RD 5, Pick 171: Nathan Peterman (QB) - Pitt

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley is absolute garbage, he wouldn't know a good QB if it hit him in the face.

Peterman will be lucky to be even a ok backup and we also have bum cardale, good job moron.

This isn't a Whaley pick. All 5 of our picks were at the Senior Bowl..... McDermott has chucked out the scouting staff's year of work. This is the coach's board.

His NFL comparison is Kirk Cousins which is not bad. Arm strength isn't the end all be all. Plenty of good QBs have gotten by with average arms.

I will take a guy that knows where to go with the ball over a guy that can throw the length of the field every time.

He. Can. Not. Throw.

Now bill, that isn't exactly true to say about the kid... The worst you could say is that he doesn't appear to have a huge arm..., or a very big one, for that matter.... However, he does other things VERY well... Like I said earlier, I don't hate this pick.(that much.)

His strengths read like Tyrod's weaknesses:

STRENGTHS

Smooth, quick set-up in pocket. Grips the ball with big, 10-inch hands. Poised in pocket and takes the hit to deliver a completion. Will set-up, slide and then re-set before making his throw. Can cut it loose from off-balance angles from bootleg or play-action if he sees a winning option break open early. Full field reader. Works all the way through his progressions. Shoots glances at safeties to keep them in check. Strong natural accuracy. Able to throw receivers open and lead them away from danger. Can pinpoint passes to moving targets in his intermediate work. Has enough arm to work field side, intermediate throws. Great vision. Sees passing windows before they develop. Throws with outstanding timing and anticipation. Can put the ball on receivers' hands as soon as they come out of a break if coverage dictates it. Utilizes accuracy and anticipation to challenge windows on all three levels. Won at Clemson hanging five touchdown passes on their talented stop unit. Good escapability and can extend drives with his legs. Excellent deep ball accuracy completing 46.2 percent of his deep throws.

Sounds like the next Tom Brady

He's I. Sirius. Said he enjoyed his visit. Likes Whaley. Both Pitt guys. Thankful.

Excited for minicamp. Wasn't concerned he was not picked early. He isn't scared of competition. Ross Tucker told he has a chance to start

Whaley is absolute garbage, he wouldn't know a good QB if it hit him in the face.

Peterman will be lucky to be even a ok backup and we also have bum cardale, good job moron.

Says the guy who was saying Connor Cook was the next big thing...and just about every other QB you have wanted is terrible. In fact, take Darnold off your sig before you curse the poor kid.

At the very least he is a huge upgrade over Cardale as the backup IMO.

Edited by Mark80

To those who don't like Peterman, what's worse...the QB who can throw it a mile, but can't hit the broad side of a barn, or a more accurate QB who doesn't have great arm strength, but can excel in a WC system?

^^^This^^^

He's I. Sirius. Said he enjoyed his visit. Likes Whaley. Both Pitt guys. Thankful.

Excited for minicamp. Wasn't concerned he was not picked early. He isn't scared of competition. Ross Tucker told he has a chance to start

And Mayock said he was "the most pro ready QB in this class". High floor, low ceiling type.

Cousins has a good arm. Peterman does not.

Cousins arm was considered adequate coming out. By no means was he considered to have an overly strong arm. He was a smart and accurate player much like Peterman. Edited by Bangarang

If it's the only knock against him. makes you wonder how much an elite athlete might be able to improve 'arm strength' through training and technique. Surely there must be some improvement that could be made.

Here is the thing.

IF Cardale puts in the work to improve he is the best Prospect on this Roster.

BUT that is a pretry big IF.

Cardale was always about his size and arm. I never thought he had the mental accumen for the position. His job is certainly in question now with Peterman and Yates on the roster. Edited by Bangarang