I'm hoping Peterman really have a good camp

If Tyrod is the guy I'm good with that. Just want to see this team finally be able to use the weapons they have. Hopefully this is the camp that will push every player to be at their best. Tyrod need to know that he will be looking over his shoulder.

Don't know much about Yates, and I do believe he will be the odd man out. However from the videos of Peterman I like what I see. I can't wait until preseason to see this kod in game action. I think he will be the big surprise sometime this season. Still will support Tyrod though.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our old friend Skooby said elsewhere that people within the organization feel that he's the best QB the Bills have had in 13 years (i.e. since Bledsoe was here). Let's hope that proves to be true.

I actually think Peterman has a chance to be a back up in the league for a long time. A lot of guys in his position last a year or 2 and disappear (like Levi Brown). I can see Peterman kicking around in the league like Chase Daniel has. He won't ever be a starter imo but that's okay. If he can solidify the #2 role it will turn out to be a good use of a 5th.

I actually think Peterman has a chance to be a back up in the league for a long time. A lot of guys in his position last a year or 2 and disappear (like Levi Brown). I can see Peterman kicking around in the league like Chase Daniel has. He won't ever be a starter imo but that's okay. If he can solidify the #2 role it will turn out to be a good use of a 5th.

Yep

F___ That!.... I want TT Taken down ASAP... Not out of hatred for Tyrod... I just think that if a rookie can beat-out a guy with TT's skill set, he MUST be the real deal, OR pretty close to it..

Cardale... Peterman... Hell, even Yates.... Will SOMEBODY please beat-out #5???

Our old friend Skooby said elsewhere that people within the organization feel that he's the best QB the Bills have had in 13 years (i.e. since Bledsoe was here). Let's hope that proves to be true.

Who is left inside the org from Bledsoe days?

F___ That!.... I want TT Taken down ASAP... Not out of hatred for Tyrod... I just think that if a rookie can beat-out a guy with TT's skill set, he MUST be the real deal, OR pretty close to it..

Sorry to disappoint but the reports out of OTAs weren't good for those 3. I know some people that were at practice and they said it wasn't pretty.

I want to see Nathan's arm concerns be way overblown and show to be a guy who can make plays

We have absolutely no idea how the QB situation is gonna work out......so as many irons in the fire as possible please!

Problem is very few posters are equipped to have that discussion seriously

He will inevitably fling a 35 yarder against camp fodder and that'll be proof he's got it to many, even if that ten yard out only flutters it's way to a completion.

Odds are the kid has enough arm to have a uniform but not enough to carry a team. He will look good for stretches but in crunch time when windows get smaller it'll be rougher

Sorry to disappoint but the reports out of OTAs weren't good for those 3. I know some people that were at practice and they said it wasn't pretty.

That's kinda what I heard too... A "Tyrod by default" decision isn't what I was hoping for... I'd prefer someone giving him a run for his money.

That's kinda what I heard too... A "Tyrod by default" decision isn't what I was hoping for... I'd prefer someone giving him a run for his money.

There's a massive gap from him to the guy that's next. Yates stinks, Cardale is wild and Peterman has no arm. My guess is that Peterman moves into that role at some point though. He throws on time and is intelligent.

There's a massive gap from him to the guy that's next. Yates stinks, Cardale is wild and Peterman has no arm. My guess is that Peterman moves into that role at some point though. He throws on time and is intelligent.

I have heard/read the same thing. Everyone has said that Tyrod has been far and away the best QB on the roster so far.

I am really hoping with some development and arm strength improvement that Peterman can eventually make a push for the starting job, or at least be a very competent backup. He has a number of the (important) things you look for in a starting QB, IMO.

But as of now, I think it looks like Tyrod #1, Yates #2 and Peterman #3 for this coming season. It is looking like Cardale will be the odd man out but that could all change with a good showing in camp.

I want to see Nathan's arm concerns be way overblown and show to be a guy who can make plays

We have absolutely no idea how the QB situation is gonna work out......so as many irons in the fire as possible please!

I tend to think it is overblown, time will tell. This is a listing of ball velocity, it has Peterman at 49, and TT at 50. Watson went #12 in the 1st round and had a speed of only 45.

http://blogs.ourlads.com/2017/03/16/quarterback-ball-velocity-at-nfl-combine-2008-2015/

Edited by OldNMBillsFan

Yup. That's how I see him, too. He's a guy that can be a quality backup for a long time. If he was a bit more physically gifted he could be on his way to being.a franchise guy.

Every year, teams without a franchise QB or a top 5 pick hope that they have found a gem of a QB who someone else in need has passed on. Even with Dalton, Kaep, Carr and Prescott, the lowest drafted recent QB to get to the playoffs is Russel Wilson.

So yes, I would rather enjoy Peterman to become an all time HOF player, I'm just not having it.

To me, a successful camp for him is becoming a better backup than EJ and Cardale were last year.

Let's be honest here: I don't think that the Bills trade back for KC's 1st in 2018 and pass on Mahomes because they thought that Tyrod's replacement was in this draft. My money, it's for banking a potential 3 first round picks (Bills 2018, Bills 2019, Chiefs 2018) to go up and get the guy and let him beat out Tyrod in camp.

Yeah, I hope he has a really good camp, too, but my views on what a good camp would be for him have dropped with his minicamp performances. I just want to see improvement, that he's beginning to understand things. It was always a long-shot that he'd be starter-ready the first year, but even those odds have dropped. Hope he'll develop, improve and work on mechanics and strength that might allow him to throw with more strength.

The velocity worries are overstated but a bit more wouldn't hurt.

Edited by Thurman#1

Arm strength is a concern for Peterman. If it can be improved upon with pro trainers, he may have a shot at being a starter eventually. He is very cerebral but I hope the speed of the game isn't too much for him. I think more likely he has a chance to be a capable, career backup. Cardale will be the odd man out this year. It will be TT, Yates, and Peterman. Pray to God we land our stud QB next year, in which case TT will probably be gone. Unless of course he has a monster year and then we will have quite a conundrum on our hands....Hopefully his play this year won't deter the staff either way from trying to find a longterm answer next year

Edited by BuffAlone

You don't hate Tyrod. You just want him gone. Gotcha.

Arm strength is a concern for Peterman. If it can be improved upon with pro trainers, he may have a shot at being a starter eventually. He is very cerebral but I hope the speed of the game isn't too much for him. I think more likely he has a chance to be a capable, career backup. Cardale will be the odd man out this year. It will be TT, Yates, and Peterman. Pray to God we land our stud QB next year, in which case TT will probably be gone. Unless of course he has a monster year and then we will have quite a conundrum on our hands....Hopefully his play this year won't deter the staff either way from trying to find a longterm answer next year

and Brady was drafted in what round?

and Brady was drafted in what round?

Devi's Advocate: How many QBs that have been drafted 5th round or later in the last 20 years have gone on to win a playoff game? How many haven't?

Again, there are outliers (Romo, Brady) but you see a lot more washouts.

Hey, if the kid looks like the second coming of Brady, I will certainly take him, but even then the smart play is to bring him in slowly under Tyrod, not chase out Tyrod in camp.

The OP was hoping Nate could show he is worthy of the back up position. You choose to carry on your silly vendetta against Tyrod!! Stick to the subject please!!

Edited by fl az fan

I hope every player has a good camp. Except Yates. I'm sure he's a great guy but it would suck if he makes this team.

Just another way coaches are kitty cats. Yates has "experience." Even if that experience is many sucking. Stick with the young guys.

I have heard/read the same thing. Everyone has said that Tyrod has been far and away the best QB on the roster so far.

I am really hoping with some development and arm strength improvement that Peterman can eventually make a push for the starting job, or at least be a very competent backup. He has a number of the (important) things you look for in a starting QB, IMO.

But as of now, I think it looks like Tyrod #1, Yates #2 and Peterman #3 for this coming season. It is looking like Cardale will be the odd man out but that could all change with a good showing in camp.

If Tyrod is the best QB on your roster by a wide margin, you're well and truly !@#$ed.

The OP was hoping Nate could show he is worthy of the back up position. You choose to carry on your silly vendetta against Tyrod!! Stick to the subject please!!

:lol: The OP never mentioned the word backup ONCE in his post, you illiterate... You choose to put your shmuck skills on display time and again..