Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all seriousness, why are the Patriots so obsessed with white wide receivers? There's like ten white wide receivers and most of them have played for the Pats at one time or another. They had double white tight ends last year, they had like the only white running back in football for a while; like seriously, what gives?

In all seriousness, why are the Patriots so obsessed with white wide receivers? There's like ten white wide receivers and most of them have played for the Pats at one time or another. They had double white tight ends last year, they had like the only white running back in football for a while; like seriously, what gives?

if I ever bet, I would bet anything on them drafting Christian McCaffrey next year. Lock it up.

#HateGate #WhiteGate

Losing our WR3, WR4, and WR5 is kinda annoying. Hopefully we can pick up some talent late in the draft, or there's some decent street FAs to be had.

(assuming Hogan, Harvin, and Goodwin/Easley are all unavailable to going into the new season)

Edited by Dorkington

Losing our WR3, WR4, and WR5 is kinda annoying. Hopefully we can pick up some talent late in the draft, or there's some decent street FAs to be had.

(assuming Hogan, Harvin, and Goodwin/Easley are all unavailable to going into the new season)

i don't think Little or Lewis are probably any worse as depth WR options than Easley. We are used to not having Harvin and Goodwin. Boykin can replace Hogan and I think they draft one.

Another option is taking hogan's cap space and trying to sign a vet on a one year deal like Anquan Boldin or Andre Johnson as WR3.

Edited by YoloinOhio

i don't think Little or Lewis are probably any worse as depth WR options than Easley. We are used to not having Harvin and Goodwin. Boykin can replace Hogan and I think they draft one.

Hopefully one of the above steps up and is a reliable WR3... we have greater needs on defense that need to be addressed with our early round picks.

if I ever bet, I would bet anything on them drafting Christian McCaffrey next year. Lock it up.

Thank you. It's way beyond a coincidence. I'm not saying they're racists, obviously they have plenty of black players too. But Belichick and Brady definitely get a boner over white skill position players. There's not a doubt in my mind.

Thank you. It's way beyond a coincidence. I'm not saying they're racists, obviously they have plenty of black players too. But Belichick and Brady definitely get a boner over white skill position players. There's not a doubt in my mind.

Why bring race into the discussion if "your not saying they are"? Just curious.

They go after high IQ players on both sides of the ball, I have never met Hogan but maybe that's why he has interest. The Patriots have failed miserably at drafting WR's and nearly all of them were AA.

Edited by Commonsense

Nothing that that franchise does is coincidental. In college I had a friend who was under the impression that they prefer white wide receivers because they are more likely to draw a PI call and less likely to get hit with OPI. Who knows.

quite the leap there tbh. I simply said Chris Hogan is replaceable.

Not really. There have been plenty of other posts suggesting Woods needs to get replaced too.

Hogan was open for tds against the Pats and was missed. Does it matter if he is a better talent if he is open and there's a poor pass?

Not really. There have been plenty of other posts suggesting Woods needs to get replaced too.

Hogan was open for tds against the Pats and was missed. Does it matter if he is a better talent if he is open and there's a poor pass?

the leap was that you quoted me and alluded to everyone wanting to replace the whole WR group, when I simply said Hogan is replaceable.

I'm sure he will do great there. I don't care. We will lose to them no matter whether he is here or there. Might as well draft a replacement and utilize his cap space elsewhere.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Haha. It is quite a coincidence. But they are all about precision route running. It's why Chad Johnson and probably Stevie Johnson won't work there.

Hogan runs good routes and gets open. They really value that.

Maybe they find talented white players who are overlooked by other teams based on where they come from.

the leap was that you quoted me and alluded to everyone wanting to replace the whole WR group, when I simply said Hogan is replaceable.

My bad for lumping you in. Right now, we aren't a good passing team and I think too many people are blaming the Wrs. You switch out receiving core with Brady's, whose group is better?

Why bring race into the discussion if "your not saying they are"? Just curious.

They go after high IQ players on both sides of the ball, I have never met Hogan but maybe that's why he has interest. The Patriots have failed miserably at drafting WR's and nearly all of them were AA.

Please elaborate

good for him, seems like a nice guy. But since we don't have Brady, would like to upgrade to someone in the draft who can be a star with the QB we have. Bills have 11 WR on the roster as it is.

Who cares. What really matters is what Chris Hogan can do for this team and his body of work suggests he is a replacement level WR.

Just an observation guys . . . .

It would be a good signing for both. He will do no less than he did there and if they don't give the ball to him they will just find someone else equal.

Hogan is athletic and talented but by no means is he exceptional.

Still, ID rather not deliver a player who can be used effectively to a division rival. And would rather keep him than Goodwin. If both go, bring back TJ Graham