Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

I have been telling this board Chris Hogan is good for two years whilst he has been called "a marginal talent" and an "easily replaceable player".....

Seems Belichick thinks he is good too.

Belichick's claim to fame is not evaluating WR's he has been no better than anyone else.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hogan stinks so I won't miss his mediocrity. What I'm mad about is why didn't the Bills gauge the market and see that he was in high demand and put a higher value on him? We could have gotten draft pick compensation but now we get nothing!

Then he'd be in Buffalo at an inflated salary because there is no way the Patriots sign him to an offer sheet where they give up a #2 pick having already forfeited their #1 due to #deflategate sanctions.

Then he'd be in Buffalo at an inflated salary because there is no way the Patriots sign him to an offer sheet where they give up a #2 pick having already forfeited their #1 due to #deflategate sanctions.

They could have put a 2nd round tender on him for 900k more. Bad move

They could have put a 2nd round tender on him for 900k more. Bad move

Yes, that is the inflated salary he would be at... 2.5 mill. Because no one is giving up a 2nd rounder for him, so we are stuck paying a WR3-4 2.5 mill when we throw 25 times/game. No thanks.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Hogan will be a stud there.

I think it's a bit early for these claims.

Scott Chandler was suppose to be a stud there too.

EDIT: Amendola was suppose to be a "stud" when they signed him away from St. Louis, that hasn't really worked out.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

We have seen what Hogan is on Sundays, don't be blinded by the impressive workout numbers and try hard attitude. He is just another borderline WR fighting to stay in the league. No need to overpay him, the Patriots and their fans will soon see that for themselves.

We have seen what Hogan is on Sundays, don't be blinded by the impressive workout numbers and try hard attitude. He is just another borderline WR fighting to stay in the league. No need to overpay him, the Patriots and their fans will soon see that for themselves.

Good thing the Pats* don't know your secret. Nobody tell them...

Hogan is typical of the journeyman pro's we are losing because of the cap problem. We will have some superstars (at least their paychecks will be) and a bunch of cheap guys filling the holes...who are not up to Hogan's competance level. Mark my words.....the talent level on the team is dropping because of the big contracts we are giving to the better players we have. Not going to come out well imho. 6-10 (again)

They better let him go. He's simply not worth that kind of money.

@AdamSchefter

The front-loaded $5.5M number in Chris Hogan's offer sheet with Patriots is the challenge for Bills. Big number for team tight vs cap.

They have to or they look stupid. They could have retained him for 2.5M

Good thing the Pats* don't know your secret. Nobody tell them...[/quote

Right. I'm glad they are wasting a roster spot on another one of our players. If Chandler was serviceable that offense may have been better suited to beat Denver.

I'm failing to see what Chandler has to do with Hogan

They have to or they look stupid. They could have retained him for 2.5M

That would have been a bigger waste. Greg Salas provided equal production last two weeks of the season.

Edited by GG