Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Paetch , Fitzpatrick , and Jillison count?

No, they were all in the organization to start the season. Pratt was a free agent who they signed after the season had already started. I would have swore there was one other in the last ten years, but maybe I'm thinking of someone from further back.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@EdmontonOilers

#Oilers "seem to be comfortable playing on the road" with 8-4-2 record heading into #EDMvsBUF tonight: https://www.nhl.com/oilers/news/preview-oilers-at-sabres/c-284421654

CzA6w08VEAA6xBz.jpg

Oilers lines tonight:

Lucic - McDavid - Draisaitl
Maroon - Nugent-Hopkins - Eberle
Puljujarvi - Caggiula - Kassian
Hendricks - Letestu - Pitlick

Russell - Larsson
Klefbom - Fayne
Sekera - Benning

Cam Talbot gets the start in goal.

No, they were all in the organization to start the season. Pratt was a free agent who they signed after the season had already started. I would have swore there was one other in the last ten years, but maybe I'm thinking of someone from further back.

Janik?

It's been almost 3 years since TM took over as GM. I still have faith in him, I believe GMTM has a 5 year plan to make this team a serious contender. If this team was healthy, they would be in the hunt for the 8th seed. Right around were most thought they would be. The amount on injuries on this team is unbelievable and early in a rebuild there just isn't experienced depth. There is still a lot of work to do, need to bulk up the defense and add a couple forwards, plus the goaltending is still in question. But there are some good pieces in place and some young talent that should be blossoming in a couple years. It's just unfortunate and frustrating that this team has been decimated by injuries...

The major criticism I have of the GM is the Lehner deal. I don't understand giving up a first round pick for a goalie that Ottawa wasn't interested in keeping. That first round pick could have been used for a good forward or defenseman prospect that would have been in the pipeline ready in a year or two.

In general, I'm more than satisfied with his body of work. As you noted the Sabres resemble more of a mash unit than a healthy full roster. Once some of the bodies get back in action, especially on defense, there will be a more positive attitude towards this team's actual status.

As far as I am concerned Guhle has earned his spot as a NHLer. I'm still hopeful about Kane getting back into the action on scoring and becoming what his talent says he should be as a player.

Well it's not totally on Guhle for how long he stays. It's amazing how difficult it actually is to find the specific details of the NHL-CHL agreement.

Funny, was just listening to Hamilton from his spot this morning on GR, and he said same thing...no one can tell him what the rule is with this emergency recall and if they want to keep him up...

Funny, was just listening to Hamilton from his spot this morning on GR, and he said same thing...no one can tell him what the rule is with this emergency recall and if they want to keep him up...

Because he's under 20, it's not return him to juniors before his 10th game or keep him and burn one year on his ELC if he exceeds 9 games, regardless if you return him any time thereafter? You mean there's a new wrinkle in that agreement with the CHL?

It's been almost 3 years since TM took over as GM. I still have faith in him, I believe GMTM has a 5 year plan to make this team a serious contender. If this team was healthy, they would be in the hunt for the 8th seed. Right around were most thought they would be. The amount on injuries on this team is unbelievable and early in a rebuild there just isn't experienced depth. There is still a lot of work to do, need to bulk up the defense and add a couple forwards, plus the goaltending is still in question. But there are some good pieces in place and some young talent that should be blossoming in a couple years. It's just unfortunate and frustrating that this team has been decimated by injuries...

They're 6 points out of the 8th spot with nearly 3/4 of the season to go. Jack's been back for just 4 games. No need to throw this year under the bus just yet. Edited by ChevyVanMiller

They're 6 points out of the 8th spot with nearly 3/4 of the season to go. Jack's been back for just 4 games. No need to throw this year under the bus just yet.

That's true. But that Bruins game was a good barometer. A four point game vs. a team we are chasing down and we just couldn't serve notice. Not a mark of a team intent on shaking things up in the division and conference.

Because he's under 20, it's not return him to juniors before his 10th game or keep him and burn one year on his ELC if he exceeds 9 games, regardless if you return him any time thereafter? You mean there's a new wrinkle in that agreement with the CHL?

Hamilton was was speculating they may HAVE to send him back, even if he stays up say 12 games, due to the emergency nature of the callup...but then said that would be stupid if you burn his ECL and he still has to go back down.

He did say he has to dress right now if he is up...no leeway there

Hamilton was was speculating they may HAVE to send him back, even if he stays up say 12 games, due to the emergency nature of the callup...but then said that would be stupid if you burn his ECL and he still has to go back down.

He did say he has to dress right now if he is up...no leeway there

I thought that was the ONLY stipulation of the emergency call up status. Whereas if we had kept him around after preseason, we could theoretically keep him here indefinitely as long as he doesn't surpass nine games. That would be dumb as the kid needs to play, regardless, and a return to juniors would be best in that situation. Think Grigorenko and how we botched that aspect of his development.

They're 6 points out of the 8th spot with nearly 3/4 of the season to go. Jack's been back for just 4 games. No need to throw this year under the bus just yet.

I cant find the article from this year, but as crazy as it sounds, i think only 4 teams since 05 have been 4 pts back of last spot at end of November and made playoffs.

3 pt games as the season grinds on make it so freaking hard to catch anyone.

http://grantland.com/features/nhl-playoff-chances-november/

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

minor miracle for them to make a run at it with so many teams to pass...those playoff percentages tell it all

http://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.cgi

minor miracle for them to make a run at it with so many teams to pass...those playoff percentages tell it al

Minor miracle? Come on. If we play 80% of our remaining games without Eichel and O'Reilly, then yes, those playoff percentages are accurate. Otherwise those percentages mean nothing -- they're based on a team that's been injured for a month.