2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you 8 years old? The Ducks are up 3-2 heading home if they lose. They play 5 minutes to see how it pans out, then pack it in for game 7 with minimal energy expended. Ask your grade 5 teacher about this tomorrow.

Are you 8 years old? The Ducks are up 3-2 heading home if they lose. They play 5 minutes to see how it pans out, then pack it in for game 7 with minimal energy expended. Ask your grade 5 teacher about this tomorrow.

They come back down by 3 goals in 3 minutes last game and you think they are going to pack it in after 5 minutes? You either didn't watch the game or you know nothing about hockey. I'm guessing both!

I gotta say, a 8 year old in 5th grade is actually pretty impressive.

Ducks will close them out setting up a nice West final. Nashville to win!

That would be good news for the Dallas Stars. Stars will get the Ducks #1 draft pick​ next year from the Patrick Eaves trade.

pulling for the Sens all the way

The Sens are the least talented team remaining but they have some big balls. I expect a big Rangers win tomorrow then an insane game 7 Thursday. I'm all in on the NYR for tomorrow's game though, I'm going to give 2.5 goals if the line is right.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sens win game 7 though.

plus Celtics game 5

Big night!

I kind of lost track of the NHL after leaving WNY for college in '77. Had some great Sabre years before that. Have a son in Nashville now and we get up there a lot. Went to a Predator game and was amazed with how fun it was and what I was missing. They used to practice across the street from his apartment, and you could just walk in and watch. He took his son there often for a very cool (and cheap) fan building experience.

Big night!

I kind of lost track of the NHL after leaving WNY for college in '77. Had some great Sabre years before that. Have a son in Nashville now and we get up there a lot. Went to a Predator game and was amazed with how fun it was and what I was missing. They used to practice across the street from his apartment, and you could just walk in and watch. He took his son there often for a very cool (and cheap) fan building experience.

Preds have as good a chance as anyone. They really did well with that Suban trade. I wouldn't mind seeing them win but I have longer odds money on Ducks.

Preds have as good a chance as anyone. They really did well with that Suban trade. I wouldn't mind seeing them win but I have longer odds money on Ducks.

If you ever find yourself in Nashville in season, check it out! It's right in the middle of everything downtown, and the place gets rockin'!

I'm not a country music fan, but I do like Nashville a LOT.

plus Celtics game 5

Tough night for Washington fans tomorrow. We are not Caps fans by any stretch, but rooting for them this round. Leaving DC yesterday morning, DC sports radio was already contemplating Thursday morning if they both lose...sounded very Buffalo sports-esque LOL.

So will be streaming the BB game on the big TV, the hockey game will be on the smaller TV...

Tough night for Washington fans tomorrow. We are not Caps fans by any stretch, but rooting for them this round. Leaving DC yesterday morning, DC sports radio was already contemplating Thursday morning if they both lose...sounded very Buffalo sports-esque LOL.

So will be streaming the BB game on the big TV, the hockey game will be on the smaller TV...

Probably because both teams overcame a 2 game deficit to tie things up.

They also know that if the Wiz should win they are doomed against King James.

I'll have to listen to what Czaban says today as he had his shovel at the ready for the Caps burial.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

The Sens are the least talented team remaining but they have some big balls. I expect a big Rangers win tomorrow then an insane game 7 Thursday. I'm all in on the NYR for tomorrow's game though, I'm going to give 2.5 goals if the line is right.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Sens win game 7 though.

Watching the games, the Sens look like they have no business being out there, but then they have these moments where they bring a lot of heat and get some scrappy goals and it's very exciting to watch. Nobody thought they were making the playoffs going into this season, but they are a tough bunch. I'd like to see them get to the next round, but regardless of who they face it's gonna be a really difficult series to win.

Senators looked like the better team for the first time all series. Took the lead early and held it. Good game!

The Senators outplayed the Rangers in the first game. They definitely got outplayed in 3 of the games though. Luckily, they won one of them because Pageau went legend.

Tonight, all of the Sens top guys stepped up. Stoner getting back into his old form is encouraging.

go_sens_go_dt1-1024x768.jpg

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

The Senators outplayed the Rangers in the first game. They definitely got outplayed in 3 of the games though. Luckily, they won one of them because Pageau went legend.

Tonight, all of the Sens top guys stepped up. Stoner getting back into his old form is encouraging.

go_sens_go_dt1-1024x768.jpg

i was blown away by how hard they played in ny. i thought for sure there was going to be a game 7, but at least they get some rest. stone was awesome. even clarke had 2 points.

I bet the Rangers last night and still enjoyed watching the Sens take my money. They were like a bunch of kids out there enjoying the moment. Once again the NHL playoffs is hands down the best postseason in all of sports. Hockey plays so well in sudden death and must win situations. Good luck next round Sens fans.

i was blown away by how hard they played in ny. i thought for sure there was going to be a game 7, but at least they get some rest. stone was awesome. even clarke had 2 points.

Mac has been very solid which is incredible given how little ice time he's had the past two years. It'll be nice to see the love he gets as the stage gets bigger.

I bet the Rangers last night and still enjoyed watching the Sens take my money. They were like a bunch of kids out there enjoying the moment. Once again the NHL playoffs is hands down the best postseason in all of sports. Hockey plays so well in sudden death and must win situations. Good luck next round Sens fans.

NBA playoffs are pretty damn good as well in a weird way. you know whoever gets through to face either the Cavs or Warriors is gong to get their head bashed in, but fighting for the right to get your bashed in is kinda fun.

Brought down the big TV tonight so we can go side by side 60 inch for both DC games.

NBA playoffs are pretty damn good as well in a weird way. you know whoever gets through to face either the Cavs or Warriors is gong to get their head bashed in, but fighting for the right to get your bashed in is kinda fun.

Brought down the big TV tonight so we can go side by side 60 inch for both DC games.

Haha that's what we do every Sunday for the football games. Awesome. I will be pulling for the Caps, the Wizards have everyone panicked myself included. Celts need to shoot lights out to have a chance.

Erik Karlsson is the best player in the NHL right now. He reminds me a lot of Nik Lidstrom but with a little more offensive flash to his game.

It's tough for me to be objective as a Sens fan so it's nice seeing someone else say this. His offensive skill has never been in doubt, but he showed this year that he can play defense too. The way he's bought into the defensive system has been great and helped the other top players on the team buy in. He was 2nd in the league in blocked shots this year. He's always been great, but he's been special this year.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

even knowing Celtics will lose to Cavs in 4, I still want them to move on because it gives me 4 more games to watch before the long and lonely road to football season. Not a big baseball fan, so this is it for me as a fan until bills preseason in August.

It's tough for me to be objective as a Sens fan so it's nice seeing someone else say this. His offensive skill has never been in doubt, but he showed this year that he can play defense too. The way he's bought into the defensive system has been great and helped the other top players on the team buy in. He was 2nd in the league in blocked shots this year. He's always been great, but he's been special this year.

Totally agree. He's become a complete player this year. Sens are a strange team. You never know what you'll get game to game. Period to period even.

Erik Karlsson is the best player in the NHL right now. He reminds me a lot of Nik Lidstrom but with a little more offensive flash to his game.

Connor mcdavid says hi

Watching these players in pens caps shows me how far off the sabres are.

Edited by joesixpack

Our team is so well coached.

At times (game 4) we looked like we had no business being in the playoffs let alone the NHL.

But they stick with their system.

Boucher is a master of sports psychology and Karlsson is arguably the best 2 way player in the world.

At the beginning of the season I was watching Sens Caps and said 'this is your eastern conference.finals'.

I also saw Chicago Sens game and said 'Stanley Cup Finals'.

I am a homer but there's something exceptional about this team.

Coaching coaching coaching.

Our team is so well coached.

At times (game 4) we looked like we had no business being in the playoffs let alone the NHL.

But they stick with their system.

Boucher is a master of sports psychology and Karlsson is arguably the best 2 way player in the world.

At the beginning of the season I was watching Sens Caps and said 'this is your eastern conference.finals'.

I also saw Chicago Sens game and said 'Stanley Cup Finals'.

I am a homer but there's something exceptional about this team.

Coaching coaching coaching.

Predators / Senators. Let's go!