Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

@BuffaloSabres

Buffalo, @Jack_Eichel11 wrote you a letter. You'll want to read it. Find it exclusively in the new @MyOneBuffalo app under "My Offers."

CydmTrLUsAEfGah.jpg

Clearly something his agent wrote. I heard in this thread that this punk drank a beer in college. Massive character risk.

One player makes no difference...right.

It's silly that people were bemoaning our offensive production with 3 of our top 6 out. Every team in the league is going to have scoring issues if you take away their top 2 centers.

Can't quite put my finger on it but there was something different about the Sabres tonight.

Figure about two weeks for the forward lines to get reacquainted with each other and more importantly to get the Bogosian/Kulikov paring back and then we're in business.

D was terrible tonight and we got outplayed 5 on 5. We just don't have enough on the back end to weather our 2nd pair D going down. But we did beat one of the top teams in our division in their house.

The big loser tonight was Matt Moulson. He got booted off the 1st team PP and it doesn't look like he's going to be back anytime soon. I predict he'll fall back into his 2-goal-a-month rut. Prove me wrong, Matt.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kyle Okposo on his teammate Jack Eichel (1G,1A), 1st intermission on @MSGNetworks: "He's a world-class talent."

Okposo is no slouch either. His skill is so evident out there. I think as time passes and they get used to having everyone out there, he will be the most likely to explode.

It's silly that people were bemoaning our offensive production with 3 of our top 6 out. Every team in the league is going to have scoring issues if you take away their top 2 centers.

D was terrible tonight and we got outplayed 5 on 5. We just don't have enough on the back end to weather our 2nd pair D going down. But we did beat one of the top teams in our division in their house.

I also think it's silly that our goaltending has been catching an unfair ration of shlt while this team is ravaged by injuries out front. Lehner and Nilsson have been getting next to no help in front of them for much of this year and the hell they've been catching from Sabres fans is seriously misdirected, imo.

Weren't there a lot of complaints last year that Eichel should be playing right there on the power play - for just that reason!

there were...just makes a ton of sense to be on the off wing on the PP...see one Alex Ovechkin !

I also think it's silly that our goaltending has been catching an unfair ration of shlt while this team is ravaged by injuries out front. Lehner and Nilsson have been getting next to no help in front of them for much of this year and the hell they've been catching from Sabres fans is seriously misdirected, imo.

I have not heard one bit of complaining about the goalies outside 4mer...and he don't really count!

It's pure silliness. The Goaltenders have been very good.

15, 90 (twice), 21, 23 on the board...and nearly 9 as well. Amazing what happens when your offensive skill players are all playing. Really need Bogo and Kulikov back to shore up the back end though.

Byslma was on the radio yesterday. He said that Kulikov is close to returning, Bogo not so much. Also said that Deslaurier, remember him?, is really close, too.

15, 90 (twice), 21, 23 on the board...and nearly 9 as well. Amazing what happens when your offensive skill players are all playing. Really need Bogo and Kulikov back to shore up the back end though.

Kulikov should be back soon, but it may be a couple more weeks before we see Bogo. It would be nice to see Bogo stay in the lineup for an extended period for once.

When guys are hurt, players have to play a position that may not be their strong point. When healthy, you put your players where they are most comfortable. Goal scoring shouldn't as big an issue with this team as guys get healthy and we are still a hand full of players short. But it's clear that Jack is the one guy this team cannot afford to lose...

@SabresStats

Updated #Sabres Goalie Comparison: Nilsson came back down to earth a little after last night, but he did pick up his 3rd win

CyhAs9uUsAAJ-TF.jpg

@SabresStats

After falling behind for a few games, the #Sabres are now 3 points ahead of where they were after 22 games last year

CyhETZ2UUAIUCZC.jpg
CyhEYENVEAIwn5n.jpg

@tsnscottcullen

Statistically Speaking: Which players bring down possession? Heroes, Zeroes and more. http://bit.ly/ssnhl1129

CyhFRhWXUAARFPE.jpg

Byslma was on the radio yesterday. He said that Kulikov is close to returning, Bogo not so much. Also said that Deslaurier, remember him?, is really close, too.

I'm not sure what they do at center, but if Deslaurier returning knocks Derek Grant off this roster, I'll be happy. He's just not an NHL player. I know calling out a 4th liner doesn't mean all that much, but I just don't see much of anything from this guy.

I'm not sure what they do at center, but if Deslaurier returning knocks Derek Grant off this roster, I'll be happy. He's just not an NHL player. I know calling out a 4th liner doesn't mean all that much, but I just don't see much of anything from this guy.

So Girgensons becomes the 4th line Center?

I like the way Deslauriers plays and I've been looking forward to his return for this reason. To me, he is an NHL player. Maybe he plays a small role, but an upgrade is an upgrade. And to me, a good 4th line makes a big difference between a mediocre team and a competitive team.