The McDermott Era begins - Voluntary OTAs

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overall I think we have not had a head coach like this really ever at OBD. I like McD's style, demeanor and energy. I did not feel like this with either Doug or Rex...this just feels different.

As a fellow coach and talent evaluator, he is saying all the right things and posturing himself in a way that conveys strength and wisdom. Now that combination we have had here before, and that resulted into some serious wins.

I know you have to have the players too, but man without good leadership you can't even sniff championships these days. Let's just hope that he has the full support of the organization and Whaley either knows his place and backs down a bit or Terry and Kim give him the boot. Either way I think McD should be running the show until proven otherwise.

yeah we all take of work for our kids birthdays

I don't have kids but I have only worked my own birthday once in the 12 years of my working life.... and that was unavoidable because the legislation I was responsible for was in front of a Parliamentary committee. Usually I take my birthday off.

Ugh, Shady is such a low energy thug. We should release him, sad.

hot take alert

give me a !@#$ing break, this post belongs in the stupid hall of fame.

I don't have kids but I have only worked my own birthday once in the 12 years of my working life.... and that was unavoidable because the legislation I was responsible for was in front of a Parliamentary committee. Usually I take my birthday off.

slacker

Edited by Cripple Creek

@jayskurski

McDermott: "I'm a big believer in doing things right off the field." Interesting comment to remember with draft season approaching. #Bills

That can mean a lot of different things (see the debates on football character)

How much of a big deal is it really? Is he constantly in trouble? Did it hurt the team? Did it show in his performance? What is the concern exactly?

Chad Kelly we keep giving chances to but productive players like Shady we give snark. Why is that?

Calm down, I was just commenting on the posters claim that Shady takes care of his business on and off the field. He has had a few incidents off the field that have been in poor taste, IMO.

Calm down, I was just commenting on the posters claim that Shady takes care of his business on and off the field. He has had a few incidents off the field that have been in poor taste, IMO.

It's just funny how certain players off field stuff remains a thing more than others. Edited by PromoTheRobot

It's just funny how certain players off field stuff remains a thing more than others.

Are you saying that Kelly will get a pass because he's white? That's ridiculous, the kid might not even get drafted and has been kicked out of multiple programs. Doesn't really look like special treatment to me

Edited by SWATeam

Are you saying that Kelly will get a pass because he's white? That's ridiculous, the kid might not even get drafted and has been kicked out of multiple programs. Doesn't really look like special treatment to me

I believe you missed the point. Promo wasn't writing about what the league thinks of Lil Kelly but rather the double standard some posters around here apply to, say, Dareus, who they want to cut because of off-field behavior while arguing that a proven lout like Kelly ought to be given "another chance." Can I get a "Hmm"?

I love me some shady....he's an absolute stud

but his absence is horsechit

it says i'm above the team....selfish

using a 5 year olds birthday as an excuse ....sad

For realizes or is this sarcasm?

Like, your boss says "hey, want to come in for some off hours team bonding instead of celebrating your kid's birthday?"

Edited by Tenhigh

It's just funny how certain players off field stuff remains a thing more than others.

It's funnier what stupid **** gets latched onto by fans. If social media had been around during the SB years...

i seriously think he should have been with his teamies on day 1

is it minor.....mostly symbolic ??.....yes

it's a distraction/slap in the face to a new coach trying to establish a new culture

it's a distraction/slap in the face to a new coach trying to establish a new culture

Except that it's conditioning only. They can not meet with or speak to any of the coaches per NFLPA restrictions. No big deal at this time.

Do you have kids?

nah.

These sessions are voluntary. Players are going to miss sessions it happens every year. As long as McCoy shows up in shape and ready to go opening day that is all that matters. Over his career that hasn't been an issue with him so while it would have been nice for him to be here it is not a big deal.

Like, your boss says "hey, want to come in for some off hours team bonding instead of celebrating your kid's birthday?"

great example....the new ceo at your workplace has a team bonding scheduled of which you had several weeks notice.

you tell em your busy....good luck with that.

great example....the new ceo manager at your workplace--one who has stressed that he knows not everyone is going to be "wired to have their foot to the pedal all the time"--has a voluntary team bonding scheduled of which you had several weeks notice.

you tell em your busy....good luck with that.

Fixed that for you...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/McDermotts-vision-for-Bills-rooted-in-his-dedicated-approach/50a9a559-ce5e-4935-82ba-44625dba9742

Edited by thebandit27

You know you did sarcasm well when someone takes it seriously.

I wouldn't feel to cocky. Sarcasm doesn't come across well in text, also, it wouldn't surprise me if there are some people on this board that would agree with your statement. Unfortunately, it's not too far-fetched a statement.

Except that it's conditioning only. They can not meet with or speak to any of the coaches per NFLPA restrictions. No big deal at this time.

Bull Mcdermott and coaches addressed the entire team yesterday. They arent allow to o football specific activities.