Tyrod to remain starter

What a Tuel

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, even the Niners were smart enough to avoid playing a guy until Kaep decided he wanted to play even if it meant negotiating that clause out of his contract.

Bills move forward with fingers crossed.

man , it is going to ugly at the stadium this week...trying to convince myself to go...pretty much had the bags packed, but rethinking that with this assinine decison. And for me, it is really all about that injury guarantee...why risk 16M in cap next year with a scrawny, run first QB that could have a 12 month injury.

I wonder if the Bills buy insurance to offset/cover injuries? In other words, if Tyrod blows a knee and gets his full payment I wonder if an insurer would actually be on the hook for the full payment and not the Bills.

Some teams do it, but I think it's usually only for premier players.

I don't know why anyone really expected them to switch. Tyrod is far from what we want as a franchise QB, but he's the best chance to win out by a longshot. If these three games show progress in the passing games, which truly should be the only focus of the offense and yet probably won't be, then they are picking up that option. No rookies are coming out of this draft with first year starter potential at QB. It's loaded with WR and OL help though and there are two elite safety prospects in the 1st. These are the areas to address. Ergo, they will roll into 16/17 with a vet (Tyrod), a project (Cardale) and a back-up vet (Cutler?) and load up on other key areas. Not happy, but not even close to surprised

This tells me everybody is getting pink slips.

Ryan and Taylor get to play out the year.

If Whaley were to stick around, you'd see Cardale Jones out there, Tyrod Taylor in Griffin-wrap and an interim coach.

To me, the lack of input from the FO or the owners is deafening.

I don't know why anyone really expected them to switch. Tyrod is far from what we want as a franchise QB, but he's the best chance to win out by a longshot.

Not true, and a horrible take. I'm sick of seeing this same exact bullcrap argument posted. He's not good. He's marginally better than the other options at best. It's time to move on.

Cleveland, Miami, and the Jets all with back-up QB's playing. A nice 3 wins to finish the season and I can hear it already...

"Let's build on this momentum for next year"

No doubt. Taylor will finally throw for 300 yards against the winless Browns at home and I'm going to have to sit here and read all about it for an entire offseason.

If Whaley were to stick around, you'd see Cardale Jones out there, Tyrod Taylor in Griffin-wrap and an interim coach.

Interesting take.

I hope you are right.

I'm not following this. You're saying that the lack of front office input means...everyone in the front office already knows Rex is gone at the end of the year, so what's the point?

I don't know why anyone really expected them to switch. Tyrod is far from what we want as a franchise QB, but he's the best chance to win out by a longshot. If these three games show progress in the passing games, which truly should be the only focus of the offense and yet probably won't be, then they are picking up that option. No rookies are coming out of this draft with first year starter potential at QB. It's loaded with WR and OL help though and there are two elite safety prospects in the 1st. These are the areas to address. Ergo, they will roll into 16/17 with a vet (Tyrod), a project (Cardale) and a back-up vet (Cutler?) and load up on other key areas. Not happy, but not even close to surprised

Who the hell wants that!?

Stupid is as stupid does. We are out of Playoffs ya have a kid who hopefully has shown enough in practice since ya drafted him. Give him a chance and see if any live action makes us forget about TT and move on

Whaley has already said they are not going to start Jones this year, still too raw to be thrown out to the wolves. It's only the Super smart fanbase with no knowledge of what's been going on in practice that assumes he should be ready to sink or swim because they have to know before the offseason

Whaley has already said they are not going to start Jones this year, still too raw to be thrown out to the wolves. It's only the Super smart fanbase with no knowledge of what's been going on in practice that assumes he should be ready to sink or swim because they have to know before the offseason

There are 3 quarterbacks on the roster.

This offense works cause of Taylor's ability to get out of harms way... Sometimes too early I know. Don't know about Cardale but this much is true EJ would be taking sack after sack and we wouldn't be close to putting up highest points average in 25 years with him. I kind of am perplexed we have people loving Lynn and hating Tyrod..... This Offense doesn't work with anyone else on this roster other than Tyrod... If next year we want to go more conventional than we need to get a QB at that point.. Maybe Romo for a year and take some shots in the draft...

https://twitter.com/JaySkurski/status/808426258396749825

#Bills coach Rex Ryan says QB Tyrod Taylor will remain the starting quarterback.

Well it should be, he is the best QB on the roster. If they are not going to keep him though, I would have liked to see EJ get some game time to earn a chance at a contract from someone next year just because he never complained, worked hard, and had some good moments. So be cool to see if he could do anything these last 3 games, but IMO TT is still the better QB on the roster.

If TT gets injured and we cut him with an injury settlement do we still just get that minimum dead cap space hit or are we on the hook for all that bonus money he would be owed? Cause I don't care if the Pegulas lose millions on their bad investment, but I would care if it messed up our cap.

I wonder if he's still playing because the Bills are still mathematically alive. Because I'm a glutton for punishment, I was able to get the NY Times playoff calculator to show the Bills in the playoffs. It has the Broncos, Ravens, and Dolphins falling apart for this to happen. That part's OK. The part that I have trouble with is it requires Buffalo to win the last three games. Not happening.

No, it's the super smart fan base that says if TT gets hurt in one of these 3 MEANINGLESS games, he hamstrings our cap next year. Or are you saying you are 100% certain you want TT to be the starter next year, and 100% the Bills should exercise the option. Cause that's what you are doing if he gets hurt.

And lets not forget, the same guy you quote as saying Jones to raw, also said this week he is not ready to commit to TT as the starter. So can't have it both ways.