Cleveland Heavily After Tyrod Taylor.

You aren't getting the 33rd pick for Tyrod Taylor.

You also aren't getting a 2nd round pick for Tyrod, probably not a 3rd rounder either. Had we negotiated a team friendly deal with Tyrod and not given him all the leverage he may have been a tradeable asset. With the terrible deal we gave him, though, I don't see why a team would give us a pick for him. They know we overpayed, they know he's not worth $27.5M in cash in '17, and so they know we are now forced to cut him unless we want to pay stupid $$$$ to a middling QB.

At this point I would take any pick from the Browns even if it was a 7th rounder because I think it's in the Bills best interest to move on from Tyrod. I think we need to seriously upgrade the position, and I don't want to pay a QB $27.5M in cash and still not feel comfortable about the position. It's an easy decision, IMO. Save the money, and keep looking. Tough pill to swallow, but any objective Bills fan knows Tyrod will never be a playoff type QB year in and year out, he's just not a good enough of a passer.

Edited by Estro

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I am Cleveland I let the chips fall. No trade. Let Whaley make his play and take what is given. The Browns have cap money to burn so they can afford to play with house money. Granted Tyrod might be cheaper via a trade but with all the money they have to spend and the number of draft picks they hold, force Whaley's hand and then low ball him. Cleveland is in full rebuild, what's another year? They can get someone to keep the seat warm and or use a pick to do what most on this board would do anyway and that is draft a Qb this Year and next, saving money and picks. They will probably get another early bite at next year's apple anyway.

If I'm Cleveland, I'm not giving anything for TT. I would force DW hand. I would let FA play out, wait until March 11 and see what the Bills do with him. If they cut him, then go after him, if not I got pick 1, 12 and 33 to get a QB.

How about 1 and 33 for Tyrod 10 and our 2nd?

This is called living in la la land.

According to the draft value chart that would be the equivalent of the Browns giving up 1820 pts on the chart for Tyrod, which is slightly more than the 4th overall pick in the draft.

If you think any team would value Tyrod like the 4th overall pick and then have to hand him $27.5M in cash, you truly have no understanding of how the NFL works.

If it was offered I'd do that but it'll never be offered. As far as the 12th pick ... Please

And I doubt anyone would trade for that contract, but the agent will ask for more. Cleveland does have the cap space to pull it off.

This is called living in la la land.

According to the draft value chart that would be the equivalent of the Browns giving up 1820 pts on the chart for Tyrod, which is slightly more than the 4th overall pick in the draft.

If you think any team would value Tyrod like the 4th overall pick and then have to hand him $27.5M in cash, you truly have no understanding of how the NFL works.

i didn't say the Browns would do it. Although they are the only organization in football more clueless then we are, so why knows

Would you trade Tyrod's Option to Cleveland for the 33rd overall pick?

Yes, but maybe be bold and make it include a conditional pick.

If all these JLC rumors are true, Bills would be foolish to let TT go if there is a team willing to trade for him. Only shot Cleveland has to nab him, too.

If I am Cleveland I let the chips fall. No trade. Let Whaley make his play and take what is given. The Browns have cap money to burn so they can afford to play with house money. Granted Tyrod might be cheaper via a trade but with all the money they have to spend and the number of draft picks they hold, force Whaley's hand and then low ball him. Cleveland is in full rebuild, what's another year? They can get someone to keep the seat warm and or use a pick to do what most on this board would do anyway and that is draft a Qb this Year and next, saving money and picks. They will probably get another early bite at next year's apple anyway.

That is assuming that on the open market Tyrod would choose Cleveland over Denver, NYJ, SF, and possibly Washington.

Smart move would be the aggressive move for Cleveland.

Why are there all these shiityy rumors as topics with no links

Here:

bleacherreport.com/articles/2696252-tyrod-taylor-rumors-browns-reportedly-have-significant-interest-in-qb

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-free-agency-browns-primed-to-land-tyrod-taylor-bears-eye-glennon/

Edited by KevinMassare

The most I could see Cleveland giving is a 3rd rounder. That contract sucks for the Bills and would suck for Cleveland. Since Cleveland is every free agents last choice, that contract might just suck less than what they'd have to pay if Tyrod was free agent.

What I actually think is happening is Cleveland's trying to bait Bills into keeping Tyrod at that inflated contract so Bills pass on QB at 10. There's no way Bills are giving Taylor $30m guaranteed and taking QB at 10.

it was quite some time ago that I had a feeling that is where he was going to end up. still nothing but rumors and speculation but honestly, if he hasn't signed yet, he's gone.

what's kind of a drag is how both sides dragged it on like this.

What did TT drag out? TT didn't even stand up to the team

and make any serious waves about holding out when he was playing on a baby contract. Whaley and company decided to negotiate out of good faith and now they are taking the decision up the deadline.

it was quite some time ago that I had a feeling that is where he was going to end up. still nothing but rumors and speculation but honestly, if he hasn't signed yet, he's gone.

what's kind of a drag is how both sides dragged it on like this.

Yeah it makes you wonder. We will see soon enough, either way whatever they decide to do I sure hope it turns out to be the right choice. But I certainly wouldn't gamble on that with Whaley driving.

Why wouldn't Cleveland just wait until we cut him?

This was just written in Bleacher, the report says their interest is in Tyrod as a FA

because we just might trade him to someone else so if they want him they better get on it.

What is cool for us is his option isn't do til the 11 and free agency begins the 9 so that gives us 3 total days to trade him while other QBs are moving around and gives a brief window of opportunity to trade him with out picking up the his option.

The most I could see Cleveland giving is a 3rd rounder. That contract sucks for the Bills and would suck for Cleveland. Since Cleveland is every free agents last choice, that contract might just suck less than what they'd have to pay if Tyrod was free agent. What I actually think is happening is Cleveland's trying to bait Bills into keeping Tyrod at that inflated contract so Bills pass on QB at 10. There's no way Bills are giving Taylor $30m guaranteed and taking QB at 10.

Clevenads have the most cap space to work with. They could take on TTs contract just to hit the cap minimum. If Bradford was traded for a 1st then we should get a 1st for Tyrod too. Teams get rich pawning off unwanted QBs all the time. Why not us?

Clevenads have the most cap space to work with. They could take on TTs contract just to hit the cap minimum. If Bradford was traded for a 1st then we should get a 1st for Tyrod too. Teams get rich pawning off unwanted QBs all the time. Why not us?

Bradford deal might open teams eyes to not spending as much. Still, could be worth a second.

Edited by Elite Poster

If cleveland really wants him they will probably offer something, if he hits fa he will probably choose to go somewhere else unless they way overpay in which case his current contract will be cheaper. Not sure about a first but i could see a second or third or multiple mid rounders. bradford got a first and i dont think hes much better

Why wouldn't Cleveland just wait until we cut him?

This was just written in Bleacher, the report says their interest is in Tyrod as a FA

I get the feeling that if the Bills can't trade Tyrod they will keep him. And if other teams are interested, which there

probably are some, Cleveland would want to trade for him to make sure they get him, and get him at

a manageable rate for a QB of his caliber. If he hits the market they will have competition and costs

could go up.

Edited by purple haze

Would you trade Tyrod's Option to Cleveland for the 33rd overall pick?

I would make that trade all day long.

The issue is that I believe the Bills are going to see what they can get before making their choice at QB (either keeping TT or signing a FA/cut QB) - so I am not sure that Cleveland will be interested at the right time.

The trade makes sense before the FA market opens, but if Cleveland or Buffalo lands someone - then the trade most likely becomes less important and Cleveland can wait to either try to Sign Tyrod as a FA or Buffalo will keep him.

Edited by Rochesterfan

If cleveland really wants him they will probably offer something, if he hits fa he will probably choose to go somewhere else unless they way overpay in which case his current contract will be cheaper. Not sure about a first but i could see a second or third or multiple mid rounders. bradford got a first and i dont think hes much better

That's my point. If he hits FA he's the 2nd best available QB behind Romo, regardless of what those here may think of him. Not every fanbase is disgusted by just average QB play, some would gladly take it. The likelihood is high Tyrod decides to go somewhere other than Cleveland or his price tag could change dramatically with multiple teams bidding for his services. There's a certain sense of control in trading for him, though I think the 33rd pick is pretty aggressive.

Others have stated Cleveland is taking their time, but if people honestly believe Haslam isn't going to get an itchy trigger figure on Hue or the Harvard boys if they go 1-15 you are kidding yourself. Just like the 76ers with Hinkie the Browns would get to a level where they are such a national embarrassment there would be several very hot seats. No one wants to put themselves in that position, regardless of "building the right way".

not a bad plan,if any of those are considered an upgrade. If all four are there at ten,who ya taking,and why?

If all 4 are there it's a tough decision for me. Kizer is out at 10. I'm an ND fan, but I would take one of the other 3 if available. Trubisky is intriguing, but I am scared with only a year's worth of starts under his belt. He's out imo. My stance on Mahomes has softened a bit. Watched some more videos of the guy and I think my initial assessment of him being another Tyrod is wrong. He throws all over the field and fairly accurate where Tyrod does not consistently. I don't think Mahomes gets away with some of those throws he makes in college once he gets in the NFL. I do like his confidence though. He is a boom or bust kind of pick. He'll have games that have you saying "holy sh*t!!!". Some for good reasons then others for not so good reasons. 10 though?Ehhhhh, idk. I like Watson's swag at the position. He's a winner. He put up numbers. He rises to the occasion. He is not perfect and he has made some bad decisions, but overall I think he is the best prospect of the class. I think he can be a really good QB. His ceiling is probably Cam Newton-esque, but he's not as big as Cam of course. If I have to choose I'm taking Watson at 10.

What did TT drag out? TT didn't even stand up to the team

and make any serious waves about holding out when he was playing on a baby contract. Whaley and company decided to negotiate out of good faith and now they are taking the decision up the deadline.

he and his agent? should he of held out? I just don't see him as the type to muddy the water. maybe his agent feels they can get equal money elsewhere, it's not like it's top money, more like middle of the pack.

wasn't it out there that they could restructure the deal to where he would be basically be getting the same salary minus the bonuses?

I guess that's the negotiating part but you wouldn't think a little $3 million ($3,100,000 option bonus) bonus would hold you back. somebody is dragging it out, if not whaley and McD, it must be taylors agent?

clock is ticking

my gut tells me he's gone...

I get the feeling that if the Bills can't trade Tyrod they will keep him. And if other teams are interested, which there

probably are some, Cleveland would want to trade for him to make sure they get him, and get him at

a manageable rate for a QB of his caliber. If he hits the market they will have competition and costs

could go up.

With that logic our patience in the approaching deadline makes sense. Negotiations don't normally happen quickly (ala McCoy). If Tyrod does leave I hope he doesn't leave here for zilch.

here's the link that should have started this thread off

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/62071/Report--Browns-ready-to-pounce-on-Tyrod-Taylor/Default.aspx

so the post asserts that the Browns would make him a starter?! If Whaley can't get trade value out of this he needs to be shown the door

Edited by stuvian

You beytcha! But why would they do that when they can have him for nothing if the Bills cut him? (I know the Browns)

Because they would have him then, if the Bills release him he can demand more money and end up on a different team, it's all about locking in his rights.

I would love for the Bills to go after Cleveland's top pick, give them Tyrod and our pick 10 to move up then grab DW.

here's the link that should have started this thread off

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/62071/Report--Browns-ready-to-pounce-on-Tyrod-Taylor/Default.aspx

so the post asserts that the Browns would make him a starter?! If Whaley can't get trade value out of this he needs to be shown the door

be very interesting to see it transpire and what the end result will be? he is already, or should be, treading on thin ice imo.

my thing is, who the hell is going under center??

Lot of the same inaccurate statement concerning lack of leverage. Doesn't matter if 99% of the league thinks we will cut him. We still have the leverage if a team wants to prevent him from hitting the open market. Eagles were going to cut McCoy eventually. Bills didn't want him to hit the market. Trading for Taylor's rights, if you really like him as your starting QB, I would say is worth a 2nd, worth going after more if possible.

Edited by KzooMike