• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure.....Blame it on the fans. :thumbdown:

@BfloBizJimFink

#marcusfoligno on @BuffaloSabres ugly 1st period "it doesn't help when you get booed. It was a 1-O game and it sounded like a funeral"

The nerve. Yeah, it was a 1-0 game, but it wasn't NEARLY as close at the score indicated. The Sabres got their asses handed to them all night. How many odd man rushes in the first period alone? The boos starting pouring down when the 'Canes totally controlled the puck in our D zone for over a minute and a half. Through two periods, they had over 14 minutes of offensive zone possession. That is unheard of.

Phuck you, Foligno. Learn how to be a professional.

At the CBJ - Penguins game. Looking at < 50% Pens fans for once. Winner takes outright 1st in metropolitan

Yolo..my daughter is going to Denison next year...hopefully be up for some Denison-Kenyon swim meets and Sabres-Blue Jackets games!

The nerve. Yeah, it was a 1-0 game, but it wasn't NEARLY as close at the score indicated. The Sabres got their asses handed to them all night. How many odd man rushes in the first period alone? The boos starting pouring down when the 'Canes totally controlled the puck in our D zone for over a minute and a half. Through two periods, they had over 14 minutes of offensive zone possession. That is unheard of.

Phuck you, Foligno. Learn how to be a professional.

well, he is right, it is a funeral in there. Boys put me to sleep again last night..in a chair, on a porch, in the 40's, still put me to sleep.

Sure.....Blame it on the fans. :thumbdown:

@BfloBizJimFink

#marcusfoligno on @BuffaloSabres ugly 1st period "it doesn't help when you get booed. It was a 1-O game and it sounded like a funeral"

It is like a funeral because the team plays without spirit and without heart -- like a corpse.

The boos are because normally anyone can attend any funeral for free. The people who show up to this particular funeral actually paid to get in and they didn't expect to be attending a funeral.

Are people finally going to pay attention to the Jackets? They are on fire.

yes - finally. But, 16 years of irrelevance and bad teams has made people very skittish to actually believe they could be this good. But it was very fun to make the Pens fans sad last night! And they were well represented!

* there is hope for the Sabres. CBJ were at rock bottom like 2.5 months ago. They were terrible last year, started the season bad, and no one understood wtf Torts was doing. No one went to the games. No one cared. Now they lead the league in points, are on an 11 game win streak, and just beat the best team in hockey by 6 goals.

Yolo..my daughter is going to Denison next year...hopefully be up for some Denison-Kenyon swim meets and Sabres-Blue Jackets games!

well, he is right, it is a funeral in there. Boys put me to sleep again last night..in a chair, on a porch, in the 40's, still put me to sleep.

Denison is awesome! Granville is a great town. You will have fun in the Arena District for hockey games, it's a cool area. Edited by YoloinOhio

Pretty embarrassing when a so called non-analytic coach like torts gets so much **** from the analytic crowd about not being a good coach has his team motivated and kicking the **** out of the NHL. We have a so-called "Smart" coach and our team has no motivation To play 60 minutes....there is something seriously lacking with this team.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. IWrEWIdb_200x200.jpg

SABRES (12-12-8) at ISLANDERS (12-14-6)

FRI DEC 23, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 161)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 32 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 20 games
Cody Franson (undisclosed, Dec. 22) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/17: Activated D Taylor Fedun from IR; Assigned Fedun to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 27: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 29: Boston at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 31: Buffalo at Boston, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 3: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 5: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES AT ISLANDERS
This is second of three meetings between the Sabres and Islanders this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated New York 3-2 in Buffalo on Dec. 16
Next meeting: Sunday, April 2 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Islanders; 6-4-0 on the road.
This is the 164th game all-time between Buffalo and New York; Buffalo has an 80-60-23 series record.
The Sabres are 36-34-11 on the road against the Islanders all-time.

Morning Skate: December 23, 2016 at 11:30 am – 12:30 pm at Barclays Center

Denison is awesome! Granville is a great town. You will have fun in the Arena District for hockey games, it's a cool area.

I have never been, but she loved it on her recruiting trip there. Only thing I know of Denison was based on the swimmers who could not keep grades there and transferred to where i went , Slippery Rock....lets just say The Rock was a tad bit less challenging academically :lol:

She swims, so we will come up for the meet(s) more than parents weekend...

Edited by plenzmd1

I have never been, but she loved it on her recruiting trip there. Only thing I know of Denison was based on the swimmers who could not keep grades there and transferred to where i went , Slippery Rock....lets just say The Rock was a tad bit less challenging academically :lol:

She swims, so we will come up for the meet(s) more than parents weekend...

Jennifer Garner is a famous alum. :)

Being a Buffalo fan of the local pro sports teams, football and hockey, is tough. The problem is not having poor teams but having poor teams for so long.

Yesterday's game was a demonstration of watching a Carolina team that was energetic and motivated compared to a the Sabres that lacked energy and urgency. This was an important game for us. The opposition showed that they cared while the Sabres seem to be apathetic. Little emotion and passion. It showed. So sad.

Being a Buffalo fan of the local pro sports teams, football and hockey, is tough. The problem is not having poor teams but having poor teams for so long.

Yesterday's game was a demonstration of watching a Carolina team that was energetic and motivated compared to a the Sabres that lacked energy and urgency. This was an important game for us. The opposition showed that they cared while the Sabres seem to be apathetic. Little emotion and passion. It showed. So sad.

Bruins often play lazy and disinterested I always chalked it up to the schedule. 82 games and a fair amount of back to backs etc.

@BuffNewsVogl

The Karate Kid, Dan Bylsma and Kyle Okposo are among the things you need to know for Sabres-Islanders.

https://t.co/bbgmz5galf

proxy.jpg?t=HBhBaHR0cDovL3MzLmFtYXpvbmF3

@NYIslanders

Game day! #Isles host the Sabres at Barclays Center. 1f4dd.pnghttp://atnhl.com/2h99eXn

1f39f.pnghttp://bit.ly/2eD8Sby 1f556.png 7PM

@BuffaloSabres

Postgame comments from Coach Bylsma, Jack Eichel & what you need to know going into today's game: http://bufsabres.co/GbUNic

#SharpenUp

I'm becoming more convinced that the downside of a Pegula ownership is that their style encourages slacking off. They make life too easy on their franchises.

I don't think three point wins will change anything for the vast majority of the season. 2 or 1 point are better than nothing. They will still play things tight so that they at least get something by making it to OT. It's only at the end of the season when they need to make up ground that some teams will start to push.

I get that. I've been to the games and have to agree about the "atmosphere" in that arena.

But that's not the point here. Fans passionate enough to call them out on a piss poor effort and boo them are not the same as that apathetic crowd too busy checking their phones. Buffalo is a smart hockey town and fans know a poor effort when they see it. And that's what they called Foligno and the rest out on. Those boos turned to cheers when we scored, btw.

Foligno is wrong to call out the fans for booing. Ironically, he is one of a couple who gives an effort to be proud of. But he needs to grow up and be determined to give us something to cheer about. That's not on us fans. Simple as that.

I'm becoming more convinced that the downside of a Pegula ownership is that their style encourages slacking off. They make life too easy on their franchises.

Are the Pegulas' too generous and accommodating? An argument can be made that spending a lot of money but not doing it wisely is not the right approach to take. When they first took over the reigns of the hockey team he paid a lot of money for unmotivated free agent talent. It was a disastrous approach that led to the tanking strategy.

Look at the Bills. The Pegulas hired Rex after a losing record with the Jets and a record of 4-12 in his last year there before being fired. The Pegulas signed him with a lucrative five year contract. Rex was the caliber of coach who if he was foolishly going to be hired should have garnered a four year deal with the organization holding the option in his last year.

In the Rex case and in the case of the Sabres the Pegulas wanted to demonstrate their seriousness through their generous spending on players and staff. What they are painfully learning as new owners is that purposeful spending is more important than injudicious spending.