Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

That play doesn't look all that special, except that Eichel can hit whatever key hole you leave open. That's what makes him special. Watch how many times goalies look at where the goal went in in amazement. Lundquist played that angle right but with Jack you are doomed anyway.

Lundqvist said he was looking for Eichel to make the pass but he was caught off guard when the shot was taken instead.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We were fighting the puck all afternoon; just never got comfortable it seemed.

Gonna be a tough stretch here, especially coming home to play Edmonton in the second of back to backs and the third in four days.

That's the definition of a flat performance. I hate these Saturday afternoon games.

We were fighting the puck all afternoon; just never got comfortable it seemed.

Gonna be a tough stretch here, especially coming home to play Edmonton in the second of back to backs and the third in four days.

Guhle looked good and Kane finally tallied. Not much going on other than that.

@BuffaloSabres

Coach on Guhle's debut: He certainly wasn't shy about using his skating, jumping up in the play. He was good in the game. Stepped right in.

Cyx9lVPUQAAdnG6.jpg

Brendan Guhle impresses in @NHL debut - http://bufsabres.co/mHJv3B

CyySs-BWgAAZpWO.jpg

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres Notebook: Evander Kane finds net as Bylsma hopes winger finds his shot; Gorges out; Fasching update.

https://t.co/gKgjpg3O2E

@BNHarrington

My #Sabres column today: No rest on defense as injury crisis deepens.

https://t.co/HTjR1kmWen

@amymoritz

19-year-old Brendan Guhle realized "Oh, I can play this" and made a strong NHL debut with the #Sabres on Saturday

https://t.co/V1D36i99Vt

The take aways from this unaesthetic and choppy game was Guhle's poised play and that Kane finally scored. Guhle can skate, he played a smart simple game where he quickly moved the puck out and he has an accurate shot. When watching this game you want someone to beat the heck out of Brad Marchand, one of the most annoying players in the league and one of the hardest playing players in the league. If he played for your team he would be adored, if not, he would be despised. He's certainly an instigating character.

The take aways from this unaesthetic and choppy game was Guhle's poised play and that Kane finally scored. Guhle can skate, he played a smart simple game where he quickly moved the puck out and he has an accurate shot. When watching this game you want someone to beat the heck out of Brad Marchand, one of the most annoying players in the league and one of the hardest playing players in the league. If he played for your team he would be adored, if not, he would be despised. He's certainly an instigating character.

Eichel didn't score. Cut the bust.

Yep, but I like Guhle over Georges.

I haven't seen him play yet so I can't comment. Would he work well with #55 or would he be a bad fit there, like I think McCabe is?

I wonder if we're going to run into trouble keeping him under that 10 game limit the way things are going.

Or whether the team is really even all that concerned about it.

Edited by Simon

I haven't seen him play yet so I can't comment. Would he work well with #55 or would he be a bad fit there, like I think McCabe is?

I wonder if we're going to run into trouble keeping him under that 10 game limit the way things are going.

Or whether the team is really even all that concerned about it.

Guhle and Franson actually looked pretty good together yesterday. I'd give McCabe more time before getting so down on him. Kulikov should be back soon so I don't think they'll get close to 10 games with Guhle.

Guhle and Franson actually looked pretty good together yesterday. I'd give McCabe more time before getting so down on him. Kulikov should be back soon so I don't think they'll get close to 10 games with Guhle.

In this case, it isn't so much being down on McCabe as it is thinking he's just not a good fit for 55. I'd rather Rasmus had a partner who's more reliable in his own end so he has a bit more leeway to join the attack with that skillset of his.