Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

I don't know how much you're willing to pay, but I just bought 2 on SeatGeek for $72/each. Section 317 row 9. Much more pricey than most games, but it's the friggin Bruins.

I think the major reason for this is that it was the only game in between Christmas and New Year's - and everybody comes home and wants to see a Sabres game.

The weird part is that I read on twitter that a lot of people left with 6 minutes left in a tie game. I did have the game on after it went 3-2 and saw a lot of empty seats, with 3 minutes left, which never makes sense to me in a one goal game, even if they are looking bad.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big games for sure, but our season isn't going to be over in December.

It's nice to see the team come out of the gates strong in the 1st period, maybe we'll see them play a 60 minute game. And Lehner stopped a breakaway, so that was mildly shocking.

Season has been over from a playoffs perspective for a month....

I think the major reason for this is that it was the only game in between Christmas and New Year's - and everybody comes home and wants to see a Sabres game.

The weird part is that I read on twitter that a lot of people left with 6 minutes left in a tie game. I did have the game on after it went 3-2 and saw a lot of empty seats, with 3 minutes left, which never makes sense to me in a one goal game, even if they are looking bad.

I did not watch any of the game, but just read the comments from Disco. One was something to the effect"2 goal lead, have to come away with at least 1 pt there" . And that is all that needs to be said.....fans know it too...dude thinks he can 1 pt his way to success

This team is crap. One step forward two steps back. Minn and Columbus are proving you don't need generational talent to win. You don't have to tank. Make some wise trades, get some clutch goal-tending, score a few goals, win some OT and shootouts. This team feels much further away from the playoffs than even the Bills.

Without even considering the score it was obvious that Boston played with more urgency (except for the first period) in this game. If a team that hasn't played many meaningful games in years can't play with consistent intensity in an important game then something is wrong with the makeup of this team.

I don't want to get on players such as Carrier and DeLauriers because they are high effort players. But it is abundantly clear that they lack the potential to score. Moulson in the offensive zone can handle the stick and can score. But watching him skate and trying to keep up when the game is played up and down the ice is painful to watch. In my view he should be on the ice only when we are on the power play.

I still don't understand why a player with scoring and skating ability is languishing in Rochester while non-productive players not only are playing with the big club but are also getting playing time on the top two lines. Makes no sense to me.

Lehner has actually been pretty good.

Lehner has looked good---except in shootouts. But was he worth a first round pick in a trade when the team that was dealing him didn't particularly want him? Is Lehner demonstrably better than Chad Johnson or Nilsson? I would say no.

@BuffaloSabres

Buffalo native @JustinBailey95 has been recalled from @AmerksHockey - http://bufsabres.co/OYyHw1

C07qadsXAAELcFX.jpg

Lehner has looked good---except in shootouts. But was he worth a first round pick in a trade when the team that was dealing him didn't particularly want him? Is Lehner demonstrably better than Chad Johnson or Nilsson? I would say no.

Nilsson has faded of late and I'd hesitate to write the book on Lehner as this stage of his career as goaltenders often take longer to fully develop.

i agree he has been okay to good outside the shootout....but much like Sammy and Whitner will always be judged by the price paid to get him. Not his fault, just the way it is.

What Lehner will ultimately be is TBD.

@TheHockeyNews

Report: Sabres’ Carrier won’t be suspended for hit that injured Bruins’ Backes http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/report-sabres-carrier-won-t-be-suspended-for-hit-that-injured-bruins-backes

C08OwfkUsAA25ew.jpg

He shouldn't of even been penalized for it, it was a shoulder to shoulder hit that just looked bad at full speed.

He shouldn't of even been penalized for it, it was a shoulder to shoulder hit that just looked bad at full speed.

Agreed. It was also called retroactively because neither ref had his armed raised after the hit was made and before the whistle blew.

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. RJ3vwkwN_200x200.jpg

SABRES (13-14-8) at BRUINS (19-15-4)

SAT DEC 31, 2016 @ 1:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 171)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 35 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 23 games
Ryan O’Reilly (appendix, Dec. 27) – 2 games
William Carrier (hand) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/30: Recalled F Justin Bailey from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Jan. 3: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 5: Buffalo at Chicago, 8:30 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 7: Winnipeg at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 10: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 12: Buffalo at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

SABRES at BRUINS
This is the fourth and final meeting between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Buffalo on Dec. 29
The Sabres are 2-4-4 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 4-3-3 on the road.
This is the 285th game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 121-119-44 series record.
The Sabres are 48-71-21 on the road against the Bruins all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Never mind how the year started. The focus is on the here & now. Practice recap: http://bufsabres.co/ceoBEX

Such a fragile team. When I read how mad they were after the last game, how Bylsma was treating these two games as "playoff like", I predicted the exact kind of effort we saw in the first period today.

We need a new Drury.

At this point it's almost better to just call it a year and get some more horses...disappointed how things haven't come together....still young players need to blossom including jack....they will get there but not in the cards this year...this is my rational New Years response to what I initially wanted to call a tire fire