Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8h976TwG_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

OILERS (14-10-3) at SABRES (9-10-6)

TUE DEC 6, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 134)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 25 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 18 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 16 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 13 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Nov. 11; injured reserve) – 12 games
Josh Gorges (foot, Dec. 3) – 2 games
Taylor Fedun (shoulder, Dec. 5) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
12/1: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)
12/2: Recalled D Brendan Guhle from Prince George (WHL) on an emergency basis; Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)
12/5: Recalled D Erik Burgdoerfer from Rochester (AHL); Placed D Dmitry Kulikov on IR (retroactive to 11/10)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Dec. 9: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 13: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 16: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec. 17: Buffalo at Carolina, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 20: Buffalo at Florida, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

OILERS at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Oilers this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Edmonton, 6-2, in Edmonton on Oct. 16
The Sabres are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Oilers; 3-5-2 at home.
This is the 73rd game all-time between Buffalo and Edmonton; Buffalo has a 23-38-11 series record.
The Sabres are 13-15-8 at home against the Oilers all-time.

Morning Skate: December 6, 2016 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I thought they played a pretty solid game. Ristolainen and McCabe with nearly 30 minutes of ice time... D was in crisis-mode.

did not watch last night, 3xFF this morning...1pt better than the zero expected, ....tough one tonight, that D against the 4th highest scoring team n the NHL...but i will watch this one

12-6: DAN BYLSMA WITH HOWARD AND JEREMY ON WGR (17:02)

#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma is on WGR right now! Tune in:

Bylsma on Eichel - he got pinned up against the boards and was laboring a bit. You often end up tweaking a high ankle sprain #Sabres

Bylsma on Eichel - as far as I can tell, his ankle was a little sore but he seems good to go tonight against Edmonton #Sabres

Bylsma - your defense runs your team, dictates how you move the puck on a rush. Have to simplify executions with the group we have #Sabres

Bylsma on Guhle - he's shown what he can do. Last night was better defensively especially against Ovechkin. He stood in there well #Sabres

Bylsma - it's up to Guhle to decide how long he stays in Buffalo. He has to make the job hard on us to decide. #Sabres

Bylsma - Kulikov is practicing this morning, hopefully he'll play here real soon. Fedun is day-to-day. Bogosian still a ways away... #Sabres

Bylsma - We hope to have Bogosian start skating this week #Sabres

Bylsma on McDavid - He can generate so much speed from a distance. No one will catch him in full flight. We have to get in his way #Sabres

Bylsma - I'm a big advocate of any way the puck goes in the net it should be allowed. Kicking the puck in should be allowed. #Sabres

Bylsma - I'm a fan of calling more penalties. You want to increase scoring? Call more penalties #Sabres

Bylsma - I like the 3-2-1 point system to show that regulation wins are more important #Sabres

did not watch last night, 3xFF this morning...1pt better than the zero expected, ....tough one tonight, that D against the 4th highest scoring team n the NHL...but i will watch this one

Most often drinking wine is more soothing than watching a Buffalo sports' team!

@TomGulittiNHL

proxy.jpg?t=HBhDaHR0cHM6Ly9uaGwuYmFtY29u

Jack Eichel tweaked his ankle last night, but it's something he'll have to play through for a while: https://t.co/g60Zf8ykna

@BuffaloSabres

Right back at it. On home ice tonight, hosting the Oilers. #SharpenUp >> http://bufsabres.co/Jg6GkB

CzAC7d3UkAAnD8C.jpg
Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@TSNBobMcKenzie

No game-day skate for BUF (vs EDM tonite), but Jack Eichel getting treatment/assessment of potentially tweaked/reinjured high ankle sprain.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

Eichel looked to re-injure it early in 2nd period, but played balance of game. Clearly was laboring, though. Status should be known soon.

@JoeYerdon

#Sabres are meeting here at 11 today. We'll see (hopefully) what's up here soon and maybe get an update on Eichel.

Tonight's game is the perfect storm of bad things lining up to make this a laugher. 2nd of back to backs, 3rd in 4 nights with late night travel thrown in. Top D pairing both coming off 30 minute nights and our 10th and 11th defenseman forced into top 6 roles while a rested fastest team in the league awaits. If this isn't a fugly game, I'll be mighty surprised. Nilsson needs to stand on his head for us to have any chance.

Tonight's game is the perfect storm of bad things lining up to make this a laugher. 2nd of back to backs, 3rd in 4 nights with late night travel thrown in. Top D pairing both coming off 30 minute nights and our 10th and 11th defenseman forced into top 6 roles while a rested fastest team in the league awaits. If this isn't a fugly game, I'll be mighty surprised. Nilsson needs to stand on his head for us to have any chance.

And then there's the two guys outside of the top 6 who are forced to play top 4 roles. That whole blue line situation is crazy. Is there no Nolan Pratt out there to fill the gap (and I'm only half joking when I say that).

Someone help me refresh my memory. Was there another defenseman other than Pratt that we signed mid-season within the past 10 or so years?

And then there's the two guys outside of the top 6 who are forced to play top 4 roles. That whole blue line situation is crazy. Is there no Nolan Pratt out there to fill the gap (and I'm only half joking when I say that).

Someone help me refresh my memory. Was there another defenseman other than Pratt that we signed mid-season within the past 10 or so years?

Paetch , Fitzpatrick , and Jillison count?

Edited by plenzmd1

@BuffNewsVogl

"They’re forever going to be tied together.” - Sabres' Dan Bylsma as Eichel-McDavid meet for second time. http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/06/sabres-eichel-will-play-tuesday-im-fine/

CzAjeMHWgAEIkwY.jpg

@pham1717

As @JSportsnet says Eichel has a sore hip as well as the high ankle sprain. That is confirmed.

It's been almost 3 years since TM took over as GM. I still have faith in him, I believe GMTM has a 5 year plan to make this team a serious contender. If this team was healthy, they would be in the hunt for the 8th seed. Right around were most thought they would be. The amount on injuries on this team is unbelievable and early in a rebuild there just isn't experienced depth. There is still a lot of work to do, need to bulk up the defense and add a couple forwards, plus the goaltending is still in question. But there are some good pieces in place and some young talent that should be blossoming in a couple years. It's just unfortunate and frustrating that this team has been decimated by injuries...

@BuffaloSabres

Reporter: Get through the night OK? Eichel: "Ya.. I went home, slept & came to the rink. Think I did alright." More: http://bufsabres.co/Y2d6fj

CzA2Z8qVEAAIvHL.jpg

@EdmontonOilers

CzAxQXtWgAAAH18.jpg

@EdmontonOilers

Coach McLellan talks improving on last outing vs. Buffalo & managing heavy schedule ahead of #EDMvsBUF tonight: https://www.nhl.com/oilers/video/pre-game-raw--todd-mclellan/t-277437406/c-47052503

CzA3Du3UsAAvLxl.jpg