Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12-27: DAN BYLSMA WITH JEREMY WHITE ON WGR (12:06)

#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma is on WGR right now! Tune in:

Bylsma - last 2 games were most disappointing games on defensive side of the puck. How we gave up goals was uncharacteristic of us #Sabres

Bylsma - we have to come out and be on the attack and have much better starts if we want to be ahead in hockey games #Sabres

Bylsma - we haven't had bad 1st periods, but we haven't been engaged enough. We have to come out and be ready to attack #Sabres

Bylsma - we have to have more focus on what we're doing from the start of the game. We want the PP to have intensity. #Sabres

Bylsma - our older players are still quite young. We're a team who's learning how to win on a nightly basis. #Sabres

Bylsma - the goal is to build this team into a team that can win. We knew it wasn't going to happen overnight... (cont.) #Sabres

Bylsma - We've made changes that we believe that has made us better... (cont.) #Sabres

Bylsma - We have the same expectations inside the locker room as those outside the locker room #Sabres

Bylsma - the goal is to build this team into a team that can win. We knew it wasn't going to happen overnight... (cont.) #Sabres

Can win?

How about having a goal of building the team into a team that DOES win or WILL win or simply WINS? Can win? Anyone CAN win the Publisher's Clearinghouse sweepstakes by mailing in a card. Is this dolt mailing in a card?

I thought we were in year 12 of this build. It would be nice if GMDB and this guy were specific about WHEN they expect to win. This somewhere over the rainbow crap has to end.

And what's with the "even the old guys on this team are young" crap? Gionta is probably driving around Buffalo on off days checking out assisted living facilities until 3PM and then hurrying to the early bird special at Outback. Meanwhile Eichel has been late for 4 practices because he had to turn the car around and retrieve Moulson's forgotten hearing aid.

Edited by 4merper4mer

ROR had a emergency appendectomy and is out indefinitely.

Frank Seravalli ‏@frank_seravalli now3 minutes ago

#Sabres announce Ryan O'Reilly underwent emergency appendectomy over holiday break. No timetable for his return.

0 replies 3 retweets 2 likesbrig

Great. I look forward to Bylsma and the rest of the team feeling sorry for themselves like they do every time adversity strikes like this.

On the bright side, losing ROR can't have any negative impact on our offensive production.

I'm becoming more convinced that the downside of a Pegula ownership is that their style encourages slacking off. They make life too easy on their franchises.

There are other franchises in the NHL that treat their players very well that play just fine (Detroit comes immediately to mind). This team needs some veteran grit in the locker room - guys who've been successful and have leadership qualities. I like O'Reilly and Okposo - they're really good players but we need some grizzled veteran who is a physical monster to "lead" this team.

GMTM better be scouring to find the guy, preferably a minute eating defenseman.

This one is so filthy you're going to need a bath after you view it.

Typical Vanek defense: Stationary feet followed by a weak two-hander as his guy blows by him.

So don't miss that.

I do love how Detroit's announcer's blame the goalie, as if there are more than a handful of players in the world who can make a move that sharp and then roof a shot at that speed.

Takeaways from this game: Since Kane has joined Larsson and Gionta he has hovered around the net and has started to score. The exquisite pass from Gionta to Kane streaking towards the goal was textbook.

I don't like Kulikov playing with Risto. There is better communication and cohesion when McCabe plays with Risto. The trade of Pysyk for the Russian was definitely a net loss for a team with a thin blue line.

The Sabres struggled to get the puck out of their zone. Exit passes were repeatedly intercepted with the defense scrambling to recover.

Lehner played a solid game. His biggest asset is his size. He can't really move too well. That is demonstrated when he is the goalie in a shootout.

Why isn't Baptiste brought up? He can score and he is fast. Makes no sense.

I hate to say it but this Sabre team is not a playoff team. Would love to be proven wrong!

Takeaways from this game: Since Kane has joined Larsson and Gionta he has hovered around the net and has started to score. The exquisite pass from Gionta to Kane streaking towards the goal was textbook.

I don't like Kulikov playing with Risto. There is better communication and cohesion when McCabe plays with Risto. The trade of Pysyk for the Russian was definitely a net loss for a team with a thin blue line.

The Sabres struggled to get the puck out of their zone. Exit passes were repeatedly intercepted with the defense scrambling to recover.

Lehner played a solid game. His biggest asset is his size. He can't really move too well. That is demonstrated when he is the goalie in a shootout.

Why isn't Baptiste brought up? He can score and he is fast. Makes no sense.

I hate to say it but this Sabre team is not a playoff team. Would love to be proven wrong!

I know this is a minority view but fighting is so stupid and contrived. Increasing the risk for Kane breaking his hand in an arranged fight is moronic

@BuffaloSabres

Ennis could be returning in next few days.

Will he get hurt before O'Reilly returns?

I do love how Detroit's announcer's blame the goalie, as if there are more than a handful of players in the world who can make a move that sharp and then roof a shot at that speed.

That announcer ought to watch more hockey. The top 1% of players in the world make that shot 4% of the time. That was dirrrrrrrrty,