Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Football IQ? You mean like running your pass route short of the 1st down maker and then getting tackled to leave the team with a 4th down. :thumbsup:

@MikeReiss

1 of main things Bill Belichick assesses in these visits is football IQ. Those who know WRs Rod Streater & Chris Hogan say they rate highly.

@ChrisBrownBills

Chris Brown Retweeted Adam Schefter

Pats didn't have to go to these lengths. $1.67M tender was as far as #Bills could really go.

for having such a high football IQ he sure has no idea where the first down marker is.

Probably because they look at him as a replacement to Edelman. The guy was good for quite a few first downs when needed and isn't that exactly what the Patriots used Welker, Edelman for?

Yup; just what I said above. Once Welker was used up they switched to Edelman. He's almost reached his concussion max so they'll need a new guy.

Hogan will be the steal of your 2017 fantasy draft.

The Patriots didn't bring back LaFell, so I'm guessing he'll be on the outside in his place.

I didn't see how much the Kearse deal was signed for in Seattle but if the Pats give Hogan more than him that is going to make my day.

@AaronWilson_NFL

Jermaine Kearse three-year, $13.5M Seahawks deal, $6.3M gtd, $5.5M bonus, salaries $800,000, $2.2M, $5M, up to $1.4M incentives annual

Hogan is a marginal talent yet the Pats are interested in him??? Makes sense.

The Patriots have me scratching my head sometimes. I scratched my head re: what they wanted with Chandler.

Hogan has some plusses - he *is* 7-11 and a good route runner.. OTOH, he drops balls he should catch and doesn't mind the sidelines and the 1st down marker as he should. The Pats must feel they can "coach him up" on these points.

I have been telling this board Chris Hogan is good for two years whilst he has been called "a marginal talent" and an "easily replaceable player".....

Seems Belichick thinks he is good too.

He though Lafell, Thompkins and Dobson were good too...

So Hogan's gone. Don't see how the Bills can match that offer sheet. At this point, we have two WR's in Sammy and Bobby and then a bunch of scrubs. We're rapidly devolving into a mess.

They can't and it wouldn't make sense for the even if they could at that dollar figure... It will be interesting to see how it works out, but if I'm hogan I'd be pretty pumped about playing with Brady after all the crappy QB he's lived through.

Has anybody pointed out that when we did this with Clay.....we were morons

but the patriots do it......crickets

It is very similar - correct. Clay was more valuable to us than to Miami in terms of how our offense was going to use him in various ways on nearly every snap. Hogan is more valuable to NE than us in terms of how he fits their offense. Miami wanted to keep Clay at a certain price point that fit his value to their offense. Buffalo wanted to keep Hogan at a certain price point that fit his value to their offense. If Buffalo had 20 mill in cap space they wouldn't match this. He's not worth 4mill/yr to us. He is worth it to them, moving on.