Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

I think Hogan will be very effective with an accurate QB in the interemiadiate over the middle stuff. I hope Tyrod improves there but he's not there yet.

But I agree, we could improve. I don't want to come across like I think he's amazing but I like his game. I've liked him since watching him in person at training camp, two years ago he had a great camp and really beat out woods.

That's the thing about Hogan, he looks great in training camp, but hasn't had that same production in the regular season. Some players are just "training camp monsters" and I hate to say it, but I feel Hogan falls under that category.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the thing about Hogan, he looks great in training camp, but hasn't had that same production in the regular season. Some players are just "training camp monsters" and I hate to say it, but I feel Hogan falls under that category.

Yeah, we've only seen flashes. I think QB play has been a factor, maybe I'm wrong

before anyone says I "hate" him because I say he's replaceable. ..I don't hate him. He's fine. The only Bill I actually hate is Duke Williams. But anyway 7-11 wasn't good in TC this year. He dropped everything. Sorry for saying it but it's the truth. Edited by YoloinOhio

before anyone says I "hate" him because I say he's replaceable. ..I don't hate him. He's fine. The only Bill I actually hate is Duke Williams. But anyway 7-11 wasn't good in TC this year. He dropped everything. Sorry for saying it but it's the truth.

Yes, he struggled in camp this year. I was referring to two years ago

Vic Carucci is filing his Chris Hogan signing with Pats story ahead of time tonight:

To All Fans domestic and abroad STOP

Chris Hogan AKA "7-11" signs with Patriots* STOP

Sources indicate the contract is in excess of $3M annually STOP

$10M Guaranteed - per sources. Don't ask who they are. STOP

Yeah OK. :lol:

@BenVolin

Hogan won't cost the #Patriots any draft pick compensation if they sign him. Team thinks he has potential to be next Welker/Edelman/Amendola

Ben Volin is a total honk. Don't listen to anyone from down here except Felger and Mazz they are pretty fair...I don't think they tweet much though most of their stuff comes from their radio show. The rest of the Boston Media sits around mouth wide open for Pats Buzz.

@BenVolin

Hogan won't cost the #Patriots any draft pick compensation if they sign him. Team thinks he has potential to be next Welker/Edelman/Amendola

This could be the most racist tweet ever. Why could Hogan be the next Welker/Edelman/Amendola?? Because he's white?

That would be like me saying "Sabres happy to have Evander Kane in the fold. Could be the next Tony McKegny"

Brady will turn him into the next Danny Amendola.

I guess. Like he did turning Chandler into Gronk or maybe Hernandez. If you're on the street and you see Scott Chandler, watch the !@#$ out. He's bad ass now.

@BenVolin

Other than not being quick, or able to find the sticks or get RAC or have glue-like hands to make diving grabs like those guys............yeah, I see the comparison. :lol:

I think the problem here is that Tyrod needs better targets than Brady and you can only line up 2-3 WR in Roman's system.......Brady can throw guys open and make bad receivers look good so a #3 WR like Hogan has more value to the Patriots than the Bills.

Bills really need another deep threat opposite Sammy and a big WR who can snatch contested passes out of the air so that Tyrod can feel comfortable throwing the ball in places he customarily does not want to.

Maybe Hogan keeps improving........his workout numbers suggest a much more explosive player than he's been but it's possible he's just the anti-Sammy in that he gets a lot less athletic with the pads on.

Other than not being quick, or able to find the sticks or get RAC or have glue-like hands to make diving grabs like those guys............yeah, I see the comparison. :lol:

I think the problem here is that Tyrod needs better targets than Brady and you can only line up 2-3 WR in Roman's system.......Brady can throw guys open and make bad receivers look good so a #3 WR like Hogan has more value to the Patriots than the Bills.

Bills really need another deep threat opposite Sammy and a big WR who can snatch contested passes out of the air so that Tyrod can feel comfortable throwing the ball in places he customarily does not want to.

Maybe Hogan keeps improving........his workout numbers suggest a much more explosive player than he's been but it's possible he's just the anti-Sammy in that he gets a lot less athletic with the pads on.

Agree re: Hogan. There is no there, there.

I really think Boykin steps up as the "big Wr" in this offense. I think he's an underrated signing.

if pats offer is for more than $1.67 mil AND the Bills match it, then whaley screwed up.

therefore, if Pats offer is for more than $1.67 mil.....the BIlls will NOT match.

$1.67 mil tender = original round (Hogan was undrafted) NO compensation

$2.553 mil tender = 2nd round pick compensation

$3.365 mil tender = 1st round pick compensation

if pats offer is for more than $1.67 mil AND the Bills match it, then whaley screwed up.

therefore, if Pats offer is for more than $1.67 mil.....the BIlls will NOT match.

$1.67 mil tender = original round (Hogan was undrafted) NO compensation

$2.553 mil tender = 2nd round pick compensation

$3.365 mil tender = 1st round pick compensation

they won't match. They don't think he's worth 2.5m/yr. They can replace him for less. A month ago he says he's "fighting for his job". He was questionable to make the team last year. He's more valuable to the Pats who pass 50 times/game than he is to the Bills who pass 25 times/game and have a true #1 WR they want to target with nearly half of those. The Bills have already signed Boykin (and Little) and can draft a WR.

I have heard that the Pats may cut Amendola if they sign Hogan, which would save them 4mill on the cap. IMO that's a downgrade for them.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Drops balls, fails to pick up first downs, alligator arm passes... IMO, he's overrated by Bills fans.

he had some bad drops late last season... They were uncharacteristic of what I'd seen previously. Then it was revealed one of his wrists was shredded so he was one handed.

But again, he's a decent back up WR. People that expect him to be jerry rice should maybe spend some more time hating themselves or their view of the game

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Spot on Badol- Hogan has good hands and will flourish with Brady as a third target. TT is not accurate enough at this point, but could be in time. It sucks as we are just cash strapped, and don't have it to match the front end dollars the Pats will offer. I'm happy for Hogan as the competition drove up the number for him. He seems like a good guy, and suffered from that injury to his wrist.

In all seriousness, why are the Patriots so obsessed with white wide receivers? There's like ten white wide receivers and most of them have played for the Pats at one time or another. They had double white tight ends last year, they had like the only white running back in football for a while; like seriously, what gives?

It is the opposite - most teams will not give white WRs a chance.

This could be the most racist tweet ever. Why could Hogan be the next Welker/Edelman/Amendola?? Because he's white?

That would be like me saying "Sabres happy to have Evander Kane in the fold. Could be the next Tony McKegny"

I agree...it's been said about Hogan before...the next Welker....nothing about his game is close to Welker