Fred Jackson's restaurant is open - SEAR Buffalo

YoloinOhio

Not after he sold us up the river for the big lights of Seattle and that money grab. Ill stick to Tempo, thank you.

You believe the nerve of this guy! Leave us high and dry, and then come back and expect us to forget and go to his little restaurant! No thanks!

Not after he sold us up the river for the big lights of Seattle and that money grab. Ill stick to Tempo, thank you.

Plus you get all the inside info from the waiters who see the clandestine after hours meetups with Buddy Nix...

Are you guys serious that McGee and Moorman are also part owners with Jackson? Those are like my 3 favorite bills of the last decade.

McGee lived in the same building (the Avant) as the Embassy Suites when he played for the Bills. Maybe he still does and can keep an eye on his investment.

I stayed at the Embassy for Pats weekend and SEAR looked open. I asked the bartender at the evening reception about it and she said some steaks go for $95.

I've heard that before ans assume it to be true. Nice coincidence!

http://buffalonews.com/2016/11/01/downtown-steakhouse-sear-sets-opening/

"The restaurants backers include former Buffalo Bills Fred Jackson, Brian Moorman and Terrence McGee, and businessmen David Anderson of HealthNow, LoVullo Associates David Pietrowski, and Ron Raccuia of AdPro Sports."

SEAR me some ribeye or strip steak...I'll pass on buffalo.

And yes, Jackson was cut by Whaley/Rex so anyone who thinks he dissed Buffalo is clueless.

I'm hungry.

Love Fred

Love strip steaks too. But i finally found a guy/chef who trims dry aged rib eyes in front of you to take home !!

Best wishes to the restaurant !

But I SEAR as well as any of them. well maybe

WOW Chophouse prices! So $50-$80/plate or more and a salad is extra? Sides extra too? Fred is really bleeding his customers. No thanks

I'll stick with Russell's

At most high-end steak joints you have to order your sides and/or salad separate. I went to Gibson's in Chicago years ago, and we all ordered a baked potato on the side. The waiter kindly advised us that one baked potato could be shared by all 4 people. The think came to our table and was the size of a football!

WOW Chophouse prices! So $50-$80/plate or more and a salad is extra? Sides extra too? Fred is really bleeding his customers. No thanks

I'll stick with Russell's

Looks in line with most high-end steak joints, even in Buffalo.

I could guide you to some very nice places for a little less, but Sear is not out of line. Here's a menu for Kevin Rathbun's steak in Atlanta. It ain't cheap (but it's wonderful!). http://www.kevinrathbunsteak.com/uploads/3/4/1/3/34130413/krs_menu.doc

I like how it goes through the Steak Temps and the final one is "Well Done - Not Recommended"

I like how it goes through the Steak Temps and the final one is "Well Done - Not Recommended"

The chefs at the restaurant I used to work at would get soooooo pissed off if a steak order came in requesting well done. Especially if it was a filet. Why anyone would order a steak well done is beyond my understanding. From my experience as a waiter/bartender, it is usually the old women who do that. Grrrrrrrr.

He is in Buffalo

based on your posts, you are normally correct. but are you certain of this? he sold his house in hamburg last year a few months after he was cut. i saw it in the real estate transactions. never saw him buy anything else (but i only read the southtowns parts of the transactions).