We Have Our Franchise QB

Gugny

We rank #3 in the NFL in touchdowns per game right now. Not much room for improvement unless people here think that bringing a rookie QB is going to take this offense to NFL record-setting levels. So imagine how awesome this team is going to look when we don't score more TD's next season but have 15 more INT's from the QB position.

Much easier to fall off thag cliff though hitching your wagon to a QB that cant consistently have good football games with his arm.

Put it this way week 1 shady tears a knee you dont think scoring is going to fall off a cliff.

But you took that chance hitching the next two years to a QB that struggles throwing the ball and taking an offense on His back

How quickly we forget...last year Cinncy at home he laid an egg, Jacksonville in England he had 4 picks. Fine hard working young man competent 3rd stringer.

And still avgs 23ppg on point off a TT led bills offense Edited by MAJBobby

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Much easier to fall off thag cliff though hitching your wagon to a QB that cant consistently have good football games with his arm.

Put it this way week 1 shady tears a knee you dont think scoring is going to fall off a cliff.

But you took that chance hitching the next two years to a QB that struggles throwing the ball and taking an offense on His back

Mike G is averaging about 6ypc. Our slob of a rookie RB last season put up how many TD's? Shady makes this offense click, but he's also expendable.

And still avgs 23ppg on point off a TT led bills offense

Can you please provide the link to the statistics that shows EJ Manual averaged 23 points a game for a season?

Refresh my memory didn't his college coach say that he wouldn't be much of an NFL player before we decided we knew more than the man watching him everyday at practice and drafted him.

Jimbo denied it - guess you have to decide who to believe...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000406584/article/jimbo-fisher-denies-badmouthing-ej-manuel-to-nfl-teams

Can you please provide the link to the statistics that shows EJ Manual averaged 23 points a game for a season?

What a nonsensical comment. You do know the difference between apples and oranges, right?

Next question - do you think the Bills' scoring this year was more due to TT or Shady and TD Mike?

Compare the running game (even minus TT's stats) now to 2013-2014.

Two games, one of which came against the Jags.

It's funny b/c people talk about garbage time stats here with this offense, but last year's game against the Jags was one heaping pile of garbage time trash as the Jags played prevent defense from the 2nd quarter on since they were up by about 3 scores (b/c of EJ and EJ alone).

EJ is good for about a turnover a game, at least. His total TD/total turnover ratio is as bad as it gets.

Two games, one of which came against the Jags.

It's funny b/c people talk about garbage time stats here with this offense, but last year's game against the Jags was one heaping pile of garbage time trash as the Jags played prevent defense from the 2nd quarter on since they were up by about 3 scores (b/c of EJ and EJ alone).

EJ is good for about a turnover a game, at least. His total TD/total turnover ratio is as bad as it gets.

So we cherry pick 2 games and compare that to an entire season.. :thumbsup:

Glennon is the exact same age as TT: 27.

People think Tyrod is like 32 yrs old apparently.

Only a handful of teams in the NFL have scored more TD's than the Bills since 2015. Scoring can't be ignored. Tyrod has 23 TD's this season between passing/rushing, putting him in the top HALF in the NFL in scoring for QB's (all while having the least turnovers for any NFL QB).

Almost

Tied with Newton and Palmer with total TDs at 16th.

Tied with Prescott(8) behind Kaepernick(6) and Brady(2) for least turnovers.

Not the biggest TT fan but he certainly does take care of the football. Definitely one of his strengths.

Almost

Not the biggest TT fan but he certainly does take care of the football. Definitely one of his strengths.

Kaep and Brady both missed considerable portions of the season. That said I believe he is 2nd in the league when it comes to turnovers per drive at 0.06.

Glennon is the exact same age as TT: 27.

People think Tyrod is like 32 yrs old apparently.

Only a handful of teams in the NFL have scored more TD's than the Bills since 2015. Scoring can't be ignored. Tyrod has 23 TD's this season between passing/rushing, putting him in the top HALF in the NFL in scoring for QB's (all while having the least turnovers for any NFL QB).

I don't want a running QB, I want a tall, pocket-passer with the feel and presence of a QB who can move WITHIN the pocket, not break contain....as for least turnovers, yeah, that would be great if he was also throwing into coverage, leading receivers open, and tossing for a ton of TDs, but he's not doing any of those things....it's easy to keep the turnovers low when you're not taking calculated chances...foolish is one thing, brave is another.

Almost

Kaep shouldnt count as he has a good amount of fewer games. I forgot about Brady! Thanks for correction.

See, Gugny starts a thread like this where he is obviously trolling but then expects us to take him seriously in his discourse on other topics, like Tyrod. What is the point of spending so much time on this website if people can't even tell when you're serious or when you're kidding.

:thumbsup:

There are lots of trolls around here.

http://www.bestmastersdegrees.com/smartest-players/

EJ scored a 28

Peyton Manning scored a 28.

'Nuff said.

It's EJ Time!!

In all seriousness, if you look at EJs stats over his first 15 games and joe montana'a during that same time, EJ beats him In every category.

That's why I have been saying we need to re-sign EJ and bring back Nate Hackett who really had a knack for putting EJ in a position to succeed, similar to what bill Walsh did in San Fran. Maybe sign EJ to a 3 year/$24m deal, which would be pretty team friendly.

In all seriousness, if you look at EJs stats over his first 15 games and joe montana'a during that same time, EJ beats him In every category.

That's why I have been saying we need to re-sign EJ and bring back Nate Hackett who really had a knack for putting EJ in a position to succeed, similar to what bill Walsh did in San Fran. Maybe sign EJ to a 3 year/$24m deal, which would be pretty team friendly.

Insane in the membrane. You're kidding right? In the same spirit as the original poster?

Any chance at all Jones is ready next year kinda like Prescott for Cowboys? Was Prescott rated that much higher than Jones coming out of college?

sure there is a chance. They were both considered projects but Dak started for 4 or 5 years. I think Dak's question marks were more the offensive system he played in. Lots of Tebow comparisons. Cardale's are more about lack of experience. He didn't fit the offensive system he played in, and is more of a pro style QB - but still has a lack of time playing in one.

YES - Prescott was a MUCH better QB in college. Cardale was the 3rd stringer at OSU but played due to injury.

Dak was a dominant force in his Junior(? second to last) year at Mississippi State.

Plus he showed continuing progression/improvement as a passer year over year. Thats what should catch the evaluators eye. Either he is getting better because of the level of competition or he is one of those guys who just keeps improving at the next level regardless of the step up in the degree of difficulty. Looks like DP fell into the last mentioned group. Thats pretty rare so I don't know if teams can be faulted for passing on him, even though if drafted in 2017 he'd be the first player off the board. On the other hand maybe the guys who get to pull the trigger are too conservative (except for Doug who seems to like to roll the dice, ala EJ in the first type thing).

As one of the biggest EJ guys on the board, this is his swan song. He is the definition of class and I believe it is a gesture to hopefully help him get a good job next year.

But it will remain embarrassing how he was handled since he was drafted by us. Getting a first time NFL OC as both his OC and QB coach (from that powerhouse Cuse though!). Then benching him after 14 games. Embarrassing. The best thing that happened to Tyrod was not to be drafted by us. We would have ruined him.

You guys laugh, but Buddy was on record numerous times saying EJ was raw and a 4-5 year project. He was suppose to develop behind Kolb, but instead he developed behind TT. It's EJ time!

So they drafted a guy that they anticipated would go through his entire rookie contract and not be ready? They were going to sign him to what sort of extension then with no resume?

This is where the hyperbole comes back around. They didn't think a guy that started 40 plus games at Florida State was 5 years from playing, maybe 1 or 2 but not 4 or 5.

As one of the biggest EJ guys on the board, this is his swan song. He is the definition of class and I believe it is a gesture to hopefully help him get a good job next year.

But it will remain embarrassing how he was handled since he was drafted by us. Getting a first time NFL OC as both his OC and QB coach (from that powerhouse Cuse though!). Then benching him after 14 games. Embarrassing. The best thing that happened to Tyrod was not to be drafted by us. We would have ruined him.

I agree with this as well.

See, Gugny starts a thread like this where he is obviously trolling but then expects us to take him seriously in his discourse on other topics, like Tyrod. What is the point of spending so much time on this website if people can't even tell when you're serious or when you're kidding.

If you paid closer attention, you'd know.

Also, you'd know that I've been an EJ guy since he was drafted so to you, Koolaid and Super Dave Osborne - I'm not trolling.

The same people who proclaimed that EJ "sucks," after 14 starts in 2 years are the same people who are saying that "we still haven't seen Tyrod's ceiling."

But Tyrod is entering his SEVENTH season next year and has had twice as many starts as EJ.

Before you "go there," I'll go all 8-Mile on you and save you the trouble:

EJ had a horrible 4-minutes vs. the Jags in a loss.

EJ threw a horrible pick-6 to JJ Watt vs. the Texans in a loss.

Mic drop.

What else ya got? For a guy who was in the league for 2 years and had 14 total starts?

Nothing. That's what.

Tyrod Taylor is "this close" from being dumb enough to collect state benefits for life. He "led" the team to a passing offense ranked 31 out of 32 (that's not good, Dave. You're welcome). He can't read a defense. He has no pocket presence. If he chooses to throw the ball more than 10 feet in the air, his consistency is horrible. He's only successful with the home run balls on the sidelines ... OH ... which NEVER happen when we NEED A TOUCHDOWN.

EJ is smart. He is mobile. He is accurate. Is he perfect? No. But he's never had the chance to raise his game.

Until now.

Whaley's guy. Whaley's choice for HC. EJ will be the starter on week 1 2017. Take it to the bank. (That's a place where you deposit/withdraw money, Dave).

Go Bills!

Edited by Gugny

EJ Manuel.

Whaley drafted him in the first round for a reason.

Whaley is staying.

EJ will stay. Tyrod will go.

The way it was supposed to be before the Pegulas picked Rex and he brought in Tyrod - BOTH of whom have proven to be nothing but the wrong choice.

It's EJ time, baby.

Is this thing on? Well it's gonna be on.

GO BILLS!

EJ will be gone as well. The only reason he is starting this last game is because if Taylor gets hurt, it will cost the Bills 30 million. Get a grip.

5 year projects don't get drafted in the first round. If the Bills FO really felt he needed years to develop then he shoudl have been a fifth round pick.

We have seen enough of EJ. Great kid. So is TT. I would be happy to bring EJ back as a back-up because I doubt Jones will ever develop.

Gungy doubling down... Make that going all in on stupidity... The constant overthrows out of bounds and the standing fetal position sacks he takes is not indicative of accuracy or mobility. Sunday will be the last time we see him in a Bills uniform.

Gungy doubling down... Make that going all in on stupidity... The constant overthrows out of bounds and the standing fetal position sacks he takes is not indicative of accuracy or mobility. Sunday will be the last time we see him in a Bills uniform.

We talking bout EJ Manuel or Tyrod Taylor vs Raiders 28th ranked defense ?

If you paid closer attention, you'd know.

Also, you'd know that I've been an EJ guy since he was drafted so to you, Koolaid and Super Dave Osborne - I'm not trolling.

The same people who proclaimed that EJ "sucks," after 14 starts in 2 years are the same people who are saying that "we still haven't seen Tyrod's ceiling."

But Tyrod is entering his SEVENTH season next year and has had twice as many starts as EJ.

Before you "go there," I'll go all 8-Mile on you and save you the trouble:

EJ had a horrible 4-minutes vs. the Jags in a loss.

EJ threw a horrible pick-6 to JJ Watt vs. the Texans in a loss.

Mic drop.

What else ya got? For a guy who was in the league for 2 years and had 14 total starts?

Nothing. That's what.

Tyrod Taylor is "this close" from being dumb enough to collect state benefits for life. He "led" the team to a passing offense ranked 31 out of 32 (that's not good, Dave. You're welcome). He can't read a defense. He has no pocket presence. If he chooses to throw the ball more than 10 feet in the air, his consistency is horrible. He's only successful with the home run balls on the sidelines ... OH ... which NEVER happen when we NEED A TOUCHDOWN.

EJ is smart. He is mobile. He is accurate. Is he perfect? No. But he's never had the chance to raise his game.

Until now.

Whaley's guy. Whaley's choice for HC. EJ will be the starter on week 1 2017. Take it to the bank. (That's a place where you deposit/withdraw money, Dave).

Go Bills!

I agree with you