Bills Awarded H-Back Dan Vitale on Waivers; Released

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not the 1st player to fail a physical recently. There have been trades voided because of the very same issue. One team's medical staff might pass a player while another might fail him.

true fact. has happened multiple time already this season

How the hell do you fail the physical at this point in the year?

Easily...the doctors look at him, if they feel there is something serious in their medical report that will prevent them from clearing him to play or that he will need to get taken care of before he can play, they fail him. Each team has a different set of guidelines for a player failing a physical, so one team might say he's OK and the other fails him...its all up to the doctor's and their opinions on how serious something is.

The physical isn't really about "Are you in shape to play", its a medical thing.

Easily...the doctors look at him, if they feel there is something serious in their medical report that will prevent them from clearing him to play or that he will need to get taken care of before he can play, they fail him. Each team has a different set of guidelines for a player failing a physical, so one team might say he's OK and the other fails him...its all up to the doctor's and their opinions on how serious something is.

The physical isn't really about "Are you in shape to play", its a medical thing.

yup - similar to the draft having different takes on guys with medical flags (or not being flagged at all by some teams). not meant to open a can of worms - just a spot that most fans are familiar with differences in med evals.

Why did we say he failed his physical? Wonder what the story is behind this. Were the Bills trying to stash him on IR or something shady and he said no so they cut him?

my tinfoil hat suspicion is that they gave him a physical and he didnt pass. once that happens, this is how you designate it.

Not that I'm saying this happened, but if I'm an NFL team and I'm going to bother having physicals guys are peeing in a cup for me. If I claim a fringe guy on waivers and he's got a hot urine during my physical it seems to me he just failed his physical.

Good point, should be warm. If it's hot something is definitely weird about the guy. 🤕

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

@TBBucaneers

Josh Keyes Promoted, Danny Vitale Returns Read More: http://bit.ly/2cf5T8O

http://bit.ly/2csJE2f

@RyanTalbotBills

Ryan Talbot Retweeted TB Buccaneers News

Vitale back with the Buccaneers on the practice squad. Failed his physical with the Bills.

Like to know what he failed on and why he is fine for Tampa? Really wanted this kid here with his versatility.

Like to know what he failed on and why he is fine for Tampa? Really wanted this kid here with his versatility.

Whaley heard you were all in on the guy and told the docs to bail him out of the newly worrisome pickup

which is why we haven't been to the playoffs in 16 yrs

Remember the player Barbarian scouted - John Skeleton - and we wanted to trade Mario for him.

That is an example why you do the opposite of what you recommend.