Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

@adamschefter

Buffalo RFA WR Chris Hogan visiting NE today, per league source. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that Bills would have 5 days to match.

@rapsheet

There's been interest for some time. Similar to when Patriots liked Danny Amendola for years

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please no. Would be a very good addition for the pats**

meh, we will probably lose to them anyway with or without him. It's the rest of the matchups I worry about. I think they might cut Amendola to save cash and hogan is a downgrade IMO. If they sign hogan, we get that 1.67 back in cap and maybe sign a LB or NT for depth, draft a tall or speed WR to replace him. Edited by YoloinOhio

If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club.

The Bills need him at WR and ST. I don't expect Easley to recover till late season if that soon from his serious knee injury

Edited by ALF

They both saw him get wide open all game against them MNF. With a couple better passes, he might have helped us beat them.

It's one thing I respect about the Pats. When they go against guys who do well against them, they go after them.

That said, D'Rick Rogers would be a much better signing for them. He just needs a 5th chance.

@adamschefter

Buffalo RFA WR Chris Hogan visiting NE today, per league source. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that Bills would have 5 days to match.

@rapsheet

There's been interest for some time. Similar to when Patriots liked Danny Amendola for years

If the Pats sign him the correct move would be not to match.

Have at it NE.

Chris Hogan is a marginal talent at best. We can do much better than him at WR. Sure he will catch some balls from Brady. (everyone does) But he is certainly not a game changer/difference maker. I am sure we will let him walk if NE makes him a decent offer. We have much bigger needs to think about than keeping Chris Hogan.

Chris Hogan is a marginal talent at best. We can do much better than him at WR. Sure he will catch some balls from Brady. (everyone does) But he is certainly not a game changer/difference maker. I am sure we will let him walk if NE makes him a decent offer. We have much bigger needs to think about than keeping Chris Hogan.

+1