYC, NJ DC area and probably around 75% or more of the NFL cites, the same house would easily cost double. In spite of the taxes, the mortgage is the bigger part of the equation.

In NJ a house that may be similar to what I own may cost a million!

without a doubt. the players are all like, buffalo seems pretty cool! then they see what they'll be paying for a home and they're like, !@#$ that noise!

I bet the housing and taxes beat the heck out of California! But without palm trees....

Housing prices yes, taxes maybe not. Taxes are usually around 1.25% to 1.5% of purchase price, and then Prop 13 locks that rate in until you die or sell the place. So taxes maybe better in California.

Housing prices yes, taxes maybe not. Taxes are usually around 1.25% to 1.5% of purchase price, and then Prop 13 locks that rate in until you die or sell the place. So taxes maybe better in California.

For what it's worth, I was including state income taxes in my thinking. A modest house in WNY would carry a hefty price tag in California, I'm sure (any place that would hold an NFL team, anyway). Property taxes would would be a minimal difference given the short career expectation.

From this morning:

@WGR550

Beane - Boldin is at a time in his life where family is most important. We're giving him as much time as he needs. He need to be all in

Beane - Boldin has been around a long time, he's a pro's pro. He's worked out all offseason. #Bills

Beane - When Boldin's ready for whatever team he chooses, he'll be ready #Bills

From this morning:

@WGR550

Beane - Boldin is at a time in his life where family is most important. We're giving him as much time as he needs. He need to be all in

Beane - Boldin has been around a long time, he's a pro's pro. He's worked out all offseason. #Bills

Beane - When Boldin's ready for whatever team he chooses, he'll be ready #Bills

He's not coming here.