Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

The attached WGR link is Paul Hamilton's observation after watching Guhle in Rochester. He also made some positive comments about Casey Nelson. He offered some proposals for a deal for Carolina's defenseman, Hanifin. If you want talent you have to give up talent. The names he mentioned are upcoming players for us.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/guhle-looks-good-rochester

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The attached WGR link is Paul Hamilton's observation after watching Guhle in Rochester. He also made some positive comments about Casey Nelson. He offered some proposals for a deal for Carolina's defenseman, Hanifin. If you want talent you have to give up talent. The names he mentioned are upcoming players for us.

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/news/guhle-looks-good-rochester

Both Borgen and Fitzgerald have been pleasant surprises this season. I didn't expect much from either of them, considering where they were drafted. But they've definitely exceeded expectations. Hopefully they can continue on this development path.

Was listening to WGR this morning and Jeremy stated that his sources are telling him that Eichel and other players threw Bylsma under the bus on the exit interviews with GMTM.

Pegs meeting with Murray today with Jeremy saying that it could be a day of "reckoning" and that Bylsma and/or Murray could get their walking papers.

Stay tuned.

Was listening to WGR this morning and Jeremy stated that his sources are telling him that Eichel and other players threw Bylsma under the bus on the exit interviews with GMTM.

Pegs meeting with Murray today with Jeremy saying that it could be a day of "reckoning" and that Bylsma and/or Murray could get their walking papers.

Stay tuned.

Bylsma wouldn't surprise me. You can have players dislike the coach's style, but respect him, like Toronto. I don't think the Sabres players like or respect Bylsma. It's not all on him, but I think he'll be gone...GMTM would be a surprise to me.

I'm at an ultimate level of cynicism with both teams. Bylsma has to go because Eichel is too important, but I'm not thrilled that the evidence points to a rather entitled group of young players.

Clearly it isn't working, better luck to the next guy.

@AdamBenigni

Eichel agent says no truth to reports he won't negotiate extension with #Sabres with Bylsma as coach.

#Sabres Eichel agent: "He is 100% on board" with an extension "assuming negotiations go well." Bylsma status "has nothing to do with it."

#Sabres Eichel agent:"Bottom line...He's a competitor. He's pissed his team isn't in the playoffs. He places most of the burden on himself."

Bylsma's system, guys just need to work harder, injuries, blah blah, imo half that team has no business in the NHL. Not enough talent. I think we underestimate how long it takes to build a team after the tank

That said................Toronto has a bright future

Bylsma's system, guys just need to work harder, injuries, blah blah, imo half that team has no business in the NHL. Not enough talent. I think we underestimate how long it takes to build a team after the tank

That said................Toronto has a bright future

When you watch Toronto play you realize how slow the Sabres are compared to them. Next year Bailey, Baptiste, Guhle and maybe Casey Nelson should be ready to move up to the big club. I see some of the slower players like Moulson, Franson and maybe Gorges moved out.

Last year Fowler was offered for a first round pick. Murray said no. The pick was Nylander who I like a lot. This year I don't believe that Murray would be as reluctant to trade his pick or trade down in order to get a top two pairing defenseman. It also has to be remembered that the Sabres are linked to a Russian defenseman who is currently playing in the KHL. So some additions are ready to be added to the mix.

@BuffNewsVogl

Jack Eichel read a lot of words about him today. Here are his own in a Q&A with the Sabres star.

https://t.co/4pkFuG2Lkw

Thanks for posting this. It was a good read. I really liked a lot of what Eichel said, especially this part (hopefully it'll put some of the BS rumors to rest...) -

"Eichel: ..... Like I said, it’s frustrating more than anything that I think the wrong message is being put out about me and about our organization and team. That’s why I think my agent did a good job of calling you and putting the right message forward about what my real opinions are because I want to be a Sabre and I want to be a Sabre for a long time and I want to be a part of Buffalo when we win. I know it’s an organization that is capable of doing that, and I want to be a part of it and I want to be a centerpiece of it.

"I want to be here for a long time. That’s the way I look at it. I don’t want to go anywhere else. I don’t want anybody to think that I want to be somewhere else. I want to be here, and I want to help this team win in any way that I can do that. I just want all the people there to know that".

Love hearing this! (even if it was said to please fans...lol).

Thanks for posting this. It was a good read. I really liked a lot of what Eichel said, especially this part (hopefully it'll put some of the BS rumors to rest...) -

"Eichel: ..... Like I said, it’s frustrating more than anything that I think the wrong message is being put out about me and about our organization and team. That’s why I think my agent did a good job of calling you and putting the right message forward about what my real opinions are because I want to be a Sabre and I want to be a Sabre for a long time and I want to be a part of Buffalo when we win. I know it’s an organization that is capable of doing that, and I want to be a part of it and I want to be a centerpiece of it.

"I want to be here for a long time. That’s the way I look at it. I don’t want to go anywhere else. I don’t want anybody to think that I want to be somewhere else. I want to be here, and I want to help this team win in any way that I can do that. I just want all the people there to know that".

Love hearing this! (even if it was said to please fans...lol).

I believe all of this and am glad he feels this way.

My concern is that every additional year of being mired in Murray's ineptitude will inevitably make him raise the white flag.

I believe all of this and am glad he feels this way.

My concern is that every additional year of being mired in Murray's ineptitude will inevitably make him raise the white flag.

Did you listen to any player interviews is year? Especially after they were eliminated form the playoffs and on locker clean out day?

I have heard many/most of the Sabres players say "we have a lot of talent on this team" or some variant of that phrase, and after they were eliminated from the playoffs and on locker clean out day I heard so many guys say "....that's what's so disappointing, we have so much talent in this room" or "...we have the talent in this room to be a playoff team" or "the talent's here" or other similar phrases.

That doesn't sound like a team blaming their GM... And as I've already said, I have heard multiple players compliment Tim Murray - from Evander Kane to Ryan O'Reilly to Kyle Okposo to yes, Jack Eichel (and more).

I haven't seen anything, not even as much as a rumor hinting at players blaming Murray or not liking/wanting to play for him...

Bylsma, on the other hand... It's been a shitstorm of stuff coming out about players hating his system and feeling like they can't have success in it, and how there's a big disconnect between coaches and players and lots of stuff like that.

I agree Tim Murray needs to make improvements to this team. But you seem to put all the blame on him all the time, and he doesn't deserve it. He has added a LOT of talent to is team in a short amount of time.

I'm at an ultimate level of cynicism with both teams. Bylsma has to go because Eichel is too important, but I'm not thrilled that the evidence points to a rather entitled group of young players.

Clearly it isn't working, better luck to the next guy.

I am starting to come onboard with this line of thinking. Gorges interview was rather revealing as well.

Did you listen to any player interviews is year? Especially after they were eliminated form the playoffs and on locker clean out day?

I have heard many/most of the Sabres players say "we have a lot of talent on this team"

I agree Tim Murray needs to make improvements to this team. But you seem to put all the blame on him all the time, and he doesn't deserve it. He has added a LOT of talent to is team in a short amount of time.

Players saying "they have all the talent" means nothing to me..they are not going to throw their teammates under the bus..

In terms of Murray, I think his job so far has been a "c".

Awful miss on the D corps being the biggest reason.

Can't blame for hiring Disco...thought it was right move at time . But also think he needs to can him now.

I have heard many/most of the Sabres players say "we have a lot of talent on this team" or some variant of that phrase, and after they were eliminated from the playoffs and on locker clean out day I heard so many guys say "....that's what's so disappointing, we have so much talent in this room" or "...we have the talent in this room to be a playoff team" or "the talent's here" or other similar phrases.

That doesn't sound like a team blaming their GM... And as I've already said, I have heard multiple players compliment Tim Murray - from Evander Kane to Ryan O'Reilly to Kyle Okposo to yes, Jack Eichel (and more).

I haven't seen anything, not even as much as a rumor hinting at players blaming Murray or not liking/wanting to play for him...

Bylsma, on the other hand... It's been a shitstorm of stuff coming out about players hating his system and feeling like they can't have success in it, and how there's a big disconnect between coaches and players and lots of stuff like that.

It is not players job to assess the skill level of the GM. It is the other way around. Murray is the stern authority figure in the players' chain. They see him from time to time. Fine. Bylsma is wishy washy and with them every day. They see him as ineffective. It's like the old grandpa sitting on the porch on Sunday barking out orders at the kids and their mom. They see him as knowing everything. They don't see the behind the scenes stuff where he is hitting the hooch. They don't see that he caused a lot of the problems mom deals with from day to day. Then they grow up.

Murray couldn't close the deal with Babcock.....and stop blaming the guy's wife.....he saddled Bylsma with zero defense and an erratic, volatile neck tattooed goalie who is great one day and up for a role in the latest "The Purge" sequel the next. TM is inept. At some point the players will see him proverbially passed out on the porch with an empty moonshine bottle next to him and figure out what has been going on. If it takes too long their white flags will have gone up. Pegula needs to see this and either dump him now or give the inevitable one more year to make things look fair. Anything beyond that and we are at major risk of losing the crown jewel of the franchise.

Edited by 4merper4mer

@sabresPR

General Manager Tim Murray and Head Coach Dan Bylsma have been relieved of their duties.

Now it is truly on Pegula. He messed up with Murray hire but it was easy to see why. Now we see if his NHL connections have deepened over time. Here's hoping.

I'm surprised too, even though it was nipping a problem in the bud, that doesn't usually happen.

Guess I thought he would go the route he went with the Bills... goes to show each case is unique

Interesting he is doing this since he didn't when he fired Rex. Must have gotten some advice from Boyko.

@briankoziol

#Sabres owner Terry Pegula will meet with the media Friday at 10:00am at Key Bank Ctr

It's not a bad start to the rebuild, they should be able to attract a good GM and coach. i would have liked to see GMTM see his vision through to the end, but I understand the move. GMTM went all in on McDavid as the key piece of a quick rebuild and it just didn't happen. I really want to work for the Pegula's, you always get paid well past your last working day....

Edited by ricojes

Without oversimplifying it this wasn't that difficult of a decision IMO. They didn't do a very good job. Murray had TONS of assets and he ended up with a few players. Anybody could have picked Eichel so he doesn't get credit for that. He built the war chest to rebuild and then spent it all on $.10 hookers.

Bylsma might have been worse. Add in the relationship that he and Jack have and there was no question he wouldn't be back.

These guys were tasked with a rebuild and they failed. I'm hoping that the new life will bring upon better results.