Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is what I was referring to when I mentioned having a point man on the PP who's stick didn't break with every shot. Glad to see is changing sticks...

Bylsma was on WGR today and was discreet on how he discussed the Risto stick breaking episodes and his feelings toward them. On WGR it was reported that Risto and the coach were seen arguing on the bench after the coach didn't put him out on a PP because the defenseman was obstinate about changing to a more durable stick. Risto ended changing his stick and earning an assist after the stick change.

This link is a WGR post from Paul Hamilton and deals with the stick issue and the timetable for the return of some of the injured players. It is encouraging.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Ristolainen-doesn-t-know-if-he-ll-change-st/22942325

Edited by JohnC

Oh man, I can't wait for Eich to get back. Great, entertaining game last night though!

There is no doubt that with the return of Eichel it will be a major boost for the team and the offense. Unquestionably he is our best player. However, the one player I'm intensely watching is Kane. There is no disputing his raw talent. He is physically tough, can skate, consistently gives a strong effort and can score. But it's obvious that his abundant skill set hasn't translated into commensurate production.

Evander is a player who plays an untamed style of game. He is all over the place. The problem with that undisciplined style of game is that it affects his linemates. Yesterday I witnessed a greater effort to play within the confines of the unit. And because of that I felt that he played one of his best games.

The challenge for the coaching staff is to harness his lone ranger style of game to a level that it will also pay dividends for himself and his linemates. It's a delicate balance to not over restrict him and allow him to play his looser style of play within reason. If Kane's talents can be maximized with smart coaching and a recognition and receptivity by the player to do what is best for him and the team then I will not only be happy but will also elevate my expectations for the season.

uD1Dpdzx_200x200.jpgVS. 7x0FMbmZ_200x200.jpg

RED WINGS (8-10-1) at SABRES (7-8-4)

WED NOV 23, 2016 @ 7:00 PM ET

TV: MSG-B

RADIO: WGR 550

Sabres Digital Press Box Game Preview

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 98)

Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed
Cody McCormick (blood clots, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 19 games
Jack Eichel (high-ankle sprain, Oct. 13; injured reserve) – 19 games
Nicolas Deslauriers (knee, Oct. 30; injured reserve) – 12 games
Zach Bogosian (MCL sprain, Nov. 3) – 10 games
Tyler Ennis (groin, Nov. 9) – 7 games
Dmitry Kulikov (lower back, Nov. 11) – 6 games
Ryan O’Reilly (oblique, Nov. 12) – 5 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/17: Recalled D Taylor Fedun from Rochester (AHL)
11/18: Assigned F Nicholas Baptiste and F Evan Rodrigues to Rochester (AHL)
11/19: Recalled F Cal O’Reilly and F Cole Schneider from Rochester (AHL)

UPCOMING GAMES
Friday, Nov. 25: Buffalo at Washington, 5 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 29: Buffalo at Ottawa, 7:30 p.m.
Thursday, Dec. 1: NY Rangers at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Dec 3: Boston at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Monday, Dec. 5: Buffalo at Washington, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME

RED WINGS at SABRES
This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Red Wings this season.
Last meeting: Detroit defeated Buffalo, 3-2, in Detroit on March 28
Next meeting: Tuesday, Dec. 27 in Detroit
The Sabres are 2-7-1 in their last 10 games vs. the Red Wings; 2-7-1 at home.
This is the 130th game all-time between Buffalo and Detroit; Buffalo has a 55-57-17 series record.
The Sabres are 35-19-9 at home against the Red Wings all-time

Morning Skate: November 23, 2016 at 10:00 am – 11:00 am at KeyBank Center

11-22: DAN BYLSMA ON WGR (10:01)

Bylsma - fans have been waiting for some more goals to cheer for. In that 1:45 stretch of PP they were able to get off their feet #Sabres

Bylsma - I think we had a good win against PIT, but in the 1st period yesterday we were gripping the sticks too much. #Sabres

Bylsma - Okposo's PP goal on 5-on-3 was a huge sigh of relief #Sabres

Bylsma - Foligno's goal meant quite a bit to us. It was huge to get a goal at even strength #Sabres

Bylsma - we want to play a game that won't give the opponent much, but we know we also have to win by scoring goals #Sabres

Bylsma - to put up 4 goals was huge for the team #Sabres

Bylsma - Okposo, Reinhart have been getting Grade-A scoring chances. We're going to get our chances if we get to where we need to be #Sabres

Bylsma on Ristolainen's stick breakings - I think the message (to change sticks) has been sent #Sabres

Bylsma on Eichel - he's doing very well. Continues to skate off the ice, real close to skating with the team. It'll be quite soon #Sabres

Bylsma - getting on the ice with your team is a whole 'nother level with Eichel's recovery from his high ankle sprain #Sabres

Bylsma on 90 - there's a chance he'll be back this week. It's a nagging injury that can occur, don't wanna put him in that situation #Sabres

Did they give any reasoning behind the stupid name and logo?

Las Vegas Benders has multiple meanings and would have been a good fit.

while ago i thought i heard the owner was a West Point grad and wanted to go with Black Nights....but maybe Army did not let him go with that?

@Matt_Bove

Bylsma: Eichel is starting to get a little anxious. Bylsma won't comment on when he could return but says "the end is getting near" #Sabres

Bylsma needs to resist Eichel's exhortations and the urge to put him back in because we need a jolt of offense.

Is Jack up to level 7 skating yet?