Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought that McCabe played a superb game. He continues to add to his game and is becoming much more assertive on offense. On one sequence where we scored he was the player who dominated the possession.

For some reason I am just not seeing what multiple other folks seem to be seeing. The guy played at the upper end of his ability last night and he was still a mental mistake just waiting to happen. Right now I think he is the biggest liability on this roster and his questionable decision making is one of the reasons I really want to see the Bogosian/Kulikov pairing back as quick as possible.

ion3wlx6_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

BRUINS (13-10-1) at SABRES (9-9-5)

SAT DEC 3, 2016 @ 1:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 121)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 23 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 16 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 14 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 11 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Nov. 11) – 10 games
Robin Lehner (hip, Dec. 1) – 1 game
Josh Gorges (foot) – 0 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/27: Recalled F William Carrier from Rochester (AHL)
11/29: Activated F Jack Eichel from IR
12/1: Recalled G Linus Ullmark from Rochester (AHL)
12/2: Recalled D Brendan Guhle from Prince George (WHL) on an emergency basis; Assigned G Linus Ullmark to Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Monday, Dec. 5: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 6: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 9: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 13: Los Angeles at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Dec. 16: NY Islanders at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TODAY’S GAME

BRUINS at SABRES
This is the second of four meetings between the Sabres and Bruins this season.
Last meeting: Boston defeated Buffalo 4-0 in Boston on Nov. 7
Next meeting: Thursday, Dec. 29 in Buffalo
The Sabres are 2-4-4 in their last 10 games vs. the Bruins; 3-5-2 at home.
This is the 283rd game all-time between Buffalo and Boston; Buffalo has a 121-117-44 series record.
The Sabres are 73-46-23 at home against the Bruins all-time.

@BuffaloSabres

An unsung hero from last night's game - Sabres defenseman shows two-way potential: http://bufsabres.co/0LKizR

Cysvp1GXgAA-8HQ.jpg

@NHLBruins

In today's Practice Rundown: how Schaller is adjusting to new top-six role. Plus, news on Blidh, Bergeron, & Chara: http://bbru.in/2gPnAQE

CytEB4iXgAAuyvi.jpg

For some reason I am just not seeing what multiple other folks seem to be seeing. The guy played at the upper end of his ability last night and he was still a mental mistake just waiting to happen. Right now I think he is the biggest liability on this roster and his questionable decision making is one of the reasons I really want to see the Bogosian/Kulikov pairing back as quick as possible.

He is a young defenseman who in my estimation is getting better. It's interesting how two people can be watching the same player and come to different conclusions. (I'm not saying your view of McCabe is wrong but I do view it very differently.) The analyst for the game, May, stated that he felt that McCabe played very well in this game.

Without concern to the pairings I do want to see Kulikov and Bogosian get back into action. From what has been reported Kulikov is expected back soon. As far as making questionable decisions it's my opinion that Kulikov has a tendency to be more prone to make mistakes than McCabe. Even with that assessment I still want Kulikov back to help bolster the defense corps.

I'm not going to judge how you spend your free time

:lol::lol::lol:

Yep. It'll be nice to get a look at this kid.

The article i read says this is on an emergency basis and he must be returned as soon as Gorges foot is healed. For the rules experts out there...what if Gorges is out 10 games, does that burn the first year of his ELC?

These hockey contract rules can be really complicated.

:lol::lol::lol:

The article i read says this is on an emergency basis and he must be returned as soon as Gorges foot is healed. For the rules experts out there...what if Gorges is out 10 games, does that burn the first year of his ELC?

These hockey contract rules can be really complicated.

Even if Gorges is out that long, Kulikov will be back before then.

@JoeYerdon

Bylsma confirms Brendan Guhle will play, paired with Cody Franson. He says Gorges will be out for a bit, will update after the game. #Sabres

@CapFriendly

#Sabres have recalled Brendan Guhle from WHL on Emergency basis. Per the NHL/CHL agreement, 4 ways in which team can recall a Junior player.

CytLPa7WgAAT133.jpg

@BuffaloSabres

Brendan Guhle on how he heard the news: "Coach said I was traded to the Sabres." 1f602.png But really, because of injuries, got called up.

Cywz1DJVEAAmuKG.jpg
Guhle said he got in at 1:30 in the morning but doesn't mind about the travel. Happy to be here.

@Matt_Bove

#Sabres head coach Dan Bylsma said that Guhle was close to making the team outright after training camp @WKBW

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/805078755425124352

DecisiveIncompatibleFluke.gif

:D

@BuffNewsVogl

Eichel makes impression on Sabres' offseason additions: "I didnt realize what kind of a difference-maker he was."

https://t.co/RMiQwKmrwt

@Matt_Bove

#Sabres have 9 goals in 2 games. Before Eichel's return it took them 6 games to score 9 goals. Man, he's good @WKBW

https://t.co/HhEb1MoW2r

proxy.jpg?t=HBhpaHR0cDovL21lZGlhMi53a2J3

That play doesn't look all that special, except that Eichel can hit whatever key hole you leave open. That's what makes him special. Watch how many times goalies look at where the goal went in in amazement. Lundquist played that angle right but with Jack you are doomed anyway.