Glad Mike Williams Was Off The Board When We Picked

H2o

He may need back surgery now? Can you imagine the stuff that would be flying around here if we drafted this kid? :lol:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20105594/mike-williams-los-angeles-chargers-need-surgery

Was just about to post this. It would have been holy heel here on TSW if he was the pick and missed the entire season. It would have been Whaley's fault of course.

:(

Yeah, this doesn't make me happy. I feel terrible for the kid. He worked incredibly hard to overcome a major injury and who knows what his career will be now.

Injuries just suck and it's why every player should get every penny they can while they can.

Word on the street is that the Bills loved Corey Davis and were high on John Ross. Mike Williams wasn't their guy

I wasn't high on him either.

I liked Davis a lot.

I didn't have an opinion on Ross...I didn't think we would entertain him so I didn't do much research on him.

Edited by Teeflebees

Was just about to post this. It would have been holy heel here on TSW if he was the pick and missed the entire season. It would have been Whaley's fault of course.

Of course it would have been Whaley's fault. :lol: And yes, this place would have imploded by now.

@rapsheet

Surgery was on the table 3-4 weeks ago. 2 sources with direct knowledge say it is NOT on the table now. Williams is improving

He's a really good kid btw.

Don't question Schefter when it comes to medical reports brotha :thumbsup:

Man, what does Clemson do to these guys???

Lawson, Williams, Watkins, Beasley, Bowers, Spiller, etc....

Glad the Bills did not look his way this draft. Hopefully he gets healed and can play. Kid was a hell of a player last year.

I think we worked the draft great, two ones next year gives us a lot of flexibility.

Man, what does Clemson do to these guys???

Lawson, Williams, Watkins, Beasley, Bowers, Spiller, etc....

Glad the Bills did not look his way this draft. Hopefully he gets healed and can play. Kid was a hell of a player last year.

Old school but, Jerry Butler and Bucky Brooks too.

Needless to say he didn't need any more poor draft picks to add to his resume than he already had, which got him fired.

Just stay away from players named Mike Williams

Ha ha, pretty much this. I think, as of today, the Mike Williams from Buffalo was the best of the group. Fat Mike the OL and Fat Mike the WR were early picks along with back injury Mike. Am I forgetting any (at least in the last 15 years)?

I must be in the minority, but I really like this player and think he will be a very successful pro. Nothing against any of the other WRs in the draft, including our own Zay who I'm very bullish on as well. But no one did it vs tougher competition than my man Mike.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Let me guess: Tyrod, Sammy and both 2018 1sts for Philip Rivers?

Your work is without compare Poirot

We passed on two potential franchise QBs with our pick. I don't think we were running to the table with a WRs name on that card under any circumstance.

btw love your avatar. how could you not like the kid?

I must be in the minority, but I really like this player and think he will be a very successful pro. Nothing against any of the other WRs in the draft, including our own Zay who I'm very bullish on as well. But no one did it vs tougher competition than my man Mike.

Wrs are becoming the darlings of the draft.

We all have a favorite or two each year i bet.

Zay who is now being Coached by his College Coach i think, might have one hell of an advantage. Regardless that he was drafted in the second.

Glad to read you are bullish on him. We all should be.

We passed on two potential franchise QBs with our pick. I don't think we were running to the table with a WRs name on that card under any circumstance.

Corey Davis was the target. He was off the board though by our pick. Things might have been different had he still been there.

As mentioned, Bills had Ross and Davis higher. Sounds like GM McD knows what's what

I'm fairly certain that the scouts and Whaley assembled the board. McDermott ultimately decided how we were going to use those assets but he's not the one that had Davis and Ross ahead of Williams.

Corey Davis was the target. He was off the board though by our pick. Things might have been different had he still been there.

I'm fairly certain that the scouts and Whaley assembled the board. McDermott ultimately decided how we were going to use those assets but he's not the one that had Davis and Ross ahead of Williams.

Got a link to that? Doesn't line up with the story that both KC and Mcdermott told, which is that the deal was discussed a week earlier.

If you have a player circled, no way you make that deal ahead of time, unless you really thought he'd fall to the late 1st. Considering 3 WRs went in the top 9, it appears that teams , and not the NFL mock draft talking heads, were much higher on these players than anticipated.

Got a link to that? Doesn't line up with the story that both KC and Mcdermott told, which is that the deal was discussed a week earlier.

If you have a player circled, no way you make that deal ahead of time, unless you really thought he'd fall to the late 1st. Considering 3 WRs went in the top 9, it appears that teams , and not the NFL mock draft talking heads, were much higher on these players than anticipated.

No link, just info that LeRoi provided here and was confirmed elsewhere (from a couple of people). Teams always have plans A through Z. Corey Davis was the guy that they would have picked if available and they stayed at 10. Would they have done that with the trade down on the table? Maybe not, but he was their top target.

.....for some reason, the name "Mike Williams" and the "Buffalo Bills" has always been the "union of hell".....go figure......

In fact, had the Bills drafted him AND he was injured and the injury ended his career before he even played a game...

He still wouldn't be the worst Bills draft bust named "Mike Williams." :oops:

Yes the trade was discussed with Whaley. That is what the Chiefs GM said first interview after the trade.

Edited by cba fan