Will Tyrod Start vs. The Browns? Rex answers "We'll See"

26CornerBlitz

That was a qualified "We'll see."

Rex was flustered after getting barraged with tough questions about his future, various failures this year, etc.

He followed the "We'll see" up with some comments suggesting he was just being glib.

The "We'll see" was more like: "You think I'm going to discuss that sort of thing right NOW after a bad loss? Forget it!"

At least that was my interpretation.

It just totally sucks that we have to talk about a complete re-boot yet again instead of who's coming to Orchard park for round one of the playoffs.

This chat site gets its rocks off watching people get fired. I hate it. I miss having continuity and a chance at winning.

Probably gonna be an ugly off-season and false hopes for yet another season next year.

Yea, I am VERY frustrated.

I don't hate Tyrod Taylor, but I think we've seen enough to know that he isn't good enough to be an NFL starting QB. Still, I wouldn't want to see Cardale Jones thrown to the wolves after a season of getting very very few reps in practice and coming from college with 10 starts to his name. I think that would be a monumental mistake.

It just totally sucks that we have to talk about a complete re-boot yet again instead of who's coming to Orchard park for round one of the playoffs.

This chat site gets its rocks off watching people get fired. I hate it. I miss having continuity and a chance at winning.

Probably gonna be an ugly off-season and false hopes for yet another season next year.

You like continuity of failure? You musta loved jauron

here here! :thumbsup:

I don't hate Tyrod Taylor, but I think we've seen enough to know that he isn't good enough to be an NFL starting QB. Still, I wouldn't want to see Cardale Jones thrown to the wolves after a season of getting very very few reps in practice and coming from college with 10 starts to his name. I think that would be a monumental mistake.

Cardale has been practing all year and been in meetings, etc. If they put him in then they have seen enough to think he can be successful enough. But even if Jones does play, no matter how he looks, they should still be drafting another QB and bringing in a veteran to compete with him.

I agree with you.

Unless a coach leads this team to an AWFUL record (like 5 or 6 more losses than expected), I want to see ANY coach get 3 years.

I wouldn't want to see that either. But it's the Browns, you know, more like a litter of Golden Retriever puppies! :)

(Now watch them rack up 8 sacks on us to go with 6 picks. --- I'm KIDDING)

I really like trod Taylor a lot. He hasn't shown the ability to get the ball out quickly.

I don't know if that is a skill that people develop or not. I know Losman and Johnson did not although TT has a much better line than they did. If I could convince myself he could improve in that one area....because I think throws to the middle will follow....I'd be behind him. I just don't know though. I have doubts.

With Rex I have no such doubt. His demands for defensive personnel are excessive and he still cannot make it work after years. He has to give up on that crap defense or he has to leave.

Cardale has been practing all year and been in meetings, etc. If they put him in then they have seen enough to think he can be successful enough. But even if Jones does play, no matter how he looks, they should still be drafting another QB and bringing in a veteran to compete with him.

2nd string QBs don't get many practice reps in-season, 3rd stringers get mainly scout team reps. Cardale has talent that I don't want to see destroyed by playing him way too soon. He showed last season in college that he was not ready to be a starter. If NCAA defenses can stop him, what's gonna happen in the NFL?

Play EJ- see if he is good enough to be your number 2. Keep developing Cardale and scour for a number 1 qb.

I actually liked Phil Simms idea. Go with a passing offense the next couple of games. The Browns a HS QB should put up good numbers against. Then the Dolphins and Jets should be a decent test of a passing oriented offense. Lynn should call no more than 22 running plays in each game. Let's see if TT can see wide open WR's when he is told that he needs to run the game and use the running game as a complement or at least 50/50.

Not just because I'm a Bills fan, I feel bad for TT. He seems like a good dude and he would have been a good leader for us. Too bad he hasn't been able to progress as a passer.

I agree, and he still may (somewhere). But not for $27 mil.

Not just because I'm a Bills fan, I feel bad for TT. He seems like a good dude and he would have been a good leader for us. Too bad he hasn't been able to progress as a passer.

I've been critical of TT's play. He misses wide open receivers and never throws, locks onto guys, etc. But, Simms made a good point. He really does not throw the ball enough to get in a rhythm. RB's need a rhythm. Let's see TT air it out the next few games. Yes, the opponents are not great, but if he keeps missing open guys, that will be very telling.

I agree, and he still may (somewhere). But not for $27 mil.

I think the Bills can restructure that. No way he will get that elsewhere. And he would still have a shot at starting here because EJ will be gone, Jones is a ??; and whoever we draft is a ??.

I actually liked Phil Simms idea. Go with a passing offense the next couple of games. The Browns a HS QB should put up good numbers against. Then the Dolphins and Jets should be a decent test of a passing oriented offense. Lynn should call no more than 22 running plays in each game. Let's see if TT can see wide open WR's when he is told that he needs to run the game and use the running game as a complement or at least 50/50.

Playing QB is at it's easiest when you have a successful running game that D's have to respect. TT sees stacked boxes every game and can't take advantage of it.

What makes anybody think he could be successful without that advantage?

He's good guy to have if your starter is out...Solid backup for an established guy like Cousins, Luck, or *(gulp) -Flacco!

Ditto

Only in Buffalo.

it would actually be a huge story in Cleveland and Cbus. It's his hometown, he was a big browns fan, he wanted to go there, many of their fans wanted him, and they didn't take him. There isn't much left to talk about with the Browns that hasn't already been said but Cardale starting his first game vs the Browns would awaken the masses and get them all riled up again. Edited by YoloinOhio

Rex's 'D' gets its butt kicked; Tyrod should not see field again for #Bills. @JaySkurski's Hot Read at [bN] Blitz: http://bit.ly/2gPiOiz

From Skurski's article: " Playing Taylor the rest of the way exposes him to the risk of injury. If that happens, his contract option for next year is guaranteed."

If this is true, and you've decided you were not going to pick up the option, why would you let him sniff the field the last three games

In 4 quarters from behind - from what I could see on TV:

- Zero TT rollouts

- Zero Deep balls thrown

- Zero Deep routes even run (that I could see)

- Olympic Sprinter Goodwin playing

- Sammy Watkins playing

- Clay playing

- Wind 3 mph

TT:

Known to throw very well on the run

Known to have the prettiest and most accurate deep ball in the NFL

Best running QB in the NFL

So, Keep him in the pocket, throwing underneath, even down 3 scores.

Whoever is responsible for this should just walk out of New Era and not turn around.

It's really not much harder than this...