Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@BuffaloSabres

The boys had a good skate this AM. Game day updates you need to know: http://bufsabres.co/6j3O1e

CzQIevPXEAE1EQc.jpg

Projected lineup

Keeping in mind the Bylsma said there might be changes to his forward group, here's how the lines looked when the Sabres skated on Friday morning.

48 William Carrier - 90 Ryan O'Reilly - 21 Kyle Okposo
9 Evander Kane - 15 Jack Eichel - 23 Sam Reinhart
82 Marcus Foligno - 22 Johan Larsson - 12 Brian Gionta
26 Matt Moulson - 27 Derek Grant - 28 Zemgus Girgensons

29 Jake McCabe - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
77 Dmitry Kulikov - 6 Cody Franson
4 Josh Gorges - 41 Justin Falk

40 Robin Lehner
31 Anders Nilsso

@VogsCaps

SKATE SHAVINGS: #Caps finish off season's series with Sabres, play without NIskanen for first time since 2014, more: https://dumpnchase.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/2016/12/09/skate-shavings-news-and-notes-from-caps-morning-skate

WASHINGTON

Forwards

8-Ovechkin, 92-Kuznetsov, 14-Williams

90-Johansson,19-Backstrom, 77-Oshie

65-Burakovsky, 20-Eller, 13-Vrana

26-Winnik, 83-Beagle, 43-Wilson

Defensemen

27-Alzner 74-Carlson

44-Orpik, 9-Orlov

88-Schmidt, 4-Chorney

Goaltenders

31-Grubauer

70-Holtby

Injuries

2-NIskanen (upper body, day-to-day)

Scratches

10-Connolly

55-Ness

Penalty kill was 9th last year, 29th this year and seems to be getting worse every week (even as we get healthier). WTF is going on Disco Dan?

i know rudimentary as hell, but what a stark contrast in the PK for both teams last night. Caps aggressive, attacking the puck, reducing time and space like crazy.

Sabres drop back into box, seemingly with thought just keep everything outside...and too many plays and shots getting created off that.

Seems to be Disco's philosophy on the game...try to squeeze out a 2-1 overtime victory by being patient...and playing just about unwatchable hockey again. Crimminy, can th9s team score at even strength? BTW, as i have said several times in this thread, think i am done with him as well.

Wholly chit...in the blink of an eye, 9 pts out now...ahead of the leafs by 1 point, but the Leafs have two in hand ...or else the Sabres dead last in the Conference. Not out of the question to be looking at the draft.

Edited by plenzmd1

Wholly chit...in the blink of an eye, 9 pts out now...ahead of the leafs by 1 point, but the Leafs have two in hand ...or else the Sabres dead last in the Conference. Not out of the question to be looking at the draft.

They're 6 pts out with a game in hand over Boston. But you really need to stop the playoff watch in early December.

I'm glad we don't have to play Washington anymore this season.

@BuffNewsVogl

Inside the Sabres: If anyone is wondering why Buffalo's depth is lacking, the NHL Draft tells the answer: https://t.co/3WkOgycPVI

The 2005 draft is to blame? Who wrote this article GMTM?

I wonder if things go bad over the next 4 years if Trump will blame Harry Truman.

The most annoying thing about watching the Sabres this year is seeing Lehner skate around after giving up yet another crap goal and the camera getting a shot of that annoying tough guy neck tattoo. I don't know what that thing is but it should be a picture of a rented mule.

I know first rounders are no guarantee but if GMTM simply skipped the pick altogether we'd be better off than having traded it for this sieve.

The 2005 draft is to blame? Who wrote this article GMTM?

I wonder if things go bad over the next 4 years if Trump will blame Harry Truman.

The most annoying thing about watching the Sabres this year is seeing Lehner skate around after giving up yet another crap goal and the camera getting a shot of that annoying tough guy neck tattoo. I don't know what that thing is but it should be a picture of a rented mule.

I know first rounders are no guarantee but if GMTM simply skipped the pick altogether we'd be better off than having traded it for this sieve.

That article doesn't talk about the hit/miss percentages of other GMs. It's easy to point at the studs in a draft 5 years after the fact. But if there are 3 studs and 30 teams picking 7 rounds, guess what? 98.6% of the picks are whiffs.

That article doesn't talk about the hit/miss percentages of other GMs. It's easy to point at the studs in a draft 5 years after the fact. But if there are 3 studs and 30 teams picking 7 rounds, guess what? 98.6% of the picks are whiffs.

It also ignores the pure volume of prospects/picks that Murray has traded away. Yes you have to give something to get something, but he has moved out a ton of bodies that could be filling the ranks right now.

And I've always hated the hindsight game of "we should have drafted this guy instead". Saying that they could have instead taken someone who went 10-15 picks later in the first round completely ignores how these players were viewed on that specific day. I'm not sure I'd look much beyond a 5 pick window to really see who they might have been considering at that point. Sure, we could have instead drafted TJ Oshie (24th) insetad of Zagrapan (13th), but we may very well have instead drafted Sasha Pokulok (14th) or Ryan O'Marra (15th).

There's something to be said about not getting much return on their picks, but when they add in the "who they could have had" section, it tends to come off as a lazy cherry picking column to me. Hell, at one point he suggests that they could have taken Jake Muzzin (141st overall) instead of either TJ Brennan (31st) or Drew Schiestel (59th). A guy taken over 100 picks later! How can you type that with a straight face?