Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpgVS. IB3qC7x__200x200.png

SABRES (7-8-5) at CAPITALS (12-5-2)

FRI NOV 25, 2016 @ 5:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 104)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 20 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 20 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 13 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 11 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 8 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Nov. 11) – 7 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/19: Recalled F Cal O’Reilly and F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Tuesday, Nov. 29: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 1: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec 3: Boston at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 5: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Dec. 6: Edmonton at Buffalo, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

SABRES at CAPITALS
This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Capitals this season.
Last meeting: Buffalo defeated Washington, 4-1, in Buffalo on Jan. 16
Next meeting: 4-3-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Capitals; 3-6-1 on the road.
This is the 153rd game all-time between Buffalo and Washington; Buffalo has an 87-46-19 series record.
The Sabres are 41-25-10 on the road against the Capitals all-time.

@ScoutingTheRefs

@VogsCaps

SKATE SHAVINGS: News and Notes from #Caps' Morning Skate: Caps finish homestand against Sabres, much more: https://dumpnchase.monumentalsportsnetwork.com/2016/11/25/skate-shavings-news-and-notes-from-caps-morning-skate

The natives are getting restless in Sabreland. This team blows. Even Eichel isn't going to help much. Not only is the heat on Disco Dan Bylsma but also Zero-F##ks-Given Tim Murray. He put this group of bums together. The goalie he gave up a first round pick for can't make a save in a shootout to save his life. Meanwhile we are dead last in scoring (1.81 gpg) while Toronto, who supposedly is behind us in rebuilding, is averaging 3.10 goals per game. One or no goals scored in 12 of the 21 games played. Right now this team is playing worse than the tank teams under Nolan loaded with AHL talent.

The natives are getting restless in Sabreland. This team blows. Even Eichel isn't going to help much. Not only is the heat on Disco Dan Bylsma but also Zero-F##ks-Given Tim Murray. He put this group of bums together. The goalie he gave up a first round pick for can't make a save in a shootout to save his life. Meanwhile we are dead last in scoring (1.81 gpg) while Toronto, who supposedly is behind us in rebuilding, is averaging 3.10 goals per game. One or no goals scored in 12 of the 21 games played. Right now this team is playing worse than the tank teams under Nolan loaded with AHL talent.

Talk about an overreaction! As the #1 Center on the team Eichel will help quite a bit and the goalie you're bitching about has a 2.38 GAA with a .922 SV%. Goal scoring is the problem on the team obviously and they still have quite a few guys up right now who belong in the AHL.

Talk about an overreaction! As the #1 Center on the team Eichel will help quite a bit and the goalie you're bitching about has a 2.38 GAA with a .922 SV%. Goal scoring is the problem on the team obviously and they still have quite a few guys up right now who belong in the AHL.

This team is supposed to be better than this. And Lehner being helpless on shootouts is a real problem, not a stat.

This team is supposed to be better than this. And Lehner being helpless on shootouts is a real problem, not a stat.

In case you haven't been paying attention, they haven't had the whole team together at all this season. Still no Eichel, Ennis, Kulikov, or Bogo. Not to mention O'Reilly and Kane missing significant time. Carry on.

In case you haven't been paying attention, they haven't had the whole team together at all this season. Still no Eichel, Ennis, Kulikov, or Bogo. Not to mention O'Reilly and Kane missing significant time. Carry on.

Oh I've watched every game. I pay attention. We weren't scoring with Ennis, O'Reilly or Kane. This team has talent but they are not performing at the level expected.

I don't think we have all that much talent. Not really. We've got one bonafide 30-40 goal scorer in Eichel and that's about it. We have a smattering of 20-30 goal scorers in ROR, Okposo, and Reinhart, but they haven't shown that yet this season. Kane's offense is non existent. And I think our biggest problem is team speed. There's a reason we suck at pressuring the puck in the O zone and it's obvious Disco Dan has structured his forecheck to compensate. And I don't blame him for not being more confident in a defense missing two of it's top four.

But we just aren't that talented in the skill department. ROR, Eichel, and occasionally Reinhart and that's about it.

Most people would agree that the injuries for a team with little margin of error to work with have impacted their play. Let's put things in perspective most fans who were reasonable in assessing this team before the season started believed that it was a team capable of competing for a low playoff spot.

As it stands although the team's record is disappointing this team still can qualify for a late playoff position. Last year, in the second half of the season, the team played at a level that would have qualified them for a low playoff spot if they played close to the same rate in the first half of the season. This team is still garnering points at a faster clip than it did the first half of the prior season. I'm hoping with the return of Jack that it will positively affect Okposo and even Kane, whom I am very disappointed in. He has lost confidence and is playing like he is in a funk.

What is most frustrating is watching an offense that is so impotent. Little entertainment value! I'm hanging in there and hoping that eventually the tide will turn and this team will be in the playoff hunt. If not, then what I will be looking for is some of the young players such as Foligno, Carrier and McCabe to steadily get better.