Chris Hogan visiting Patriots-Signs $12M offer sheet

I feel pretty confident that if Hogan stays healthy, Brady is going to make him look pretty darn good. I don't think he is going to be an All-Pro or anything, but I think he will put up much bigger numbers than either of the past two seasons and a lot of people in here are going to be surprised.

It was the right move for the Bills to let him go at that price, however. He is a pretty good player, but he was underutilized. Can't justify that CAP space for a guy we don't throw to often in a team that is very run heavy.

Edited by DC Greg

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel pretty confident that if Hogan stays healthy, Brady is going to make him look pretty darn good. I don't think he is going to be an All-Pro or anything, but I think he will put up much bigger numbers than either of the past two seasons and a lot of people in here are going to be surprised.

With Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Dion Lewis already there, he will not be a primary target. All of those options are far better than Hogan.

Of course he will. They throw the ball 50x/game and he's going to be the #2 WR it appears unless they keep Amendola. Either way, he is bound to see the ball more. They aren't paying him to shine Sammy's shoes like he was doing here.

Edited by YoloinOhio

@SharpFootball

BUF threw ball to him on just 11.6% of all pass plays, but NE is prepared to pay Chris Hogan $4M/yr, almost what they pay Edelman ($4.25M).

Makes sense. They need to establish a new quick, white guy who runs short routes, catches 100 balls a year, and gets lots of concussions. A couple more big hits and Edelman will be done and they'll transition to Hogan.

Edited by KD in CT

Hogan is a breast when he doesn't have torn ligaments in his wrist. I really didn't want to waste a draft pick on a WR this year but now it seems necessary. I also still feel that Woods is being way under-utilized by being asked to block all the time. Perhaps we can get Easley back into the WR mix this year.

I like breasts..

Why is it that when New England overpays for our mediocre players we go into a panic?

Anyone with eyes could tell you that Scott Chandler was a middling tight end with major athletic limitations. We get a real TE in Clay but suddenly because Belichick signs him Chandler must be some secret weapon.

Chandler is on the street, because amazingly, Brady couldn't turn him into a superstar and a red zone nightmare. Now they have discovered a diamond in the rough in Chris Hogan. I'm so scared.

Food for thought; NE* now knows every teaching concept of Sanjay Lal and the intricacies of Roman's offense in Buffalo.........

Again, they didn't know it last year and still won. It is double losses every year. It doesn't matter as long as Brady is there. You just hope we win other games.

Of course he will. They throw the ball 50x/game and he's going to be the #2 WR it appears unless they keep Amendola. Either way, he is bound to see the ball more. They aren't paying him to shine Sammy's shoes like he was doing here.

He'll at least be behind Gronk and Edleman....so a #3 at least

Hogan stinks so I won't miss his mediocrity. What I'm mad about is why didn't the Bills gauge the market and see that he was in high demand and put a higher value on him? We could have gotten draft pick compensation but now we get nothing!

Because they listened to people like you? Really bad decision.

The reason they did not give a higher tender was because he would have signed it and they did not have the cap space after IMO overpriced offers made previous years to FAs.

With Gronk, Edelman, Amendola, and Dion Lewis already there, he will not be a primary target. All of those options are far better than Hogan.

What do you think Edelman and Amendola would have looked like in our Offense?

Hogan is typical of the journeyman pro's we are losing because of the cap problem. We will have some superstars (at least their paychecks will be) and a bunch of cheap guys filling the holes...who are not up to Hogan's competance level. Mark my words.....the talent level on the team is dropping because of the big contracts we are giving to the better players we have. Not going to come out well imho. 6-10 (again)

They're marked.....Losing Hogan is no where near the list of top concerns

@SharpFootball

BUF threw ball to him on just 11.6% of all pass plays, but NE is prepared to pay Chris Hogan $4M/yr, almost what they pay Edelman ($4.25M).

Probably because they look at him as a replacement to Edelman. The guy was good for quite a few first downs when needed and isn't that exactly what the Patriots used Welker, Edelman for?