Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

Hogan caught 36 passes for 450 yards last year and 2 TDs.

Buffalo's current depth behind Sammy and Robert Woods now consists of Hankerson, Easley, Salas, Dez Lewis, Greg Little, Walt Powell, and Jarrett Boykin.

That group combined managed a whopping 30 catches for 426 yards and 4 TDs, most of which came from Hankerson who spent time with 3 franchises last year.

Hogan isn't a world-beater. But their third receiver will be someone who's unproven.

Maybe they'll run it 40 times per game next season.

Edited by BillsVet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady only throws to Edelman, Gronk, and whichever RB is in the game that week. Amendola has been largely invisible in that offense. Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Wright, Chandler, were invisible in that offense. I like Hogan, I just don't expect him to develop the chemistry with Brady that will lead to significant targets. First time he drops a ball or tries to cut back for more yards and falls short of the sticks on 3rd down and its over for him.

Brady only throws to Edelman, Gronk, and whichever RB is in the game that week. Amendola has been largely invisible in that offense. Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, Wright, Chandler, were invisible in that offense. I like Hogan, I just don't expect him to develop the chemistry with Brady that will lead to significant targets. First time he drops a ball or tries to cut back for more yards and falls short of the sticks on 3rd down and its over for him.

Amendola had 600+ yards two of his three years as a Pat.

I'm starting to think WR in round 1 is a real possibility this year

CBF

I'm not sure the Bills will even have 1st round grades on any WRs. They could, but I have seen draft analysts saying the #1 guy, Treadwell, would not have even gone anywhere in the 1st the last 2 years. It is a deep class, but not top heavy in terms of elite players. I think 3rd-5th is the right place considering all the WRs they signed in the offseason who can easily take Hogan's targets. I do expect them to take one somewhere in the draft since Woods is a FA next year.

Hogan caught 36 passes for 450 yards last year and 2 TDs.

Buffalo's current depth behind Sammy and Robert Woods now consists of Hankerson, Easley, Salas, Dez Lewis, Greg Little, Walt Powell, and Jarrett Boykin.

That group combined managed a whopping 30 catches for 426 yards and 4 TDs, most of which came from Hankerson who spent time with 3 franchises last year.

Hogan isn't a world-beater. But their third receiver will be someone who's unproven.

Maybe they'll run it 40 times per game next season.

I might be alone in this, but I think a decent number 3 is in that group. One or two will emerge, and they'll probably add others before training camp.

Hogan is a good player and will do very well for the Pats and with Brady. The Pats are making a smart move.

By the same token, 7/11 is probably more valuable playing for the Pat and with Brady than he is for the Bills.

Whenever Gronk lights us up, I always wish that the Bills had taken him. Yet, I wonder to what extent Gronk would have been Gronk if had been playing for the Bills these past few years rather than with Brady. That is not to say Gronk is not an elite player. He is. It is just that I sadly believe that his talents probably would have been wasted with the Bills.

Edited by Peter

why didnt whaley tender at $2.5 mil for a 2nd round draft pick as compensation ?

Because they placed a value on him below that and no team was going to give them a 2nd round pick as compensation. Especially not NE since they do not have a 1st rounder in this draft.