The equally annoying "Obnoxiously Obtuse Optimists"

Yep.

Is a person responsible for his own attitude or not? Simple question.

GO BILLS!!!

yes. It a good coach or ma ager can change that attitude very easily. A great coach can do even more.

Anyone could see that was going to get backlash after being a new guy brought in to replace a team favorite. Anyone could see that Rex had to win over some guys. It seems he didn't. It seemed he didn't try to or care to the got the backward truck. I promise that it will one day be part of a running joke and a reflection of who Rex is and was in Buffalo.

He's a joke

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes. It a good coach or ma ager can change that attitude very easily. A great coach can do even more.

Anyone could see that was going to get backlash after being a new guy brought in to replace a team favorite. Anyone could see that Rex had to win over some guys. It seems he didn't. It seemed he didn't try to or care to the got the backward truck. I promise that it will one day be part of a running joke and a reflection of who Rex is and was in Buffalo.

He's a joke

Who's responsible for your attitude? Other than Rex Ryan, I mean.

That was rhetorical, btw.

GO BILLS!!!

The "realists" bend realities, make "mistakes" when they present their data and live mostly on the extreme end of assumptions for the sake of "realism."

There is no counterweight to that which isn't hyperbolic for comedic effect.

"Obnoxiously obtuse optimists" (and I'll happily march under their banner) get mired in having to just reel "realists" back to reality (ironically).

There are people here who say the Bills will go 2-14 every season. And they mean it. Nobody says they'll go 14-2 without having their tongue pressed firmly into their cheek.

To equate the two is "realist"-level absurdity.

My mother was sure we were going 13-3 last season. I thought 12-4 was possible.

Who is more fun to hang out with at a party?

GO BILLS!!!

As one who has been tailgating with people from TSW at every home game for two decades........definitely the realists.

I find the "optimists" in person to really be a depressed, worried, low self of steam lot.

We rarely talk Bills at all during the tailgate.......because there isn't much good to say and the tailgate party is about celebrating.

This forum however is specifically about the discussion of Bills football........it isn't a tailgate or a cheerleading forum.

The "realists" bend realities, make "mistakes" when they present their data and live mostly on the extreme end of assumptions for the sake of "realism."

There is no counterweight to that which isn't hyperbolic for comedic effect.

"Obnoxiously obtuse optimists" (and I'll happily march under their banner) get mired in having to just reel "realists" back to reality (ironically).

There are people here who say the Bills will go 2-14 every season. And they mean it. Nobody says they'll go 14-2 without having their tongue pressed firmly into their cheek.

To equate the two is "realist"-level absurdity.

I know exactly what you mean, but I kind of feel most "realists" predict a 7-9 each season.

I know exactly what you mean, but I kind of feel most "realists" predict a 7-9 each season.

7-9 will be a tall order this season, at least based on last year's records around the league and our upcoming schedule. And I say that as a longstanding member of Team Sunshine. "Keepin' it real" doesn't always equate to pessimism.

GO BILLS!!!

I am not sure why one would find it hard to believe that people irrationally optimistically rooting for their team would be more accepted than people irrationally bashing the team. I mean geez. That's a puzzler. :death:

Are these the positive and negative threads from last year? Shouldn't they be pinned?

I am not sure why one would find it hard to believe that people irrationally optimistically rooting for their team would be more accepted than people irrationally bashing the team. I mean geez. That's a puzzler. :death:

Are these the positive and negative threads from last year? Shouldn't they be pinned?

I am not sure you know what the term irrational means...........bashing poor performance is RATIONAL. Do I need to remind you how this organization stands in relation to the rest of the NFL......or north american pro sports........in this century.......or in the organizations history? Really?

I am not sure you know what the term irrational means...........bashing poor performance is RATIONAL. Do I need to remind you how this organization stands in relation to the rest of the NFL......or north american pro sports........in this century.......or in the organizations history? Really?

I am pretty sure I know exactly what it means. Do you? Bashing the Bills based on anything but the last few years is irrational. You guys love to hammer the streak home though.

And yes predicting the demise of the Bills at 2-14 every year is irrational. There were quite a few saying it last year with our QB situation, and now quite a few saying it this year with Rex Ryan.

Edited by What a Tuel

Beaten Bills fan syndrome is a condition that occurs when the "Obnoxiously Obtuse Optimists" get knocked down a peg so consistently that they learn to cope thru denial, numbing of feelings, and extreme defensiveness. Often times people who suffer from BBFS have to talk themselves out of optimism in effort to avoid another BBFS attack. In doing this sometimes the victim can go too far and appear to be a "Nattering Nabob of Negativity".

Edited by KzooMike

I am pretty sure I know exactly what it means. Do you? Bashing the Bills based on anything but the last few years is irrational. You guys love to hammer the streak home though.

And yes predicting the demise of the Bills at 2-14 every year is irrational. There were quite a few saying it last year with our QB situation, and now quite a few saying it this year with Rex Ryan.

Who predicts the Bills to go 2-14 every year? I'd love to see that.

I agree but I remember George Edwards and wannstadt. Then pettine and schwartz

Hypnosis might help. Just a guess. You can block certain stuff.

(Schwartz was the exception, but losing him hurt almost as much as seeing his D helped!)

Who predicts the Bills to go 2-14 every year? I'd love to see that.

That was an exaggeration but you get the point. They are out there, this board is better about it at least going by the prediction thread, venture outside of it, and you will see it plenty more. One of my coworkers heard the Sammy Watkins and Shaq Lawson news and immediately projected 3-13.

That was an exaggeration but you get the point. They are out there, this board is better about it at least going by the prediction thread, venture outside of it, and you will see it plenty more. One of my coworkers heard the Sammy Watkins and Shaq Lawson news and immediately projected 3-13.

Do you enjoy a good wager?

Then I suppose its a good thing that I haven't said anything even resembling that.

My point, which is best understood by reading only what it is written, is that choosing to conflate the current status of the team with the last 15 years of utter mismanagement and despair, is a decidedly illogical way to view things and results in a more pessimistic view.

You have not. But it's often been used as a line where suddenly all is new and improved. So far it's different, and different is exciting but really could break either direction long term

What about the equally annoying "Obnoxiously Obtuse Optimists" ???
I am not exactly a doom-sayer, but come on... this team has wallowed in stupidity and played punching bag to the PayTiolets for the better part of two decades now. Exactly how does that even come close to inspiring any real optimism, especially when year after year, this board is alight with blind-faith, blue sky optimism with little more than a few roster moves, maybe a signing of a washed up high priced free agent, and a bunch of gutless puffy chested tweets from a few players about how great they think they are?
Before you reply and bash me, step back, and just look at the last 20 years of nonsense we've endured. If I'm even close to wrong, then I'll take my lumps.

preach!

Whaley probably isn't as good as I think. Rex probably isn't as bad as I think.

Am I a moderate?

What if Rex is as bad as I think (and my thoughts on that matter pre-date his arrival in Buffalo) but I really, really want him to be better and hope he is this year?

Does that make me confused?

Easy- The good looking women IMO.

As a single guy who can do more than just look, I prefer available women who do, over just good looking. Looks are not everything, attitude and availability are a key for a fun night and a nice brunch in the morning.

I'm an optimist, but have dealt with the mediocrity of just good enough to not land a franchise QB to not good enough to land in the playoffs. Every year I think it will get better and my optimism renews. A few times we have been close enough to & 2014, but then crashed and burned at the end. Until we figure out how to beat the Patriots at least once a year, I feel we are doomed to this fate yearly.

Here's hope for a new season. Go Bills!

As one who has been tailgating with people from TSW at every home game for two decades........definitely the realists.

I find the "optimists" in person to really be a depressed, worried, low self of steam lot.

We rarely talk Bills at all during the tailgate.......because there isn't much good to say and the tailgate party is about celebrating.

This forum however is specifically about the discussion of Bills football........it isn't a tailgate or a cheerleading forum.

Low self of steam?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? We're FULL of steam, as in FULL STEAM AHEAD!!! As opposed to simple hot air, which is what you miserable turkeys are full of :)

Based on page and post total...you guys don't have as much of a following as the optimists in the other thread.

Better consult your playbook and stoke the fires some more.

Time to bring out the big guns. A treatise.

We have obviously not tailgated together......although I do hope to get up there eventually!

Putting my bills flag up the palm tree outside my house on game day is irritating the Raider and Charger fans that live around me....:)

I was a card-carrying member of the OOO for years. But look where it got me.

I think I'm joining the NNN. Gotta try something different.

Please. The OOO in you believes that converting to NNN will be the difference.

And it's the OOO in me that believes the same and will thank you to GTFO.