If you had to choose 1 out of the 10, who would it be?

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Edited by gr8billsfan

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Casey Davis?

Whoops, thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

I'm assuming you mean Corey Davis? Anyway, it would be between Foster and Davis with slight preference to the WR.

and why Foster over other top LB prospects?

I choose Adams, the reasons are simple, I don't dislike Davis, but he is rated to go anywhere from the 9th to 15th, Adams is a top 5 prospect, so his bust potential is lower than Davis, and if Adams should magically fall to us I do not see how you pass up on him

Next I would never draft for need, especially just for the 2017 season, I am looking for the best player over the next 4-6 years, considering I am likely to extend the team option, and franchise for a year if a longer term deal cannot be worked out

Finally while #2WR is an important position, IMO #1SS or #1CB is of a much greater need if you consider our main opposition in the AFC and our division is NE and Tom Brady, which is why my 2nd pick would be Lattimore, as I do not think our Bills have had a player like either Adams or Lattimore in quite some time

However the reality is that Adams and Lattimore are likely gone b4 we pick, so Davis, Hooker, and Foster are more likely to still be there, I think Robinson is dropping to the late 1st, Hooker is my 3rd pick, for all the same reasons.

PS - I'd feel much better about Hooker and or Adams starting for us in 2017 and beyond in consideration that we just released our two starting safeties and replaced them, for now, with 2 guys whom hardly have any starting exp in the NFL, and don't have any ceiling close to the guys we cut, let alone, a #1 draft pick, especially considering you face Tom Brady twice a year

The Bills need to draft a QB in the first because Taylor sucks. Evidence of this is that no other team in the league wanted him, so he came back.

My write-in pick is Mahomes.

I second that. Patrick Mahomes. Edited by jeffismagic

The Bills need to draft a QB in the first because Taylor sucks. Evidence of this is that no other team in the league wanted him, so he came back.

A real possibility. He's going to go a lot higher than many think.

CB

This is what forced the Bills to draft EJ...

"We need to draft a QB in the first"

Then when the Bills do...

"Why did we draft the QB I didn't want in the first"

Edited by Beef Jerky

A real possibility. He's going to go a lot higher than many think.

Exactly... the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Chargers, Bills, Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers all need QBs either now or very soon.

According to Matt Miller, Mahomes had meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers.

I think that some of the draft “experts” are being fools in thinking Mahomes will go in the second round. Daniel Jeremiah had the Bills taking Gareon Conley at #10 (WHO?! WHAT?!) and just two QBs taken with no Mahomes in his latest mock draft. Ridiculous.

CB

This is what forced the Bills to draft EJ...

"We need to draft a QB in the first"

Then when the Bills do...

"Why did we draft the QB I didn't want in the first"

Who cares, draft Mahomes. Yes, they missed on EJ...but they also missed on Dak Prescott because they didn't take him soon enough.

Finding a QB is almost totally random. So you have to still take risks and chances. They will be an irrelevant team until they do, no matter what "elite" corner they would pick. Plus this "elite" corner will bolt in four to five years (see Gilmore).

Ha ha ha, hot take alert!!!!

At this point my vote is for Corey Davis. They are still thin in the secondary but have guys like Poyer and Seymour that can play. They don't have an option at #2 WR.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Hooker. I think he'll have an Earl Thomas like impact on the back end of a defense, the injuries worry me, but they could also be the reason he's on the board at 10 and not gone top 5. Would be thrilled with Adams too, but I expect both guys to be gone.

I would be fine with Davis or Williams, otherwise I'd prefer to move down.

Exactly... the Browns, 49ers, Bears, Jets, Chargers, Bills, Saints, Cardinals, Redskins, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Steelers all need QBs either now or very soon.

According to Matt Miller, Mahomes had meetings with 49ers, Jets, Giants, Bills, Saints, Steelers, Browns, Redskins, Texans, Chargers.

I think that some of the draft “experts” are being fools in thinking Mahomes will go in the second round. Daniel Jeremiah had the Bills taking Gareon Conley at #10 (WHO?! WHAT?!) and just two QBs taken with no Mahomes in his latest mock draft. Ridiculous.

Who cares, draft Mahomes. Yes, they missed on EJ...but they also missed on Dak Prescott because they didn't take him soon enough.

Finding a QB is almost totally random. So you have to still take risks and chances. They will be an irrelevant team until they do, no matter what "elite" corner they would pick. Plus this "elite" corner will bolt in four to five years (see Gilmore).

The Tyrod crew doesn't want to move on. They would rather settle for another 6-10, 7-9 finish.

fun question...

just feels like hooker or adams could change the face of our D completely....

corey davis seems nice, but we are going to be a run first team again, and a #2 WR i dont think is as valuable on our team as it would on another.

i go hooker

Here's a hypothetical scenario.

We can only draft 1 of these top prospects in the 1st round that we need. Pick 1 out of the 10 prospects and explain WHY you chose your choice over the others.

Considering we just resigned TT, I've ignored the option of drafting a QB in the first round.

Also, consider trading down from 10th overall to get one of these players, what would we get in return?

1. Marshon Lattimore - CB

2. Malik Hooker - FS

3. Mike Williams - WR

4. Jamal Adams - SS

5. OJ Howard - TE

6. Malik McDowell - DL

7. Corey Davis - WR

8. Cam Robinson - OT

9. Reuben Foster - ILB

10. Jonathan Allen - DL

Personally I would choose Corey Davis. Reason why is because he has more "juice" than M.Williams and would be a benefit to the offense to create a dual threat at the WR position. Even though there are a lot of great options, I believe we need to go WR at first round.

Based off current needs probably Corey Davis and if he is gone then Reuben Foster. CB & SAF there is enough depth in draft to get in 2nd/3rd rnd

Jamal Adams ... Adams at SS and Micah Hyde at FS would make for pretty decent set of starting safeties. Having Poyer come in as the #3 safety would be solid depth.

Since I don't believe that Adams, Allen, Foster or Hooker will be there at our pick, I'd probably go with Mike Williiams who seems to be really good at fighting for the ball, which will likely be necessary with our QB's.

Trading down a few spots and taking Davis or Howard wouldn't be a horrible idea either.

I still like Watson though, even at #10.

The Tyrod crew doesn't want to move on. They would rather settle for another 6-10, 7-9 finish.

It's as if way back in the Dick Jauron era, he brainwashed a whole group of people into thinking that not turning the ball over is the most amazing and spectacular thing a QB could do...ever.

The Bills aren't likely to make the playoffs this year and even if they do manage to sneak in they're not going to go very far.

That's why I say that they should plan to draft the very best player on the board at #10 overall.

Foster, Allen, Adams, and Hooker are the best players listed. I would not discount D. Watson just because we have TT.

The Bills are very weak at CB so Lattimore deserves some consideration.

There are so many holes right now that it really becomes a very difficult choice.

The safest play may be to trade down two spots to #12 overall with Cleveland and maybe pick up extra R2 and R4 picks.

Jamal Adams.

Even though I've been slightly frustrated by Whaley's love of drafting ACC and SEC players, who have no idea how to play in the cold, the Bills need another safety and he's slightly better than Hooker IMO. Even before Hooker's injury. In any event he probably won't last until 10.

You do understand that Taylor was never a FA, thus no other teams could talk to him. And how do you know that no trade discussion took place?

Well, Jonathan Allen would be the obvious choice as he is a Top-3, if not #1 overall talent.

Outside of that, my reasonable choice at #10 would be Jamal Adams or Mike Williams depending on which side of the ball we feel is more important to address.

Who on that list do yall think is the best player regardless of position?

Allen, without question and it's not even close.

It's as if way back in the Dick Jauron era, he brainwashed a whole group of people into thinking that not turning the ball over is the most amazing and spectacular thing a QB could do...ever.

It feels like we just hired Dick Jauron. McDermott is now in control and the future looks bleak. And yes, every time Tyrod throws an incomplete pass on 3rd down and the Bills punt that is also a turnover. Fans just latch onto whatever numbers they can to prove Tyrod is more than a bottom 5 starter.

Man if I had to go with one on the list I'd probably take Malik Hooker. I'm really intrigued by Obi though. He has the size and athleticism that we desperately need against the Patriots.

With his size speed combo he can develop like Byron Jones and would be one of a handful of guys who might be able to slow down Rob Gronkowski.

In addition, he is a bigger Shaq Thompson who can be the LB/S combo that McDermott really likes to have on his roster. A really flexible, versatile behavior.

Anybody who thinks this guy is gonna be there at 44 is nuts