Sabres & NHL 2016-17 - Victor Antipin Signs One Year Deal

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Q, ended up at Pearl pre-game, but Lagerhuas post..my first time there and i enjoyedi!

Now for my rant.

1) There is absolutely no energy or atmosphere in that building. Flame away, but the crowd at a friggen Caps game is just way more into it than the crowd at the Sabres game. I know winning, tank..all the excuses..Key Bank Center is just a boring experience now. I only paid $40 per for good tickets last night...still feel like I overpaid by $35. Don't even get me started about contrasting it with great hockey towns like Philly, Chicago, Montreal...we can't hold a candle to those arena's

2) Had a 30ish woman in front me get pissed because my nephew and I both yelled at the ref after he missed his 3rd interference penalty in a row. No vulgarities or cussing involved, just a "call the game " type comment...she actually she prefers people only cheer at goals!

3) WTF is happening at games in this town???? Can't stand up at a Bills game, can't cheer/ yell at ref at a Sabre game.....man, I am getting old and thinking of joining the rest of my generation and only watching on TV..most cause they think the games to rowdy, me for the opposite reason.

4) and my biggest Rant.....WTF is up with the Sabres and their response to someone running our stars???

I ain't blaming Boychuk..he has enough history with the Sabres to know he has free reign to whatever the Fug he wants when it comes to the Sabes.

He took out our best player in a playoff series...no response.

Watched Lucic run our best player... no response.

He runs our best player last year...no response.

Runs Jack again last night..no response.

No passion and energy in the building a direct correlation to no passion and energy on the team for the last 8 friggin years....

Buffalo sports is finally starting to wear on my 54-year-old psyche!!!

5) NHL points system has to go...last 7 minutes of third in a tie game is almost like watching the Devils of 2002...make no mistakes, don't be aggressive, and lets hope the other team makes a mistake...we got a point...lets not lose it!

I was at the game last night, too. When Risto buried the game winner I turned and attempted to high-five the fans in Sabres jerseys in the row behind me (like I do with my section at Bills games).

They looked at me like I had two heads.

I was at the game last night, too. When Risto buried the game winner I turned and attempted to high-five the fans in Sabres jerseys in the row behind me (like I do with my section at Bills games).

Maybe they saw you picking your nose and scratching your arse all through the game? So it is understandable why they would reject your high-five offering. Certainly it is better to reject an enthusiastic hand than be contaminated by a germ fest. :sick:

I don't blame the coach for the slow starts. I've heard enough from Bylsma to know that he's telling them the right things. It's on the players, especially the veterans to take the advice and put it to good use.

This team is short a nasty, physical player who will go out and throw a big hit or start a fight when the team is lagging. Delaurier is as close as we get but he doesn't have the credibility nor get enough ice time to be that guy.

I can't help but think the way this team plays offense doesn't suit the skills. We're way to quick to give up possession and dump and chase. That was why I was hoping for Babcock - in his system the team's biggest goal is keeping control of the puck. Dumping it in is excessively rare.

Did you sit in the 200 level? 200 level is like church.

I've always felt the arena design has a lot to do with it. I've been to many different venues and most tend to amplify crowd noise and energy, while the Key Center seems to stifle it. Even concerts there sound like schitt to me and lack a lot of energy.

100's, but damn the place was dead all over.

crazy no?

That was probably the most boring game I've ever been to

We would have been at that game if we did not come up for the Bills game. That being said, was at a pretty big Christmas get together last night...bunch of folks my age, bunch of folks between 14-30 too. Lot of sports fans there.

Not one person requested to put the game on, no one asked about really, not 1 TV out of 3 had the game showing. Saw the score when I got to back to hotel, sounds like did not miss much from your description.

They better be careful down there at harbocenter...fan apathy and boring games will catch up to them if it continues.

That was probably the most boring game I've ever been to

If you want a strategy to kill interest in hockey this game is a formula for it. Carolina, and not Buffalo, was the reason for the lack of scoring opportunities and unobstructed play. It was painful to watch.

There were less than 12,000 sedated people at the game. There is more commotion at an elderly person's wake than was at this snooze-fest. Carolina was using the New Jersey Devils' style of stifling play that serves as an anesthetic to the numb crowd.

The irony with Carolina's style of play is that they have a good skating team with plenty of skill. This organization has no basis to criticize this apathetic market because it plays such a dullard brand of hockey. The franchise forgets that entertainment is part of the equation when marketing the team.

The positives I take out of this game is that Nilsson played very well and Bogosian didn't look rusty. He had the hit of the game. Byslma did more line juggling in this game that I have ever seen him do. Getting a point out of this game isn't the best outcome but at least it is something.

If you want a strategy to kill interest in hockey this game is a formula for it. Carolina, and not Buffalo, was the reason for the lack of scoring opportunities and unobstructed play. It was painful to watch.

There were less than 12,000 sedated people at the game. There is more commotion at an elderly person's wake than was at this snooze-fest. Carolina was using the New Jersey Devils' style of stifling play that serves as an anesthetic to the numb crowd.

The irony with Carolina's style of play is that they have a good skating team with plenty of skill. This organization has no basis to criticize this apathetic market because it plays such a dullard brand of hockey. The franchise forgets that entertainment is part of the equation when marketing the team.

The positives I take out of this game is that Nilsson played very well and Bogosian didn't look rusty. He had the hit of the game. Byslma did more line juggling in this game that I have ever seen him do. Getting a point out of this game isn't the best outcome but at least it is something.

Both teams on the the 2nd night of back to back games. Not surprising it was a lackluster contest.

Both teams on the the 2nd night of back to back games. Not surprising it was a lackluster contest.

I respectfully disagree. This is a deliberate style of play that kills the entertainment value of the game. The reference point is the Jersey Devils under Lou Lamoriello. The Devils with their current GM is trying to change that style of play into a more skilled and open skating approach that was evident when they played in Buffalo.

Prior to the game the analysts were describing the suffocating style of play that Carolina was going to use. And they followed that unappealing joyless script.

It is understandable why an expansion team would use the style of stifling play due to a lack of talent. That approach for a more developed team is not acceptable from a paying customer's standpoint. Yesterday's game was ugly and boring to watch. I hate it!

Bogo's giveaway led to Carolina's only goal. The rest of the game he was pretty good.

Carolina should have been called for about 30 interference penalties. I hate the NHL for their unwilliness to penalize the neutral zone trap out of the game.

Bogo's giveaway led to Carolina's only goal. The rest of the game he was pretty good.

Carolina should have been called for about 30 interference penalties. I hate the NHL for their unwilliness to penalize the neutral zone trap out of the game.

Rob Ray was working the game along the benches as an analyst/commentator. He repeatedly made the same point that you made about the refs not making the calls that were apparent to all. There where numerous times where Boston Jack was hooked, slashed and interfered with that were not called.

I'm not arguing for any team to have an advantage due to the officiating. What I'm arguing for is to call the game and enforce the rules so an authentic NHL hockey game will be played. Discretion is part of officiating andblatantly ignoring the rules are not.

The Sabres were fortunate to get a point out of this game. I don't care whether one is a Carolina or Buffalo fan this game was a dud because the refs didn't do their jobs. The paying customers deserve their money back. They paid to watch a hockey game; they didn't pay to watch garbage!

Hey Q, ended up at Pearl pre-game, but Lagerhuas post..my first time there and i enjoyedi!

Now for my rant.

1) There is absolutely no energy or atmosphere in that building. Flame away, but the crowd at a friggen Caps game is just way more into it than the crowd at the Sabres game. I know winning, tank..all the excuses..Key Bank Center is just a boring experience now. I only paid $40 per for good tickets last night...still feel like I overpaid by $35. Don't even get me started about contrasting it with great hockey towns like Philly, Chicago, Montreal...we can't hold a candle to those arena's

2) Had a 30ish woman in front me get pissed because my nephew and I both yelled at the ref after he missed his 3rd interference penalty in a row. No vulgarities or cussing involved, just a "call the game " type comment...she actually she prefers people only cheer at goals!

3) WTF is happening at games in this town???? Can't stand up at a Bills game, can't cheer/ yell at ref at a Sabre game.....man, I am getting old and thinking of joining the rest of my generation and only watching on TV..most cause they think the games to rowdy, me for the opposite reason.

4) and my biggest Rant.....WTF is up with the Sabres and their response to someone running our stars???

I ain't blaming Boychuk..he has enough history with the Sabres to know he has free reign to whatever the Fug he wants when it comes to the Sabes.

He took out our best player in a playoff series...no response.

Watched Lucic run our best player... no response.

He runs our best player last year...no response.

Runs Jack again last night..no response.

No passion and energy in the building a direct correlation to no passion and energy on the team for the last 8 friggin years....

Buffalo sports is finally starting to wear on my 54-year-old psyche!!!

5) NHL points system has to go...last 7 minutes of third in a tie game is almost like watching the Devils of 2002...make no mistakes, don't be aggressive, and lets hope the other team makes a mistake...we got a point...lets not lose it!

I know everybody after this post is blaming it on the bad years we've had, but I actually remember being at the last playoff series we were in vs.the Flyers and saying where is the crowd. It's just sitting here. Comparing it to a Bills game is not even in the same league.

I don't think it's the design of the building, either - since I was at many playoff games before in that building and the place was insane.

I respectfully disagree. This is a deliberate style of play that kills the entertainment value of the game. The reference point is the Jersey Devils under Lou Lamoriello. The Devils with their current GM is trying to change that style of play into a more skilled and open skating approach that was evident when they played in Buffalo.

Prior to the game the analysts were describing the suffocating style of play that Carolina was going to use. And they followed that unappealing joyless script.

It is understandable why an expansion team would use the style of stifling play due to a lack of talent. That approach for a more developed team is not acceptable from a paying customer's standpoint. Yesterday's game was ugly and boring to watch. I hate it!

My thoughts exactly! I was saying at the Bills tailgate that Carolina is the new NJ. Load the neutral zone and force the other team to dump the puck, it's brutal...