Reggie Bush signing 1 year deal with Bills

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started when Bart Scott put some "hot sauce" on his ankle. Scott said Reggie tried to give him a shot and he took offense. After that Rex was gonna put hot sauce on Reggie when the Jets played the Fish during his time there.

oh. Figures Bart Scott was involved!

Is it me or does it seem like Reggie Bush has had a nice helping of humble pie? He seems like the comfortable veteran already and i think he will be great to have in this backfield with Shady especially in a two back set and on 3rd downs. Roman must be licking his chops as he has to be accounted for coming out of the backfield even still as he can still run. Liking it a lot good low risk pick up.

@AdamBenigni

#Bills Reggie Bush: "I had to remind some people that I still got it." Interview and story at 10&11 @wgrz

I think I need some more reminding. I have to say I haven't paid a whole lot of attention to Reggie Bush over the last few years, so when I saw that the Bills signed him I instinctively thought "well, at least he'll add a big play threat." But then I looked at this: longest gain from scrimmage by year (I won't count last year):

2014: 28 yards. That's on 76 rushes and 40 receptions

2013: 77 yards

2012: 65 yards

2011: 76 yards

And his last kick/punt return of over 16 yards was in .... 2010. That's a long time ago (but admittedly very few attempts since then too)

So while I'm not going to get all worked up about signing an aging 3rd down type running back and occasional (and probably not very good) punt returner, I'm definitely not expecting a whole lot from a 31 year old back coming off a major injury who last showed any explosiveness in 2013.

The back of my #22 jersey says JACKSON and that's the only person that should be wearing it. Especially when the real 22 is available on the market. They certainly wouldn't give 34 to Sammy Morris or Antowain Smith back in the day. Bad form

The back of my #22 jersey says JACKSON and that's the only person that should be wearing it. Especially when the real 22 is available on the market. They certainly wouldn't give 34 to Sammy Morris or Antowain Smith back in the day. Bad form

We all love Fred, but come on, Thurman was an all-time great.

We all love Fred, but come on, Thurman was an all-time great.

Well said. Fredex is the only jersey I own, but I'm fine with Bush wearing 22 if that is his number since college. The only number I'm aware we retired is Bruce's number. I'm not sure how to even search other numbers retired by the Bills.

Let's just hope he can have some electric punt returns and maybe once worked into Roman's system can add a couple of interesting plays with two back sets.

This has gone beyond crazy.

Well said. Fredex is the only jersey I own, but I'm fine with Bush wearing 22 if that is his number since college. The only number I'm aware we retired is Bruce's number. I'm not sure how to even search other numbers retired by the Bills.

Let's just hope he can have some electric punt returns and maybe once worked into Roman's system can add a couple of interesting plays with two back sets.

He wore #5 at USC. Regardless, it's not a big deal that he's wearing #22 with the Bills. Is it Bush league? Nope. Not at all.

The Fred Jackson ship has SAILED. Let it go! As for #22 - he's not Thurman Thomas. I respect Fred and he gave us some good years. But in no way was he a "retire the number" player. I'm not even sure he's 'Wall of Fame' material.

He made something out of nothing. But he never had the quickness and shiftiness that Reggie Bush has. Even at the age Reggie is now.

If he went to Seattle last year and managed to play well, i'd understand. But he proved Whaley's point. Marshawn was hurt and Fred still slid down the depth chart.

He's done. The team was done with him well over a year ago. Move on. Are you a fan of the Buffalo Bills or just a fan of Fred Jackson?

Freddie was a nice player, but that's all.

They gave 56 away after Darryl Talley, 90 away after Phil Hansen, 94 away after Mario, 80 away after Lofton, etc.

Freddie doesn't hold a candle to those guys.

Man, you must have been fuming then when Lee Evans wore #83

CBF

Freddie was a nice player, but that's all.

They gave 56 away after Darryl Talley, 90 away after Phil Hansen, 94 away after Mario, 80 away after Lofton, etc.

Freddie doesn't hold a candle to those guys.

All great points. I think you could have left out 94 though. You just named three legendary Bills, and one guy who quit on the team. I doubt anyone around is nostalgic over the number 94. Great talent? Yes. Great Buffalo Bill? No. Freddie is a far greater Bill than 94.

Man, you must have been fuming then when Lee Evans wore #83

CBF

Andre gave permission:

When Lee Evans came to the Bills as a number one draft choice in 2004, he was issued number 84. Having worn jersey number 3 at Wisconsin, Evans knew that was not an option by league rule for a receiver. But being Lee Evans III and having worn 3 in some form on his jersey his whole football career he wanted 83.

"Basically we don't use those numbers again until we check with Mr. Wilson," Hojnowski said. "After getting the okay there I also did have to place a call to San Diego to Andre and tell him myself, 'Look as a courtesy I'm letting you know that we're issuing your number.' So he asked me who and I told him it was Lee Evans and he said, 'Okay, he'll do the number proud.'"

All great points. I think you could have left out 94 though. You just named three legendary Bills, and one guy who quit on the team. I doubt anyone around is nostalgic over the number 94. Great talent? Yes. Great Buffalo Bill? No. Freddie is a far greater Bill than 94.

+1000