Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

Nilsson should be starting. That's a good news/bad news thing. It's good you find a good goalie. It's bad (for your GM) that it's not the guy you traded a first round pick for.

Having two good goalies is not a problem. It's an asset. I do like Nilsson a lot, even more so than Lehner. He is composed and economical with his movements. The problem with having only one good goalie is that you are vulnerable when the inevitable injuries happen. Also, it seems most goalies (not Price) not only have their fabulous streaks but also their slumps. The Penguins won a Stanley Cup when they were able to turn to their option in goalie when Fluery was hurt and struggled.

Maybe as the season progresses a team like Dallas with a lot of talent and second-rate goaltending will make an attractive trade offer for a goalie.

Yeah, that shtick was funny the first 12,000 times it was done. Why the hell do the ushers let people do that? (And for those who missed it, a d-bag in a bright green body suit sitting by the glass got up to dance wildly every time the puck, and the camera, was in his end. I'm sure the people who paid over $100 for their seats appreciated it.)

Wasn't there another city where there was another ridiculous body suit man playing to the cameras? If I had to sit near this moronic exhibitionist I would be very upset. Some people find this look at me behavior cute; I find it to be weird!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nilsson should be starting. That's a good news/bad news thing. It's good you find a good goalie. It's bad (for your GM) that it's not the guy you traded a first round pick for.

Having two good goalies is not a problem. It's an asset. I do like Nilsson a lot, even more so than Lehner. He is composed and economical with his movements. The problem with having only one good goalie is that you are vulnerable when the inevitable injuries happen. Also, it seems most goalies (not Price) not only have their fabulous streaks but also their slumps. The Penguins won a Stanley Cup when they were able to turn to their option in goalie when Fluery was hurt and struggled.

Maybe as the season progresses a team like Dallas with a lot of talent and second-rate goaltending will make an attractive trade offer for a goalie.

Yeah, that shtick was funny the first 12,000 times it was done. Why the hell do the ushers let people do that? (And for those who missed it, a d-bag in a bright green body suit sitting by the glass got up to dance wildly every time the puck, and the camera, was in his end. I'm sure the people who paid over $100 for their seats appreciated it.)

Wasn't there another city where there was another ridiculous body suit man playing to the cameras? If I had to sit near this moronic exhibitionist I would be very upset. Some people find this look at me behavior cute; I find it to be weird!

I think it started in Vancouver.

Nillsson has a 95% and Lehner a 92% save percentage. If this team could score goals, they would be up there in the standings. At any rate, it's looking Nilsson was a great pickup by GMTM. He'll be getting more playing time if he continues to play this well...

Edited by ricojes

I wore one of those on Halloween this year so I could be this guy. I have no idea how people can wear those things to hockey games. I couldn't see a thing. It was fun yelling at everyone to slow down though.

As for the real green man, that should be saved for Charlie Kelly alone.

A player that doesn't seem to fit in Bylsma's system of tightly structured play is Girgensons. I'm really disappointed in him. When you watch him play you can see and (feel) the frustration that he is enduring playing for a coach who is inhibiting him.

When Girgensons played for Nolan it was a better fit. Nolan had no system other than play hard. Without a doubt Girgensons was a more liberated and better player in that more free lance approach to hockey.

Girgensons had some trade value before the straitjacket was placed on him under the new regime. Now he is nearly worthless on the trade market and he is contributing little to this year's team. Zemgus certainly needs a change of scenery to get back into the flow of playing good hockey.

A player that doesn't seem to fit in Bylsma's system of tightly structured play is Girgensons. I'm really disappointed in him. When you watch him play you can see and (feel) the frustration that he is enduring playing for a coach who is inhibiting him.

When Girgensons played for Nolan it was a better fit. Nolan had no system other than play hard. Without a doubt Girgensons was a more liberated and better player in that more free lance approach to hockey.

Girgensons had some trade value before the straitjacket was placed on him under the new regime. Now he is nearly worthless on the trade market and he is contributing little to this year's team. Zemgus certainly needs a change of scenery to get back into the flow of playing good hockey.

To be honest, he wasn't exactly tearing it up without the "straightjacket". He is an undisciplined player and that's why he currently doesn't fit well on this team, but that will also hold true for any team with a structured system. He's still very young, although I still don't see him ever being more than a 3rd or 4th line center and I certainly don't put the blame 100% on the way he's being coached. He could very well be traded as part of a package deal for sure.

To be honest, he wasn't exactly tearing it up without the "straightjacket". He is an undisciplined player and that's why he currently doesn't fit well on this team, but that will also hold true for any team with a structured system. He's still very young, although I still don't see him ever being more than a 3rd or 4th line center and I certainly don't put the blame 100% on the way he's being coached. He could very well be traded as part of a package deal for sure.

I see him as a third line center at best. But even with that slotting it is obvious that he is not a fit (as you also stated) with this team. When I made the observation about how he was performing under this current regime I wasn't assessing blame. I was simply pointing out that in the system he was playing under he was not only ineffective but also was out of place.

I understand that in all sports coaches have systems. But the really good ones also know how to modify their systems to accommodate the individual talents of each player. I just don't see it here.

T0hlb8Rb_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

Cxy1qtVUkAAuyZr.jpg

LIGHTNING (10-6-1) at SABRES (5-7-4)

THU NOV 17, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 91)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 18 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 18 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 11 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 9 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9) – 6 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Nov. 11) – 5 games
Ryan O’Reilly (oblique, Nov. 12) – 4 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/15: Recalled F Nicholas Baptiste, D Justin Falk and F Evan Rodrigues from Rochester (AHL)
11/16: Assigned D Casey Nelson to Rochester (AHL)
11/17: Recalled D Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL)
11/18: Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste and F Evan Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
11/19: Recalled F Cal O’Reilly and F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Wednesday, Nov. 23: Detroit at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Washington, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 29: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 1: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec 3: Boston at Buffalo, 1 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

FLAMES at SABRES
This is the second of two meetings between the Sabres and Flames this season.
Last meeting: Calgary defeated Buffalo, 4-3 (OT), in Calgary on Oct. 18
The Sabres are 4-4-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Flames; 9-0-1 at home.
This is the 105th game all-time between Buffalo and Calgary/Atlanta; Buffalo has a 50-36-18 series record.
The Sabres are 32-13-6 at home against the Flames all-time.

Morning Skate: November 21, 2016 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

@BuffaloSabres

It's GAME DAY! We'll look to pick up where we left off on Saturday. #SharpenUp: http://bufsabres.co/QMTERH

@JourdonLaBarber

Some potential good news for the #Sabres: Ryan O'Reilly is one of the early participants in their morning skate today.

@pham1717

Lines 9 22 21. 82 23 12. 26 19 28. 10 27 48. 90 is not working in.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I understand that in all sports coaches have systems. But the really good ones also know how to modify their systems to accommodate the individual talents of each player. I just don't see it here.

Nor do I. Your post made me think of Mikhail Grigorenko as they were drafted together. He was let go for the opposite reason, he always lacked effort. Zemgus will give you 110%, and that's what I like about him, but he does get careless with his responsibilities. BTW...Grigorenko has 6 points (1 goal and 5 assists) this season. The future looked so bright for both of these guys when drafted, very disappointing...

Edited by ricojes

Does the posting of line combinations as numbers only drive anyone else crazy? I know why they have to do it that way, but it's even tougher to figure out when half of the Amerk roster is in there.

Does the posting of line combinations as numbers only drive anyone else crazy? I know why they have to do it that way, but it's even tougher to figure out when half of the Amerk roster is in there.

Yes...X1000

Feel free to post the line combinations to your own satisfaction. :thumbsup:

@NHLFlames

http://CalgaryFlames.com

gets you set for this evening's game with Fast Facts, the #CGYvsBUF edition ~ http://cflam.es/2eYJEIp

CxzEQjYW8AAFcfk.jpg

I hope you didn't read it as a jab at you, 26. It was about the laziness that is twitter.

I didn't, but you know it's a short cut world on twitter and other social media outlets. It is what it is.

Except for Vogl apparently:

@BuffNewsVogl

John Vogl Retweeted John Vogl

O'Reilly not doing line rushes, though: Kane-Larsson-Okposo Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta Girgensons-C. O'Reilly-Moulson Carrier-Grant-Schneider

@pham1717

Lehner in goal tonight.

@BuffNewsVogl

Sabres' Ryan O'Reilly says as much as he wants to play, there's still aggravation in his oblique so he won't play tonight.

"Next game is very doable." - Sabres' Ryan O'Reilly. Buffalo hosts Detroit on Wednesday.

Same for me 26, no dig at you all, more PHAM. As an aside...why is that guy on anything related to the Bills?

Why Lehner tonight? Sure as chit hope GMTM does not get into the "we paid a 1 for this guy, he is our starter " mode.

I know he will say he does not set lineup...thats on Disco..but this stinks a bit no? Especially considering his record in shootouts and Disco's stated position they are going to try to win games 1-0?

Goofy

@BuffNewsVogl

John Vogl Retweeted John Vogl

O'Reilly not doing line rushes, though: Kane-Larsson-Okposo Foligno-Reinhart-Gionta Girgensons-C. O'Reilly-Moulson Carrier-Grant-Schneider

I can't tell if they look worse in number form or spelled out. It's shocking how bare the cupboard is right now.