Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Irish Times. Great food, reasonable prices.

Thank You where is it?

Seems to me i remember a place maybe on Washington that looked interesting...fairly close to the basesball staduim..but cant see it on google maps...any help?

ask as i have to tell someone where to meet me?

Edited by plenzmd1

Irish Times. Great food, reasonable prices.

In this weather you want the Cobblestone district. No way you're walking from Irish Times with the wind chill in single digits. Buffalo Iron Works is literally across the street from the east parking ramp. You can walk out of the bar and cross the street and take the parking ramp right into the arena.

Risto!!!!!!!

Although Risto is one of the younger players on the team he is not afraid to assert himself. Tapping that stick and demanding the puck------Goal!!!!!

I thought Lehner played a really good game.

The difference between winning and losing is so small.

My confidence in Disco Dan is fading, even as the team is winning. That Isle team was on 0 days rest and travelling and they out-hustled us badly in the 1st period. What's up with these slow starts, and will we ever play a 60 minute game?

Lehner stole 2 pts for us which is encouraging. The response to the Boychuk hit was disappointing.

Remember when that idiot tried to run Eichel last year and wound up hurting himself?

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. 1g0Q5ide_200x200.jpg

SABRES (12-11-6) at HURRICANES (12-11-7)

SAT DEC 17, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 154)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 29 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 20 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 17 games
Taylor Fedun (shoulder, Dec. 5; injured reserve) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/13: Placed D Taylor Fedun on IR (retroactive to 12/3)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Dec. 20: Buffalo at Florida, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 22: Carolina at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 23: Buffalo at NY Islanders, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 27: Buffalo at Detroit, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 29: Boston at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at HURRICANES
This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Carolina 3-2 in Carolina on March 22
Next meeting: Thursday, Dec. 22 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 6-4-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 4-5-1 on the road.
This is the 196th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina/Hartford; Buffalo has a 102-69-24 series record.
The Sabres are 44-38-16 on the road against the Hurricanes/Whalers all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

Another one. Risto did it again: http://bufsabres.co/0jPG3U

Cz2rc4pWgAAEiU6.jpg

@NHLCanes

#Canes Bested by #Caps in Shootout → Early recap and analysis: http://n.carhur.com/2htzVtJ

Hey Q, ended up at Pearl pre-game, but Lagerhuas post..my first time there and i enjoyedi!

Now for my rant.

1) There is absolutely no energy or atmosphere in that building. Flame away, but the crowd at a friggen Caps game is just way more into it than the crowd at the Sabres game. I know winning, tank..all the excuses..Key Bank Center is just a boring experience now. I only paid $40 per for good tickets last night...still feel like I overpaid by $35. Don't even get me started about contrasting it with great hockey towns like Philly, Chicago, Montreal...we can't hold a candle to those arena's

2) Had a 30ish woman in front me get pissed because my nephew and I both yelled at the ref after he missed his 3rd interference penalty in a row. No vulgarities or cussing involved, just a "call the game " type comment...she actually she prefers people only cheer at goals!

3) WTF is happening at games in this town???? Can't stand up at a Bills game, can't cheer/ yell at ref at a Sabre game.....man, I am getting old and thinking of joining the rest of my generation and only watching on TV..most cause they think the games to rowdy, me for the opposite reason.

4) and my biggest Rant.....WTF is up with the Sabres and their response to someone running our stars???

I ain't blaming Boychuk..he has enough history with the Sabres to know he has free reign to whatever the Fug he wants when it comes to the Sabes.

He took out our best player in a playoff series...no response.

Watched Lucic run our best player... no response.

He runs our best player last year...no response.

Runs Jack again last night..no response.

No passion and energy in the building a direct correlation to no passion and energy on the team for the last 8 friggin years....

Buffalo sports is finally starting to wear on my 54-year-old psyche!!!

5) NHL points system has to go...last 7 minutes of third in a tie game is almost like watching the Devils of 2002...make no mistakes, don't be aggressive, and lets hope the other team makes a mistake...we got a point...lets not lose it!

Edited by plenzmd1

Hey Q, ended up at Pearl pre-game, but Lagerhuas post..my first time there and i enjoyedi!

Now for my rant.

1) There is absolutely no energy or atmosphere in that building. Flame away, but the crowd at a friggen Caps game is just way more into it than the crowd at the Sabres game. I know winning, tank..all the excuses..Key Bank Center is just a boring experience now. I only paid $40 per for good tickets last night...still feel like I overpaid by $35. Don't even get me started about contrasting it with great hockey towns like Philly, Chicago, Montreal...we can't hold a candle to those arena's

2) Had a 30ish woman in front me get pissed because my nephew and I both yelled at the ref after he missed his 3rd interference penalty in a row. No vulgarities or cussing involved, just a "call the game " type comment...she actually she prefers people only cheer at goals!

3) WTF is happening at games in this town???? Can't stand up at a Bills game, can't cheer/ yell at ref at a Sabre game.....man, I am getting old and thinking of joining the rest of my generation and only watching on TV..most cause they think the games to rowdy, me for the opposite reason.

4) and my biggest Rant.....WTF is up with the Sabres and their response to someone running our stars???

I ain't blaming Boychuk..he has enough history with the Sabres to know he has free reign to whatever the Fug he wants when it comes to the Sabes.

He took out our best player in a playoff series...no response.

Watched Lucic run our best player... no response.

He runs our best player last year...no response.

Runs Jack again last night..no response.

No passion and energy in the building a direct correlation to no passion and energy on the team for the last 8 friggin years....

Buffalo sports is finally starting to wear on my 54-year-old psyche!!!

5) NHL points system has to go...last 7 minutes of third in a tie game is almost like watching the Devils of 2002...make no mistakes, don't be aggressive, and lets hope the other team makes a mistake...we got a point...lets not lose it!

The Sabres haven't been a serious team for more than a decade. You don't think that doesn't have a corrosive effect on the fans? When you run a middling operation for almost a generation you don't think that doesn't depress enthusiasm? Until Boston Jack arrived who was a compelling player to follow on a team that was going nowhere?

When you refer to teams such as Chicago, Philly and Montreal you are referring to teams that have had successful legacies that have Stanley Cup trophies in their trophy cases. Let's not forget that until a few years ago even Chicago, now one of the best and entertaining teams in the league, not only had a quiet building but an empty building while they were going through their extended doldrums.

I'm a Sabre fan who because of the Center Ice subscription can watch a lot of their games. Although this team is not dramatically climbing out of the ditch of systemic mediocrity it is steadily moving up the ranks. You are expecting too much if you believe that fan loyalty and enthusiasm is automatically going to be instilled. That isn't the real world and it certainly wasn't the case in Washington. I live in Md in the Metro DC area so I am familiar how that market responded. It also had its fan droughts.

The Sabres are moving forward. Step by step it is putting the pieces together. When this team gets to the point that this team is a legitimate contender the fan enthusiasm meter will correspondingly ratchet up.

Side note: What was your impression of the development around the arena and that area?

John, I have been to many games at many arenas all over the US and Canada over the last thirty years...lived in the district for 16 years, have a place there again right in Kalorama Triangle. And yep, the Caps games before OV were less than knowledgeable and enthuiastic....STILL a better atmosphere than what has been going on inside our joint for the last two years.

Last year son and I did spring break following the Sabres and going to other games for 6 straight nights...Buffalo by far the least buzz and energy in the building...and that was in arenas with moribund teams as well.

I swear, there was more excitement and anticipation for a game during the tank years...and i typically make at least 5-7 games a year in Buffalo. This was my 3rd this year, first with Jack in the lineup...crowd still dead!

John, I have been to many games at many arenas all over the US and Canada over the last thirty years...lived in the district for 16 years, have a place there again right in Kalorama Triangle. And yep, the Caps games before OV were less than knowledgeable and enthuiastic....STILL a better atmosphere than what has been going on inside our joint for the last two years.

Last year son and I did spring break following the Sabres and going to other games for 6 straight nights...Buffalo by far the least buzz and energy in the building...and that was in arenas with moribund teams as well.

I swear, there was more excitement and anticipation for a game during the tank years...and i typically make at least 5-7 games a year in Buffalo. This was my 3rd this year, first with Jack in the lineup...crowd still dead!

Let's be fair in evaluating last night's game: It was a snooze-fest. Even I was flipping through the channels during the game because of a lack of action. (Why is it when I change the channel and come back to the game I miss a score?)

Being candid the Sabres are not an exciting team to watch. The only compelling player to watch on the ice is Boston Jack. Players such as O'Reilly, Okposo and Reinhart and others are to put it mildly not scintillating players, but that is not to say they aren't good players.

Put things in perspective. A few years ago the team on the ice was less than a good AHL team. The strategy was to de-construct and tank. Now it is climbing up and moving forward. I'm confident that if and when this team becomes a serious team the fan enthusiasm will follow.

As you well know pro sports is an entertainment business. The customer base will become more exuberant once the product becomes more entertaining and serious from a league competitive standpoint. Were not there yet.

Let's be fair in evaluating last night's game: It was a snooze-fest. Even I was flipping through the channels during the game because of a lack of action. (Why is it when I change the channel and come back to the game I miss a score?)

Being candid the Sabres are not an exciting team to watch. The only compelling player to watch on the ice is Boston Jack. Players such as O'Reilly, Okposo and Reinhart and others are to put it mildly not scintillating players, but that is not to say they aren't good players.

Put things in perspective. A few years ago the team on the ice was less than a good AHL team. The strategy was to de-construct and tank. Now it is climbing up and moving forward. I'm confident that if and when this team becomes a serious team the fan enthusiasm will follow.

As you well know pro sports is an entertainment business. The customer base will become more exuberant once the product becomes more entertaining and serious from a league competitive standpoint. Were not there yet.

Getting there is part of the fun -- as long as you get a feeling that progress is being made and see the results. I don't always agree with the moves the front office or the coach make, but that's also part of being an interested and active fan. The noise will come back to that building with results. The first quarter of this season was a washout with the big injury and bad results. For the past few years there's been nothing at all to cheer for. As a fan, you knew that nearly none of the players on the team were part of the future. Now there is a core that this team is being built around and that's a start.

Getting there is part of the fun -- as long as you get a feeling that progress is being made and see the results. I don't always agree with the moves the front office or the coach make, but that's also part of being an interested and active fan. The noise will come back to that building with results. The first quarter of this season was a washout with the big injury and bad results. For the past few years there's been nothing at all to cheer for. As a fan, you knew that nearly none of the players on the team were part of the future. Now there is a core that this team is being built around and that's a start.

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment in your post. It perfectly corresponds to my view. The fan base has for a very long time been exposed to the tormenting abuse of irrelevancy and boring hockey. That extended customer punishment is not quickly forgotten and cleansed.

Anyone who has a sense of objectivity and fairness has to acknowledge that this franchise has made tremendous strides over the past two years. The rebuilding process started at the tail end of Regier's reign and went into high drive when the new GM took over. This team is a fringe playoff team. (My opinion.) That in itself is a major leap forward that should be acknowledged and appreciated.

What will also give our hockey town a boost is the parallel accelerated rebuilding of the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm looking forward to the not too distant future when this will be a heated and authentic rivalry. As a Sabre fan I am optimistic and excited.

12-16: GMTM ON WGR (17:27)

GM Tim Murray joining Schopp and the Bulldog next on WGR!

GMTM on McCabe- "I think he's a good young player. Doesn't have a ton of experience. We're feeding him big, big minutes."

GMTM- "You don't have to be a genius to figure out when Jack's going we're a pretty good team."

GMTM- "Young guys think they're bulletproof. This might be a big learning experience in Jack's career."

GMTM- "Two days off in Florida isn't really appealing to me when there's other stuff going on."

@BuffaloSabres

We're right back in action tonight! #SharpenUp >> http://bufsabres.co/odOaqY

Cz5BkSwUAAAaRHr.jpg

Now for my rant.

Did you sit in the 200 level? 200 level is like church.

I've always felt the arena design has a lot to do with it. I've been to many different venues and most tend to amplify crowd noise and energy, while the Key Center seems to stifle it. Even concerts there sound like schitt to me and lack a lot of energy.