Do you ever root harder for the Bills some years vs others?

Like me for example I tended to pull a little harder for the team back in 2010 and 2012. Odd years I know.

In 2010 I lost my job and went through periods of depression and not wanting to leave the house. Even though the Bills started 0-8 that year, I was encouraged that they kept fighting. Made me want to do the same in own life. Like the Stevie drop game that year, a lot of games were lost in OT.

In 2012, I thought I turned a corner in my life and I thought the Bills that too that offseason. I was optimistic for them that year. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned for me that year as did the Bills. What can we do but move on.

But yeah of course their my team but some years I've pulled harder for them because what was going on in my life. Can anyone else relate or are your rooting habits consistent year to year? That is if the team hasn't totally frustrated you yet.

I tend to be pretty consistent. Like all of you I love the team. It's hard for me to watch games like Week 17 when losing is in their best interest. It's so difficult to cheer against them. Once the game is over it feels good but it's really tough during the game.

Year to year though the highs and lows are pretty similar for me. It's been a long time though since they played big playoff games. I don't really remember how different it was or will be.

I found the last two years harder than any I remember. I don't "hate" anyone for what they do in a game..... but I am pretty close to that word when it comes to Rex Ryan. I was before we hired him, I went what us Londoners call "radio rental" when we hired him and even though I tried very hard to buy in the first year I knew in my gut that it was doomed to fail and I really wanted that man out of the team I love.

Call it sad if you want but his hiring might have been the worst day of my Bills fandom and his firing might be only 2nd to the Pegulas buying the team as the best.

Like me for example I tended to pull a little harder for the team back in 2010 and 2012. Odd years I know.

In 2010 I lost my job and went through periods of depression and not wanting to leave the house. Even though the Bills started 0-8 that year, I was encouraged that they kept fighting. Made me want to do the same in own life. Like the Stevie drop game that year, a lot of games were lost in OT.

In 2012, I thought I turned a corner in my life and I thought the Bills that too that offseason. I was optimistic for them that year. Unfortunately things didn't go as planned for me that year as did the Bills. What can we do but move on.

But yeah of course their my team but some years I've pulled harder for them because what was going on in my life. Can anyone else relate or are your rooting habits consistent year to year? That is if the team hasn't totally frustrated you yet.

Man you missed being all in for what was the best short game run in the current drought. 2011 Fitzmagic FredEx and the DB's INT everything ending streak against Pats. Best game I have ever been at in any sport as fan player or other.

Edited by cba fan

Man you missed being all in for what was the best short game run in the current drought. Fitzmagic FredEx and the DB's INT everything ending streak against Pats. Best game I have ever been at in any sport as fan player or other.

Glued to the set in Jacksonville FL, watching that game. I've never heard a roar from a crowd on a TV game like when the Pick 6 happened in the 4th! After talking to friends who were at the game, they concurred -NEVER LOUDER!

To the OP's question, I've been ever optimistic since the very beginning.

I totally forgot that we started 2010 with an 0-8 record. I have really no memory of that! Weird.

It's usually steady downhill slope on a graph of enthusiasm to wks played.

I'm more of a binary guy: highly enthusiastic as long as there's any possibility of the playoffs, and mildly enthusiastic after they've been mathematically eliminated.

Yeah I'm all

It's usually steady downhill slope on a graph of enthusiasm to wks played.

HA this, that week they are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs is miserable. Still watching but the rooting meter is not as high as previous weeks.

Edited by Charlottebillsfan2

I found that my general interest in football and the bills has waned in recent years.

I am not sure if it's because the NFL has changed, a lot of the players are not easy to root for,or the bills stink, or I am just getting older. A lot of my friends around the same age (who are steelers fans) feel the same way.

In past years, I would be champing at the bit for training camp; now I do t even know or care when it starts.

I found that my general interest in football and the bills has waned in recent years.

I am not sure if it's because the NFL has changed, a lot of the players are not easy to root for,or the bills stink, or I am just getting older. A lot of my friends around the same age (who are steelers fans) feel the same way.

In past years, I would be champing at the bit for training camp; now I do t even know or care when it starts.

this is where i'm at with it too. i think it's mostly because the bills have been meh forever, along with life getting busier and just not being able to dedicate the time to it. i remember pouring over articles after the games just to read stats and opinions. now...nothing. when the bills win i'm mildly pumped, and when they lose, i'm slightly bummed. there's just no extremes anymore. that being said, i always get giddy for the opener.

We have only one FFL player worth taking in the 1st 4 rounds of a 12 team draft and his name is Shady. I cheer harder for the Bills when Shady is doing good.

LeSean McCoy does good ... https://www.leseanmccoy25.com/foundation

Totally agree.

I think Goodell has made the game less fun, in general.

I also think that, with social media, as well as the 24/7 mics in faces "news" culture, players' unhappiness with their profession is out there. I think it's getting difficult to love watching the game, knowing that so many playing the game actually hate their employers.

It's become so much of a business that winning, for (I think) most players is a distant second to figuring out how to get as much cash as possible.

I find myself to be more cynical than ever; it can't just be that Player A is having a bad day. It's, "hmmm ... I bet Player A is pissed off about xxxx, and because of it, he's taking plays off so he can save his body for the next team."

I always root hard for the Bills, but like others sad, once they're out of it - even if it's still "mathematically possible," it gets tougher and tougher each year to devote time to watch the Bills. And, for aforementioned reasons, watching other teams isn't nearly as fun as it used to be.

I'm more of a binary guy: highly enthusiastic as long as there's any possibility of the playoffs, and mildly enthusiastic after they've been mathematically eliminated.

Yeah, pretty much this. I can never root for a loss, even if it improves draft stock. No matter how dire things are I still get joy out of the Bills making plays and my week is just better if they win. But that joy, while still there, tends to be much more mild later in the season these last 17 years.

My love for the Bills is consistent. My interest in the NFL product as a whole varies.

I find my NFL interest tends to coincide with how the Bills are playing to an extent. With that said this league has really soured me over the years in many ways.

I'm much more a Bills fanm than an NFL fan these days. Back in my youth (which was way back) I'd watch the Bills at 1 (or go to the game), watch games at 4, watch any games on Monday night and so on. Now I pretty much watch the Bills games on the Package, and after that I might catch the highlights on ESPN or NFL Network.

I'm much more a Bills fanm than an NFL fan these days. Back in my youth (which was way back) I'd watch the Bills at 1 (or go to the game), watch games at 4, watch any games on Monday night and so on. Now I pretty much watch the Bills games on the Package, and after that I might catch the highlights on ESPN or NFL Network.

This is how I feel. I still follow my fantasy teams and watch other games but am not scheduling around them like I used to. That is only for the Bills.

I am still an NFL junkie though. I watch the Thursday night game most weeks, the Bills at 1, whatever SKY over here are showing at 4.30, the first half of the SNF but don't watch the MNF unless it's us.

Then over the course of the week I will watch the condensed versions of at least 3 or 4 other games that I have not seen on my Ipad on the Tube to and from the office.

I feel the same way. It's all of the above, the Bills stink year after year, getting harder and harder to root for, getting older, I work so much now I hardly pay attention anymore or get upset or get to excited by any moves the Bills make.