Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Tom Brady can make marginal talent look pretty damn good....Except Scott Chandler. :lol:

I know. It's crazy right? Not good enough for the Bills but he's good enough for the Pats?

Personally, I would try to copy things good teams do. If they want a player you have, maybe it's because they think he has talent.

But we can give away millions of dollars to Harvin and hope he makes it to game 5 this year. He has crazy talent (on IR).

I know. It's crazy right? Not good enough for the Bills but he's good enough for the Pats?

Personally, I would try to copy things good teams do. If they want a player you have, maybe it's because they think he has talent.

But we can give away millions of dollars to Harvin and hope he makes it to game 5 this year. He has crazy talent (on IR).

Harvin isn't on the team. They didn't re-sign him.

Hogan is "good enough" for the Billls, seeing as he's made the team every year since they signed him off the scrap heap and have him a RFA tender. I don't know why this has to be a referendum on them if they choose not to match an offer from NE that is higher than where they may value him. He's a #3-4 WR on any team. Except the Browns where he would be the #1 of course.

You act like the Bills value Harvin over Hogan. They clearly do not, as it stands today.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I really don't care if he thrives with them or not tbh. Chandler didn't. This is similar. I would like to upgrade at WR in the draft. I think Boykin can take his spot.

I don't disagree with that but I think Hogan is better tha people give him credit for. Re-watch the MNF game. He was open all day.

Sadly, if the Pats sign him, Brady will turn him into a star.

good for him, seems like a nice guy. But since we don't have Brady, would like to upgrade to someone in the draft who can be a star with the QB we have. Bills have 11 WR on the roster as it is. Edited by YoloinOhio

Agreed. Woods isn't a world-beater, but he's better than many give him credit for. Does anyone see a more pressing need than WR2 if Woods is signed away? It sure looks like the Cheartiots can get him easily with a modest front-loading of his contract - if they want him. That would make Goodwin and Easly the Bills' second and third WRs. Anyone else feeling incredibly uncomfortable with that? Also, it appears to be a terrible draft for WR prospects.

it is Hogan, not Woods.

I think it will be Watkins, Woods, Boykin. I don't think it's a bad WR draft, it has decent depth just not elite 1st round talent. I don't want them to take one early anyway, and we don't need a wr1 to justify it.

Edited by YoloinOhio

good for him, seems like a nice guy. But since we don't have Brady, would like to upgrade to someone in the draft who can be a star with the QB we have. Bills have 11 WR on the roster as it is.

Why do we have to replace the whole receiving core (a lot of people want to replace Woods too)? We have one star receiver and don't throw enough to have another wr put up numbers.

Again, Hogan was open for tds that could have beat the Pats but he was missed. Also if we want a franchise qb, shouldn't the definition be he turns average guys into stars? We need to surround a franchise qb with 1st round picks?

Why do we have to replace the whole receiving core (a lot of people want to replace Woods too)? We have one star receiver and don't throw enough to have another wr put up numbers.

Again, Hogan was open for tds that could have beat the Pats but he was missed. Also if we want a franchise qb, shouldn't the definition be he turns average guys into stars? We need to surround a franchise qb with 1st round picks?

quite the leap there tbh. I simply said Chris Hogan is replaceable.

They both saw him get wide open all game against them MNF. With a couple better passes, he might have helped us beat them.

It's one thing I respect about the Pats. When they go against guys who do well against them, they go after them.

That said, D'Rick Rogers would be a much better signing for them. He just needs a 5th chance.

:worthy::lol:

@adamschefter

Buffalo RFA WR Chris Hogan visiting NE today, per league source. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that Bills would have 5 days to match.

@rapsheet

There's been interest for some time. Similar to when Patriots liked Danny Amendola for years

Jokes on Belichick. Hogan sucks. We said so.